Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Do you think not only will we amnesty clause Martin, but do you think we will sign someone who gets released as a amnesty clause player from another team? Possibly sign someone cheap. I heard Malone I mean think about it sign him for 2-3 million for a year or two that could be a good sign. Or even a defensive player. I heard flyers might release pronger that could be a huge boost to our defense when he comes back. He could also add leadership to the team.

vCash
    Heatley, Komisarek, and Frolik are also intriguing options

vCash
    Not going to happen with Pronger. I'd much rather trade Martin for a young winger (like Stewart) then take someone like Frolik or Heatley.

vCash
    Amnesty can't happen till after this year.

vCash
    No, the amnesty clause can happen this season or next. "Each team is allowed two amnesty players to be released without penalty within the first two years of the agreement. These players will still be paid the full amount of their contracts in which they previously signed before this agreement was reached; however this money will not count towards the total cap money of that team." Meaning one player is allowed to be released this season as well as one before next season in order to help teams which are close to the cap limit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbowflex1223 View Post
    No, the amnesty clause can happen this season or next. "Each team is allowed two amnesty players to be released without penalty within the first two years of the agreement. These players will still be paid the full amount of their contracts in which they previously signed before this agreement was reached; however this money will not count towards the total cap money of that team." Meaning one player is allowed to be released this season as well as one before next season in order to help teams which are close to the cap limit.
    Your facts are correct but with the wrong years. It's 2 total, either before the 13-14 season or before the 14-15 season. You can't do it now. Hopefully Martin will be gone for a winger before we would have to do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    Your facts are correct but with the wrong years. It's 2 total, either before the 13-14 season or before the 14-15 season. You can't do it now. Hopefully Martin will be gone for a winger before we would have to do that.
    Yup what he said we can't use it till this season ends

vCash
    I know you were talking about the amnesty clause, but, I saw Kovalev has signed with the Panthers and there are some rumors some of the older players may want to play this season. With a shortened season do you think it would be possible or even a good idea to see if Billy Guerin wanted one more go around? I think it would be great! Just one more run for him. What does everyone else think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PAorFLA:25016712
    I know you were talking about the amnesty clause, but, I saw Kovalev has signed with the Panthers and there are some rumors some of the older players may want to play this season. With a shortened season do you think it would be possible or even a good idea to see if Billy Guerin wanted one more go around? I think it would be great! Just one more run for him. What does everyone else think?
    If he can play at a high level yes

vCash
    Billy G? No, too old. And Kovalev hasn't been signed, he was invited to camp. I heard rumors that the Pens were going to invite Huselius to camp this year. Fits the mold of Sullivan very well. Then again, that was back in September, the Pens may not do that now. He's still youngish as well (only like 33), so there's the potential for him to be around for more than just a year. Let Beau develop.

Oh never mind, he retired today because of injuries. Ignore everything I just said. Maybe Kostitsyn could be an option as well? I just saw this on twitter as well:

#Pens could invite one of Dominic Moore, Matt Bradley, Brad Winchester to camp

I don't see Moore coming, his wife just died due to cancer (really sad), but any others could still happen. Would probably only be a 4th line role.
    Last edited by penguins2946; 01-08-2013 at 03:33 PM.

vCash
    Its a shame Kovalev's return two years ago wasn't as productive as everyone thought it should/could/would be, I think he could have been a solid addition to this team. His last time around, he didn't get a chance to play with either Sid or Malkin and we are still looking for a top 6 winger to play with Malkin.

I'm probably biased considering he was/is my favorite player but with it being a shorter season, and a little bit more time to develop chemistry, it's a shame we didn't give him a look

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27:25020076
    Its a shame Kovalev's return two years ago wasn't as productive as everyone thought it should/could/would be, I think he could have been a solid addition to this team. His last time around, he didn't get a chance to play with either Sid or Malkin and we are still looking for a top 6 winger to play with Malkin.

I'm probably biased considering he was/is my favorite player but with it being a shorter season, and a little bit more time to develop chemistry, it's a shame we didn't give him a look
    I like him too. third time's a charm right

vCash
    Molinari said that there is a surprise candidate to be Martin's partner in the top-4. He let people guess. He said about 30 minutes after he posted it that someone finally got the right answer, but he would release it tomorrow. I think it is Reese.

vCash
    Candidate as in that's who he was paired up for a skate or as in has heard he is the leading candidate?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    Molinari said that there is a surprise candidate to be Martin's partner in the top-4. He let people guess. He said about 30 minutes after he posted it that someone finally got the right answer, but he would release it tomorrow. I think it is Reese.
    I hope that doesn't happen

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast