Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    vCash
    Even if Tangradi doesn't have the goal touch that Bennett does, I don't think it's the worst thing in the world. Obviously it would be nice but his game is a power forward more than a sniper and if you put him alongside Malkin and Neal, I think that could create space fore them and be the physicality on the line. Think Kunitz

vCash
    Tangradi wouldn't be on that line to score, he would be on that line to park himself in front of the net so Geno and Neal could score. That's why I think Tango has this in the bag. Any O he adds is just extra.

vCash
    I have to tape the scrimmage tomorrow I work the night shift

vCash
    I agree, and believe me, I won't be upset if Tangradi is the man. But from what I have seen, it isn't fair to Kuni to compare them. Tangradi doesn't have the speed, he doesn't check like him, and effort has always been a question. So maybe they are cut out of the same shape, but those three things make those men very different in my opinion. This is spoken as an avid Kunitz fan. So I can see if you guys don't agree. I just thought this needed said.

vCash
    In all fairness, the only games I've seen Tangradi play were the ones while called up, I haven't seen any in the AHL. During his time here however, that is who he reminded me of

vCash
    I can't wait till I get off work tonight to watch the scrimmage

vCash
    I'll watch it if I'm not doing anything else but I'm certainly not holding it to the same level of a game, even against a team like Winnipeg or the Blue Jackets. It'll be interesting to watch the Tangradi and Bennett with Malkin and Neal, as well as the PP units but I don't think it will be that exciting tbh

vCash
    First rosters make me believe that maybe Despres and/or Morrow are playing for a spot on Tanger's line though. Martin, Orpik, Niskanen and Engelland are all on the other team to start. Kind of exciting to see what happens with this last open D-spot and then how successful all of the pairings end up!! This is very surprising to me, as I assumed that Letang's partner would be one of the usual four.
    Last edited by AllSports4387; 01-16-2013 at 05:09 PM.

vCash
    1st period recap:

1. Bennett, Tangradi and Despres have looked great.
    2. Martin has been very good defensively along Orpik and just had a CANNON of a shot.
    3. Fleury let in 2 softies, while Vokoun didn't have a chance on his
    4. Bortuzzo has been iffy and took a bad penalty
    5. Orpik absolutely murdered Peters
    6. Bennett keeps rotating on the Pens top-2 lines. Bennett has been with both Neal and Malkin and Kunitz and Crosby. IMO, he looked better along Sid.

vCash
    I think Bennett has outplayed Tangradi. He just seems slow to me. I have seen him win a couple battles on the boards but he isn't clearing that much space. Bennett's touch is superb and being a pass first forward he will thrive in Assists with either in my opinion. Possible 20 goal,40 assists guy next season in my opinion. Maybe more, that is just me trying to keep it as optimistic and realistic at once as I can.

vCash
    18000 fans for a scrimmage

vCash
    Pics of the waiting line were ridiculous. So many fans showed up, they had to get placed in the luxury suites. Lucky them.

Anyway, I watched about half the game and was pleasantly surprised at the level of entertainment. I didn't think guys (Orpik) would be going all out considering it was only a practice/scrimmage

vCash
    I had no doubt Pens fans would come out I think lockouts make us appreciate hockey more rather than turn us away from it. Last time the lockout sort of solved (not hurt) our attendance problem even though the team was flat out horrible. Now the team is actually good so I would hope the fans would still come.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    I agree. I don't really think lockouts hurt attendance. People who like hockey are going to come back and those that didn't before the lockout, weren't going to start watching regardless of how long it lasted. We did have some serious attendance issues though. You know when Ziggy Palffy is one of your main draws, that you have problems

vCash
    Right on Ziggy. My memory might be betraying me here but didn't he retire shortly after the firs post lockout season started?
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast