Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 310
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Southeastern OH
    Posts
    449
    vCash
    1500
    We need to move on from Doan. I can't believe we still haven't made a move for a player. The season isn't that far away now.
    (Hopefully)

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    54,276
    vCash
    1500
    We have to make a move we have gotten worse or stayed the same as last year






  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    171
    vCash
    1500
    I think we need to stick it to Doan and withdraw our offer. He isn't worth the 6+ weeks and 6+ million that he is demanding. The Pens should withdraw their offer, and other teams should too. He is going to resign in Phoenix, so why even bother? I really want to trade for Stewart, then sign Kostitsyn and then trade TK for a D. Maybe trade Lovejoy, Harrington and a 3rd for Stewart, then trade Kennedy for Leopold or Sekera.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    54,276
    vCash
    1500
    Withdrawing the offer doesn't mean much when we know he won't sign






  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Home and college dorm
    Posts
    701
    vCash
    1500
    I heard Pittsburgh is in the mix for Bouwmeester. He isn't getting dealt until after the CBA is signed tho. Maybe a package deal for Bo and Iginla? That would be pretty epic if we got them in a package if not, one can dream

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    54,276
    vCash
    1500
    It would cost a lot






  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    171
    vCash
    1500
    It sounds as if Doan is either going to the Coyotes or Canucks. I just hope that he has told the Pens this already, instead of wasting more time, they could look elsewhere. Oh yeah, we aren't getting JayBo. We could have drafted him in 2003, but we picked Fleury over him. JayBo is just a worse and more expensive version of Letang. I think we should make a move for Volchenkov, but I doubt he is available. Who knows, maybe Morrow will be ready next year and will slip into the top-4. I would not be surprised if we would trade Niskanen at the deadline next year, especially if Morrow is NHL ready. Maybe trade Niskanen for Stewart?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    171
    vCash
    1500
    We won't be getting Ryan. They want Letang back. No chance. I would like to see the Pens try to include Niskanen in a deal for Ryan, but that won't happen.

    And I just had an amazing highdea. Why don't we go after Dion Phaneuf on the Leafs? He would be the perfect number 2 D along Letang, and he has a cannon on the point. Let him QB the power play? I would be willing to trade Despres to get him, he is better than what Despres will become.

    And one final idea, why don't we just make a trade TK+other for Stewart? Let Tangradi play full-time on the 3rd line, and put Stewart along Crosby.

    Stewart-Crosby-Dupuis
    Neal-Malkin-Kunitz
    Cooke-Sutter-Tangradi
    Glass-Vitale-Adams

    Martin-Letang
    Despres-Orpik
    Niskanen-Engelland

    Seems pretty solid. Despres and Martin are switchable. Either with Orpik would be solid.
    Last edited by pens18-71-14; 08-13-2012 at 12:46 PM.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    54,276
    vCash
    1500
    Good ideas but I doubt they would actually happen like that






  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    171
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    Good ideas but I doubt they would actually happen like that
    The Phaneuf one was just a dream, but the TK for Stewart idea is quite possible. Let Tangradi play full-time, TK finally gets 2nd line time that he deserves, and we get another winger for Sid. Everyone is happy.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Home and college dorm
    Posts
    701
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by pens18-71-14 View Post
    It sounds as if Doan is either going to the Coyotes or Canucks. I just hope that he has told the Pens this already, instead of wasting more time, they could look elsewhere. Oh yeah, we aren't getting JayBo. We could have drafted him in 2003, but we picked Fleury over him. JayBo is just a worse and more expensive version of Letang. I think we should make a move for Volchenkov, but I doubt he is available. Who knows, maybe Morrow will be ready next year and will slip into the top-4. I would not be surprised if we would trade Niskanen at the deadline next year, especially if Morrow is NHL ready. Maybe trade Niskanen for Stewart?
    I don't quite understand your logic about the 2003 draft pick. We needed a goalie more than anything back then our defense was pretty strong which was lead by Dick Tarnstrom. Hedburg, and Aubin couldn't get the job done which is why we drafted Fleury. We felt like a goalie would help us in the long run which it did. Which is the reason we didn't take Jaybo. Reports that Randy Sexton our scout has been pushing internally for us to make a move for him. Sexton was the Assistant GM for Flordia when Jaybo was ranked as one of the top Defenseman in the league. I believe if we added him and placed him next to Letang it would boost our Defense. This would also mean that Martin would be on the move to cut cap space.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    171
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbowflex1223 View Post
    I don't quite understand your logic about the 2003 draft pick. We needed a goalie more than anything back then our defense was pretty strong which was lead by Dick Tarnstrom. Hedburg, and Aubin couldn't get the job done which is why we drafted Fleury. We felt like a goalie would help us in the long run which it did. Which is the reason we didn't take Jaybo. Reports that Randy Sexton our scout has been pushing internally for us to make a move for him. Sexton was the Assistant GM for Flordia when Jaybo was ranked as one of the top Defenseman in the league. I believe if we added him and placed him next to Letang it would boost our Defense. This would also mean that Martin would be on the move to cut cap space.
    They would not take Martin though. If we would trade Martin for a winger *cough cough* Stewart *cough cough* I would be fine with that. The good thing is that JayBo's deal ends the same year that Letang and Malkin's does. Resign both Tanger and Malkin first, then if we have the space, sign JayBo. I bet that Letang will get about 6.5 million per, Malkin would take the same, and JayBo would get about 5.5-6 million (or he should). What would it take to get Bouwmeester though? He would be a good number 2, and he is still young, believe it or not. That would be a solid top-pair, or we could even split him and Letang up and have a killer 1-2 punch. We would trade Morrow or Pouliot if we had any intentions in signing him long-term, probably Morrow. The deal I heard was offered for JayBo was along the lines of Ericsson, Filpula and a prospect for JayBo. So ours would probably have to be along the lines of Kennedy, Morrow, and a 1st for JayBo, maybe more.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Home and college dorm
    Posts
    701
    vCash
    1500
    typically you look at a player who was traded once before and ask yourself did he get better since the last trade? In Jaybo's case no. Then is there a lot of people fighting for him? Yes so his value would go up. So it would probably take roughly a prospect and a pick or a pick and a player to acquire Jaybo.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Home and college dorm
    Posts
    701
    vCash
    1500
    I believe Jaybo's production will blow up if he joins Penguins. Think about it, he would have motivation playing for a playoff contender. Something he has yet to do his whole career. Which may help us sign him cheaper. If we let him walk or trade his rights away when his contract is up in favor of our prospects that still helps our team out for the immediate time being as well as the future

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    171
    vCash
    1500
    I'd be willing to part with Morrow in a deal for JayBo. I assume that we would have intentions of keeping him here long-term if we would trade for him. The wings offered a good deal for him (Filpulla, some overpaid D and a prospect) so I think we would have to beat that. Morrow has a high trade value, so maybe throw in a 2nd or 3rd liner and a pick and it could work. Maybe we could throw in Martin lol. Maybe Martin, TK and Morrow for JayBo. That would be paying a lot, but I think it would be worth it. What was he traded for in the past, when he moved from Florida to Calgary? I just looked, it was Leopold and a 3rd, but that was only for his rights. I think Morrow, TK and Martin could get it done, but I'd rather trade Martin for Stewart and trade others for JayBo.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •