Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the Middle of the Map
    Posts
    13,746
    vCash
    1500

    Deron to Nets, "not to wait on Dwight."

    Not sure if this should have it's own thread or be in the Dwight thread, but.....


    Deron Williams became the focal point of the Brooklyn Nets when he re-signed with the team this summer, choosing the newly relocated organization over his hometown Dallas Mavericks.

    Before Williams’ free agency began, though, he was offering advice to Nets general manager Billy King. He urged the team not to throw all its eggs in one basket. In other words, don’t devote everything to land Dwight Howard.

    “One thing Deron did say to me, he said, ‘Please just don’t wait on Dwight. We can’t wait and not have a team,” King said during a premiere of NBA TV’s “The Association: Brooklyn Nets.”

    It would have been the perfect pick and roll combination, Williams and Howard, but instead the Lakers eventually traded to get Howard.

    King took Williams advice. Sort of. After multiple attempts to bring Howard to Brooklyn from the Orlando Magic, including offering Brook Lopez and Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks and first-round picks, the Nets ultimately built their team with key pieces instead. Brooklyn brought in nine new players, mainly star shooting guard Joe Johnson, to support Williams.

    “The team of Brooklyn is bigger than one person,” King said on the premiere. “I owed it to the organization, I owed it to our fans, I owed it to Deron and the players that we have to build for Brooklyn, and we went forward and built our team.”

    Williams has been in the news this week for suggesting that Dallas owner Mark Cuban’s absence from meetings played a role in why he chose the Nets over the Mavericks. Cuban was filming the reality show Shark Tank when Williams met with Mavs executives. Williams said, “I think if he was there, he would have been able to answer those questions a little better. Maybe would have helped me.”
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/deron-will...medium=twitter

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,361
    vCash
    1500
    This offseason was good compared to the past ones. I mean, if you can't get a superstar, you should at least resign what you have in house. Also there are some nice additions: Johnson, Teletovic looks good on youtube, and Blatche will be an asset off the bench if he keeps his **** straight. The most important one is Brooklyn of course, it means a real home crowd. Deron said there was zero percent chance of him staying if Nets stayed in Jersey. I expect this season to be a little turbulent because of all the new factors, but the Nets should reach the playoffs. After that, anything is a bonus this year. Nets could beat everybody in this division except the Heat in the playoffs. And even the Heat are beatable with a little bit of luck, unless Lebron goes MJ this season like he is supposed to.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    vCash
    1500
    thats kind of lame if deron would of left if we stayed in jersey, the timing of brooklyn 2012 was perfect as well . starting lineup is solid , bench has some question marks and we need major improvement from defense, lopez rebounding and defense and humphries defense is key as well as guys improvement individually

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Irvine, California
    Posts
    13,159
    vCash
    1500
    You see? Again this is why you don't say "OMG BILLY KING YOU SUCK WHY ARE YOU JUST SITTING ON YOUR HANDS IF WE DON'T GET DWIGHT IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    3,078
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee2327 View Post
    thats kind of lame if deron would of left if we stayed in jersey, the timing of brooklyn 2012 was perfect as well . starting lineup is solid , bench has some question marks and we need major improvement from defense, lopez rebounding and defense and humphries defense is key as well as guys improvement individually
    The timing would have been well for the Brooklyn move in 2010 as well. Guarantee LeBron would have been a Net!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    vCash
    1500
    lebron was not coming here to brooklyn , he saw his pals wade and bosh form a solid team and joined to be a title team

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Irvine, California
    Posts
    13,159
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee2327 View Post
    lebron was not coming here to brooklyn , he saw his pals wade and bosh form a solid team and joined to be a title team
    The reason LeBron never had a chance to come to Brooklyn was because he saw Wade and Bosh team up? Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Bosh the 3rd wheel?

    LeBron entertained the idea of Brooklyn because he said it's his favorite borough in his favorite city and Jay Z is like his role model.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    vCash
    1500
    lebron was never picking nets over a wade and bosh combo, thats bottom line,

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    12
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    The reason LeBron never had a chance to come to Brooklyn was because he saw Wade and Bosh team up? Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Bosh the 3rd wheel?
    I think you actually are wrong here dude haha. Bosh and Wade announced that they were both signing with Miami in interviews on ESPN. LeBron soon there after announced on "The Decision" that he would be joining them in South Beach. If I had a choice between Brooklyn with no support or Miami with Bosh and Wade, I would have done the same thing LeBron did. Just like all his haters would have done.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,361
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YanksJetsNets View Post
    I think you actually are wrong here dude haha. Bosh and Wade announced that they were both signing with Miami in interviews on ESPN. LeBron soon there after announced on "The Decision" that he would be joining them in South Beach. If I had a choice between Brooklyn with no support or Miami with Bosh and Wade, I would have done the same thing LeBron did. Just like all his haters would have done.
    Call me stupid, but I believe a certain number 23 would have done otherwise.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    12
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    Call me stupid, but I believe a certain number 23 would have done otherwise.
    And how many number 23s have there ever been? Oh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •