Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionPenguin24 View Post
    Lets just settle things down right now about trading Letang. We are not trading Letang. Not at least while he is under contract for the next 2 years. Over the last 2 years Letang has developed into a top 5 defenseman in the league. He has gotten great in the defensive zone and he was always great offensively but now he doesnt take nearly as many chances as he did before. a couple of years ago most might have considered a winger. I am not trading Letang period right now.
    Also Pens 18-71-14 what made you change your mind about giving Tangradi a chance with Crosby. I believe it was you who was beating me down for the thought about giving Tangradi a chance with crosby? Like I have said when we got him as a throw in with Kunitz he is going to be the gritty winger that can play with Crosby. I was hoping by this time we would have a scoring winger to play with crosby and for Tangradi to develop a little quicker than he has but he will when he gets top 2 line minutes
    I cant believe people want Jaybo. He is so soft and players around the league know it. There was one player who was interviewed and he said he couldnt wait to play against Jaybo cause he is so soft and all the player had to do was make one move and he would be completely by Jaybo and he would be out of position. Jaybo would get killed in the East. I know he played in Florida early in his career but who heard about him in Florida back then? no one.
    If the rumors are true about us being interested in B.Morrow from Dallas that would be such an amazing pick up. Screw Doan. I would way rather take Morrow.
    I did like the idea of Tangradi playing along Crosby all along. However, I would much rather him start out on the 3rd line and work his way up by, I don't know, scoring a goal or 2. Believe it or not, he has not scored a goal in his whole career. I don't want to give him the privileged of playing along Crosby, he has not earned it. If he would score 3 goals in like 8 games at the start of next year, put him along Crosby. I'd much rather go with TK, who has scored 20 goals before, for Sid's wing at the start of next season. Rest I agree on. I would be okay with trading Letang in 2 years when his deal is up and the prospects are ready, but not now.
    Last edited by pens18-71-14; 08-15-2012 at 12:32 AM.

vCash
    I just dont see TK being a top 2 line scoring winger. I believe he was tried out as a top 2 line winger early 2 seasons ago and he didnt produce like a top 2 line winger should. I think TK is a 3rd line winger and MAYBE a 2nd line winger periodically. We need an everyday top 2 line winger who is known to be a scorer and can play with Malkin or Crosby and not feel out of place. I forget who said that TK mostly shoots the puck in the belly of a goalie. Wow that was 100% right. He isnt a sniper. The winger we get needs to be a sniper.

vCash
    I just dont see TK being a top 2 line scoring winger. I believe he was tried out as a top 2 line winger early 2 seasons ago and he didnt produce like a top 2 line winger should. I think TK is a 3rd line winger and MAYBE a 2nd line winger periodically. We need an everyday top 2 line winger who is known to be a scorer and can play with Malkin or Crosby and not feel out of place. I forget who said that TK mostly shoots the puck in the belly of a goalie. Wow that was 100% right. He isnt a sniper. The winger we get needs to be a sniper.
    Easier said then done. Not many young snipers are available right now.

vCash
    And just for a hypothetical situation, what would it take to get Phaneuf? I think it would take Morrow+1st+others, but idk

vCash
    NO! I am not giving up Morrow and a first for Phaneuf. Was it not Phaneuf that was rated the most over rated player in the NHL by the players? No thanks im not giving up young talent for an over rated player.

I know there arent many young snipers available right now but with the abundance of young talented dmen we have we should be able to get a young potential sniper from a team who has some extra snipers on their team but are shy in the young defensive department. Example Anaheim to be one of them.

vCash
    NO! I am not giving up Morrow and a first for Phaneuf. Was it not Phaneuf that was rated the most over rated player in the NHL by the players? No thanks im not giving up young talent for an over rated player.

I know there arent many young snipers available right now but with the abundance of young talented dmen we have we should be able to get a young potential sniper from a team who has some extra snipers on their team but are shy in the young defensive department. Example Anaheim to be one of them.
    I don't care if he is voted as the most overrated NHL player, he is still good. He has a really hard shot, he destroys people, and is sound defensively. He would be the perfect complement to Letang. He is a player like Weber, but a little worse. We don't need another all-star in the back end, we just need a number 2 D, which is what Phaneuf is. I know him salary is hefty for the next 2 years, but his deal ends in the same year that Malkin's and Letang's ends, so there wouldn't be an issue in resigning Malkin and Letang. The reason that we could afford to give up Morrow, or any of our D prospects, is because we have so many of them. Phaneuf is still only 27, and when his deal ends in 2 years, he would come either cheaper or the same. Would you rather have Martin or Phaneuf as the number 2 D? If we were to get Phaneuf, that would let us have a shut-down pair or Martin-Orpik, or better yet, trade Martin for a winger. Then have the pair of Orpik-Despres. It is a win-win situation for us. For them, it gives them another D prospect to join Gardiner and Rielly to build their D around.

vCash
    Any rumors on anything we may actually do

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    Any rumors on anything we may actually do
    Just posted, I've not read it yet. I just got home, it is about Bobby Ryan.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...obby-Ryan.html

vCash
    I am starting to think that the impending lockout is slowing things down in a big way around the league. Particularly here in Pittsburgh. Which makes me wonder, if owners really are that scared of making a move for a big contract why the Semin deal and the Doan love affair. 7 mill for 1 year where the league is afraid it might be cut extremely short? Doan getting ten million for a season that could potentially be half the length? Starts to seem ridiculous and I start to become satisfied with the Pens not wasting the money. The NHL in my opinion can't afford the lockout again. Plain and simple. People got pissed off when they missed a season and we should be pissed. NHL lost a lot of popularity because people didn't want to deal with their antics. Now that the game is at the peak of its popularity, both sides should realize any hockey time missed, is an incredible mistake.

As for the rumors being tossed around. I would be angry as hell if we traded Morrow plus a first for Jaybo or Phaneuf. They are literally jokes around the league. We think Paul Martin is bad, but I think he holds a better standing than those guys. If you want a player to absolutely hate for a decade, do one of those trades and watch Morrow and whoever they pick in the first round turn into stars while we hate the guy we pay 6-7 mill, not sure on their exact wages and don't care enough to look them up. and we give up a ton of talent. No thanks!!

The only way I trade a 1st if I am the Pens is part of a package for a player like Bobby Ryan. Or a legitimate star in the league. Morrow from Dallas for the right deal would do wonders for this team as well I think, but I wouldn't even give up a first for him. I'd package players. I don't like the idea of TK or Tangredi on the top two lines, but I wouldn't mind either of them on the third. Maybe trade Cookie, TK, and a second tier prospect for Morrow? I don't know. I do know the Pens will get at least 1 more legitimate NHL player before the season starts. I don't know who or how, I just think they have to.

vCash
    If you want my opinion. I say we trade TK, he can and will do well as the second line center they desire. Maybe they want a possible 1st line guy to play second line, but you won't get that. Duper, I love him, but let's face it, his value is at its highest point right now and he doesn't have a long-term future here in my opinion. I think we would let him walk when his contract ends anyway. And, here is where it depends on Anaheim. If they want Beau Bennett, they can have him since it means we would get Bobby. They signed 3? veterans on D so I don't think they will take Martin or someone like that. But, if they would rather a first in place of Bennett, then that would be fine as well. In the end. I think a fair proposal would be

TK, Duper, Beau Bennett/1st, a 3rd rounder, and a second tier prospect. I think that is extremely fair, especially since he wants to leave anyway. I think if Shero offered this the Ducks would take it in a heartbeat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AllSports4387 View Post
    I am starting to think that the impending lockout is slowing things down in a big way around the league. Particularly here in Pittsburgh. Which makes me wonder, if owners really are that scared of making a move for a big contract why the Semin deal and the Doan love affair. 7 mill for 1 year where the league is afraid it might be cut extremely short? Doan getting ten million for a season that could potentially be half the length? Starts to seem ridiculous and I start to become satisfied with the Pens not wasting the money. The NHL in my opinion can't afford the lockout again. Plain and simple. People got pissed off when they missed a season and we should be pissed. NHL lost a lot of popularity because people didn't want to deal with their antics. Now that the game is at the peak of its popularity, both sides should realize any hockey time missed, is an incredible mistake.

