Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    vCash
    You are correct. I just looked it up and he only played 42 games before retiring

vCash
    @penguins: NEWS ALERT: The #Pens have returned forwards Beau Bennett and Jayson Megna to @WBSPenguins http://t.co/0tPElG1T

@penguins: D-man Brian Strait was placed on waivers and will be reassigned to WBS on Friday at 12 p.m. provided he clears waivers http://t.co/0tPElG1T

So this means Tangradi earned the Malkin line spot.

Also looks like Depres will be Letangs line mate and Borrtuzzo, lovejoy,fighting for a 3rd pairing spot with niskinin

vCash
    Was just going to post that.

I know Megna was kind of surprising everyone but I don't think he ever stood a legitimate shot at staying here.

Bennett had a "50/50" (I think they were in favor of Tangradi from the beginning) chance at being the new winger on the 2nd line but apparently wasn't viewed as ready enough. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him at some point this season though. Tangradi has to play well enough to stay up here and there is always the risk of inury. At least he can clear waivers without any problem.

I hope Strait doesn't get claimed though. He is young enough and skilled enough to make a contribution to this team or, at the very least, be a trade chip at the deadline. Not saying he has a ton of value but young, NHL ready, defensemen always net a decent return

vCash
    A guy who has been forgotten is Dustin Jeffrey. He was hurt most of last year but I still think he has the skill to contribute to the team. The only thing is, he doesn't really have a spot. He doesn't profile as a 4th liner, 3rd line center is Sutter obviously, and the first two, well, you know. I thought he should have been given a chance on Malkin's line but as of now, I guess he will be a healthy scratch

vCash
    So those moves mean they are at 23 players right. So are we going into the season with 8 defensemen?

Unless I'm missing someone that makes the roster:

Forwards: Malkin, Crosby, Sutter, Kunitz, Dupuis, Neal, Tangradi, Kennedy, Cooke, Adams, Glass, Jeffrey, Vitale
    Defenseman: Letang, Despres, Martin, Orpik, Niskanen, Bortuzzo, Engelland, Lovejoy
    Goalies: Fleury, Vokoun
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    So those moves mean they are at 23 players right. So are we going into the season with 8 defensemen?

Unless I'm missing someone that makes the roster:

Forwards: Malkin, Crosby, Sutter, Kunitz, Dupuis, Neal, Tangradi, Kennedy, Cooke, Adams, Glass, Jeffrey, Vitale
    Defenseman: Letang, Despres, Martin, Orpik, Niskanen, Bortuzzo, Engelland, Lovejoy
    Goalies: Fleury, Vokoun
    Sounds right

vCash
    Lines for this year:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
    Tangradi-Malkin-Neal
    Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
    Glass-Vitale-Adams
    Jeffery

Despres-Letang
    Orpik-Martin
    Engelland-Niskanen
    Bortuzzo-Lovejoy

vCash
    At least if Tangradi doesn't work out we have an option in Jeffrey.

Not sure what the rationale is in carrying 8 defensemen though

vCash
    I hope Despres shines through this year. Kind of upset bennett didn't get that spot. But I will see if Tangradi can prove himself. And the rationale behind the 8 defense-men is that the offense is pretty much set. The D I feel like could be more fluid. Particularly if Despres disappoints.

Despres and Tangradi are getting PHENOMENAL opportunities though. Despres will still have a second chance if he doesn't come through. Tangradi not so much. Also, based on Shero's comments, it seems like Paul Martin may be playing to try to stay on this team this season.

vCash
    Yeah, if they can't succeed playing alongside Malkin, Neal, and Letang, chances are they aren't ready

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021