Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Deron to Nets, "not to wait on Dwight."

Not sure if this should have it's own thread or be in the Dwight thread, but.....

Deron Williams became the focal point of the Brooklyn Nets when he re-signed with the team this summer, choosing the newly relocated organization over his hometown Dallas Mavericks.

Before Williams’ free agency began, though, he was offering advice to Nets general manager Billy King. He urged the team not to throw all its eggs in one basket. In other words, don’t devote everything to land Dwight Howard.

“One thing Deron did say to me, he said, ‘Please just don’t wait on Dwight. We can’t wait and not have a team,” King said during a premiere of NBA TV’s “The Association: Brooklyn Nets.”

It would have been the perfect pick and roll combination, Williams and Howard, but instead the Lakers eventually traded to get Howard.

King took Williams advice. Sort of. After multiple attempts to bring Howard to Brooklyn from the Orlando Magic, including offering Brook Lopez and Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks and first-round picks, the Nets ultimately built their team with key pieces instead. Brooklyn brought in nine new players, mainly star shooting guard Joe Johnson, to support Williams.

“The team of Brooklyn is bigger than one person,” King said on the premiere. “I owed it to the organization, I owed it to our fans, I owed it to Deron and the players that we have to build for Brooklyn, and we went forward and built our team.”

Williams has been in the news this week for suggesting that Dallas owner Mark Cuban’s absence from meetings played a role in why he chose the Nets over the Mavericks. Cuban was filming the reality show Shark Tank when Williams met with Mavs executives. Williams said, “I think if he was there, he would have been able to answer those questions a little better. Maybe would have helped me.”
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/deron-will...medium=twitter

vCash
    This offseason was good compared to the past ones. I mean, if you can't get a superstar, you should at least resign what you have in house. Also there are some nice additions: Johnson, Teletovic looks good on youtube, and Blatche will be an asset off the bench if he keeps his **** straight. The most important one is Brooklyn of course, it means a real home crowd. Deron said there was zero percent chance of him staying if Nets stayed in Jersey. I expect this season to be a little turbulent because of all the new factors, but the Nets should reach the playoffs. After that, anything is a bonus this year. Nets could beat everybody in this division except the Heat in the playoffs. And even the Heat are beatable with a little bit of luck, unless Lebron goes MJ this season like he is supposed to.

vCash
    thats kind of lame if deron would of left if we stayed in jersey, the timing of brooklyn 2012 was perfect as well . starting lineup is solid , bench has some question marks and we need major improvement from defense, lopez rebounding and defense and humphries defense is key as well as guys improvement individually

vCash
    You see? Again this is why you don't say "OMG BILLY KING YOU SUCK WHY ARE YOU JUST SITTING ON YOUR HANDS IF WE DON'T GET DWIGHT IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee2327 View Post
    thats kind of lame if deron would of left if we stayed in jersey, the timing of brooklyn 2012 was perfect as well . starting lineup is solid , bench has some question marks and we need major improvement from defense, lopez rebounding and defense and humphries defense is key as well as guys improvement individually
    The timing would have been well for the Brooklyn move in 2010 as well. Guarantee LeBron would have been a Net!

vCash
    lebron was not coming here to brooklyn , he saw his pals wade and bosh form a solid team and joined to be a title team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee2327 View Post
    lebron was not coming here to brooklyn , he saw his pals wade and bosh form a solid team and joined to be a title team
    The reason LeBron never had a chance to come to Brooklyn was because he saw Wade and Bosh team up? Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Bosh the 3rd wheel?

LeBron entertained the idea of Brooklyn because he said it's his favorite borough in his favorite city and Jay Z is like his role model.

vCash
    lebron was never picking nets over a wade and bosh combo, thats bottom line,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    The reason LeBron never had a chance to come to Brooklyn was because he saw Wade and Bosh team up? Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Bosh the 3rd wheel?
    I think you actually are wrong here dude haha. Bosh and Wade announced that they were both signing with Miami in interviews on ESPN. LeBron soon there after announced on "The Decision" that he would be joining them in South Beach. If I had a choice between Brooklyn with no support or Miami with Bosh and Wade, I would have done the same thing LeBron did. Just like all his haters would have done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YanksJetsNets View Post
    I think you actually are wrong here dude haha. Bosh and Wade announced that they were both signing with Miami in interviews on ESPN. LeBron soon there after announced on "The Decision" that he would be joining them in South Beach. If I had a choice between Brooklyn with no support or Miami with Bosh and Wade, I would have done the same thing LeBron did. Just like all his haters would have done.
    Call me stupid, but I believe a certain number 23 would have done otherwise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    Call me stupid, but I believe a certain number 23 would have done otherwise.
    And how many number 23s have there ever been? Oh.