As for the rumors being tossed around. I would be angry as hell if we traded Morrow plus a first for Jaybo or Phaneuf. They are literally jokes around the league. We think Paul Martin is bad, but I think he holds a better standing than those guys. If you want a player to absolutely hate for a decade, do one of those trades and watch Morrow and whoever they pick in the first round turn into stars while we hate the guy we pay 6-7 mill, not sure on their exact wages and don't care enough to look them up. and we give up a ton of talent. No thanks!!

The only way I trade a 1st if I am the Pens is part of a package for a player like Bobby Ryan. Or a legitimate star in the league. Morrow from Dallas for the right deal would do wonders for this team as well I think, but I wouldn't even give up a first for him. I'd package players. I don't like the idea of TK or Tangredi on the top two lines, but I wouldn't mind either of them on the third. Maybe trade Cookie, TK, and a second tier prospect for Morrow? I don't know. I do know the Pens will get at least 1 more legitimate NHL player before the season starts. I don't know who or how, I just think they have to.
    About Phaneuf, he brings something to the table that no other Pens D has: edge. Yeah, Orpik used to have it, but he is old now, and he isn't as effective now. Engelland sucks, plain and simple. Letang, Despres and Martin have no grit at all. Phaneuf is a train, he destroys people. Not to mention that he managed 44 points last year on the Leafs, and that is about how much he gets all seasons. So, you are saying a shutdown D that can hit hard and can pitch in some offense isn't worth our time?

Example A: Hitting-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc3ij0TSqAc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sdDZunmjZ8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw94dScftnU (includes a fight for laughs)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iql-lyihBkM (another fight as well)

Example B: Scoring-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCNowUuAWfY (absolute snipe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oNmiUA7_Og
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K0oL_sZxfk (broke goal cam as well)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3Nnfau9vvs

Tell me why any of that was bad? Seriously. He brings exactly what we need. Orpik hitting, Gonchar shot. And on the other thing, it seems like nothing will happen until the new CBA, which should come shortly. Defense is more important to us right now than getting a winger. We will still score goals because of Crosby and Malkin.

vCash
    I understand that he is a good NHL defensemen. I am just saying anything close to Morrow plus a first for him is too much for how catastrophically bad he could potentially be here.

vCash
    Anything involving Morrow and a 1st better net us an elite defender in my opinion. Dion doesn't fall into an elite category for me by a long shot.
    We need a guy like Coburn. I hate the Flyers but I like what he does.

vCash
    If you want my opinion. I say we trade TK, he can and will do well as the second line center they desire. Maybe they want a possible 1st line guy to play second line, but you won't get that. Duper, I love him, but let's face it, his value is at its highest point right now and he doesn't have a long-term future here in my opinion. I think we would let him walk when his contract ends anyway. And, here is where it depends on Anaheim. If they want Beau Bennett, they can have him since it means we would get Bobby. They signed 3? veterans on D so I don't think they will take Martin or someone like that. But, if they would rather a first in place of Bennett, then that would be fine as well. In the end. I think a fair proposal would be

TK, Duper, Beau Bennett/1st, a 3rd rounder, and a second tier prospect. I think that is extremely fair, especially since he wants to leave anyway. I think if Shero offered this the Ducks would take it in a heartbeat.
    The deal I heard was:

Kennedy (natural center), Tangradi, Jeffery, Dumoulin and/or Strait

I don't think that is enough, and in my opinion, that is laughable at best.

vCash
    Anything involving Morrow and a 1st better net us an elite defender in my opinion. Dion doesn't fall into an elite category for me by a long shot.
    We need a guy like Coburn. I hate the Flyers but I like what he does.
    Phaneuf is 50X better than Coburn. He is the definition of a player that needs a change of scenery. Realistically, I think the deal would be Dumoulin and a 1st (which I got from a Leafs fan), which would be even better IMO.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast