Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Good hope he tears the ahl up this year

vCash
    Well I see some reporters saying the vibe they are getting is there is no expectations for there to be October games. Looks like this could be a while.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    I don't expect anything till at least new years. Are they even talking?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    Yes they met this weekend and hammered out some of the smaller non-financial stuff. From what I heard hardly any conversation was held about the biggest issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66:23792944
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    Yes they met this weekend and hammered out some of the smaller non-financial stuff. From what I heard hardly any conversation was held about the biggest issues.
    What do you mean by smaller stuff? I don't get why they aren't locked in a room till a deal is reached.
    They will comprimise in the end. The more they talk the sooner it's done. They should meet everyday.

vCash
    I'm not sure exactly what that means but I'm guessing its probably stuff like player's pensions, scheduling restrictions (ie only so many trips from one coast to another), etc. Meanwhile stuff such as % of revenue to the players, start of Unrestricted free agency, etc weren't discussed.

vCash
    I hate this lockout

vCash
    Not unexpected but regular season games through October 24th have been cancelled.

vCash
    Well looks like we might have had a break through the owners offered a 50/50 split and if the players accept soon we should be able to start on November 2nd and still get in 82 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    Well looks like we might have had a break through the owners offered a 50/50 split and if the players accept soon we should be able to start on November 2nd and still get in 82 games.
    Don't get to excited. I'm interning at Ohio State and David Steckel has been working out here over this lock out. He said the offer is only for a 50-50 split during the first year but after that the owners get a high percentage. He said this is either a sign that the owners want to start negotiating seriously or they are giving the players a take it or leave it offer and are planning to cancel the season if they don't accept the proposal. It's definitely a start but nothing to get over excited about.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    sign it dont read it

vCash
    Not overly excited just happy to be hearing something. I was beginning to think both sides forgot the other side existed.

vCash
    Well it doesn't look like the offer was very well received by the union and every offer they made was quickly shot down by the owners. Betman and the owners say for a full season to get under way games need to start by November 2nd and for that to have any chance of happening we probably need a deal in the next week or so and things aren't looking good right now.

It also appears the NHL is getting close to cancelling more games, possibly 4 weeks and Crosby says he is going to take a longer look at playing in a European league so all this posturing could mean an extended wait for us hockey fans.

vCash
    There is a rumor that the NHL is preparing to announce the cancellation of the Winter Classic and the All Star Game on Monday.
    Last edited by burgh_fan66; 10-26-2012 at 01:26 PM.

vCash
    We want hockey

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast