Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    That isn't awful for phaneuf. But i agree, if that is the proposed deal to ANA Shero needs to give a lot more, maybe lowballing so the price comes down slightly and he won't have to give up as much.

vCash
    We really do need a D like Phaneuf. It all depends on what Toronto want to do, if they want prospects, we could do that. But if they want roster players, we can't

vCash
    Phaneuf has a great shot. He is a huge hitter but almost everyone of his hits takes him way out of the play and puts him out of position leading to a odd man break or scoring chance for the other team. Big hitter? yes. defensive d man? no way, great up side on offense yes thanks only to his huge shot from point and we dont nee any more shooters malkin and neal were 1 and 2 in the league last year. Scoring is not our problem defensive coverage, positioning, clearing rebounds from the front of our net are.

A big hitter in the nhl doesnt make you a good d man. Hitting is about timing and positioning.

Would love bobby ryan but the ducks askiing price is a proven top two line nhl center an top pick and a high prospect. So if you can convince them tk is a top two line nhl center. Which while I am a huge tk fan he is at most a good solid nhl player who does alot of things good not great and is great on our team I dont believe he is an not an 82 game 2nd line center. The ducks are also not looking for d prospects they have alot of those. This does not mean they would not take one in trade but they want a forward and according to the rumors they are night high on bennett.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    here is an example of a rumored deal the ducks turned down from the sabres derek roy, tyler myers, and a 1st for ryan and a third this was just rumored and was before roy was dealt to stars
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    Phaneuf has a great shot. He is a huge hitter but almost everyone of his hits takes him way out of the play and puts him out of position leading to a odd man break or scoring chance for the other team. Big hitter? yes. defensive d man? no way, great up side on offense yes thanks only to his huge shot from point and we dont nee any more shooters malkin and neal were 1 and 2 in the league last year. Scoring is not our problem defensive coverage, positioning, clearing rebounds from the front of our net are.

A big hitter in the nhl doesnt make you a good d man. Hitting is about timing and positioning.

Would love bobby ryan but the ducks askiing price is a proven top two line nhl center an top pick and a high prospect. So if you can convince them tk is a top two line nhl center. Which while I am a huge tk fan he is at most a good solid nhl player who does alot of things good not great and is great on our team I dont believe he is an not an 82 game 2nd line center. The ducks are also not looking for d prospects they have alot of those. This does not mean they would not take one in trade but they want a forward and according to the rumors they are night high on bennett.
    Do you mean not high on Bennett? But anyway, that is why he would be good along Letang. That is exactly what Orpik does, yet no one complains about him. We may have 2 top shooters, but we don't have a Gonchar on our team. That isn't an insult at Letang, but he is no Gonchar. Let Phaneuf QB the PP and put Letang on the left half boards. And since he is so fast, he could get back if needed. Phaneuf is a player like Orpik that has a shot like Gonchar. He would be fantastic here. And he is only 27.

vCash
    here is an example of a rumored deal the ducks turned down from the sabres derek roy, tyler myers, and a 1st for ryan and a third this was just rumored and was before roy was dealt to stars
    I think we should tell Murray to screw himself and look for a more appropriate option. Ugh, it isn't like anything is going to happen anytime soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pens18-71-14 View Post
    Do you mean not high on Bennett? But anyway, that is why he would be good along Letang. That is exactly what Orpik does, yet no one complains about him. We may have 2 top shooters, but we don't have a Gonchar on our team. That isn't an insult at Letang, but he is no Gonchar. Let Phaneuf QB the PP and put Letang on the left half boards. And since he is so fast, he could get back if needed. Phaneuf is a player like Orpik that has a shot like Gonchar. He would be fantastic here. And he is only 27.
    yes sorry meant not that high my bad. and no one is complaing because we dont have to give up top pick and prospect for orpik like we would for Phaneuf. in todays nhl with the way teams block shots accuracy is way more important than power on shot from point. I wouldnt be against Phaneuf totally but not the answer we need for the price he would cost. i really dont think another offense first player is what we really need. we need defensive coverage and responseability in our end.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pens18-71-14 View Post
    I think we should tell Murray to screw himself and look for a more appropriate option. Ugh, it isn't like anything is going to happen anytime soon.
    would love ryan but not at the asking price and ya alot of stuff seems to be dead right now until labor situation gets resolved
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Well keep in mind Derek Roy needed shoulder surgery and is out until November. That along with the fact he is coming off a sub par season surely wouldn't appeal to the Ducks.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Well keep in mind Derek Roy needed shoulder surgery and is out until November. That along with the fact he is coming off a sub par season surely wouldn't appeal to the Ducks.
    yes he blew bad last year and indeed out until november but it is still alot to turn down for a player that wants out so bad myers and what was what a top 10 pick is still a hall and if roy comes back and tears it up again it is a steal for ducks
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    It sounds like that we aren't going to move Martin at all, which isn't bad. I think he could do well along Orpik, but then again, there might not even be a season. A more likely scenario is trading a D prospect and Tangradi for a winger or just signing someone in free agency.

vCash
    I'm worried about this season not happening

vCash
    Just a few pieces of info for everyone:

A. Pens will not trade Dumoulin. They look at his as the next Orpik (which surprises me, I didn't think he was that physical)
    B. Most likely D prospect to be traded is Pouliot, high risk-high reward player, they may want to cash in while he is at his height. He is most likely to be a bust.
    C. Least likely D prospect to be traded is Maatta. He really could be the corner stone of our D for many years. They view him as getting to a Weber skill level. He will have the defensive ability and more of Weber, but probably not as much offense. He was an absolute steal at 22.
    D. Harrington is another safe player, Pens staff really like him for some reason. He did thrive on a pair with Maatta last year, and will reunite next year on the Knights.
    E. Bennett is going no where in any trade. So kill any Bennett for Ryan trade ideas

vCash
    yes he blew bad last year and indeed out until november but it is still alot to turn down for a player that wants out so bad myers and what was what a top 10 pick is still a hall and if roy comes back and tears it up again it is a steal for ducks
    Yea I'm not saying it was a bad offer, I'm just saying Roy could of easily scared them away from that deal. Personally I am surprised that they would reject that deal so I think there is a good chance that proposal was never made.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Yea I'm not saying it was a bad offer, I'm just saying Roy could of easily scared them away from that deal. Personally I am surprised that they would reject that deal so I think there is a good chance that proposal was never made.
    Ya thats the rumor I read and it was from an ok sight but hey there are a thousand rumors a day. I also find it hard to believe they said no
    crap whats is my name

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast