Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    vCash
    this is getting real old get it done you greedy bastards on both sides
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Well not much news going on. It sound like the owners and players are getting closer on a decision of how to split the revenue but it now sounds as if the owners are takin a hard stand on the lesser issues such as contract legnths. Right now I'm starting to think we may not get a season after all.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    I've been pretty much convinced that there won't be a season since they eliminated the 82 game season.

vCash
    Games through December 30th have now been cancelled. Over 40% of the season is now gone. I would imagine it won't be much longer before they just scrap it altogether.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    Games through December 30th have now been cancelled. Over 40% of the season is now gone. I would imagine it won't be much longer before they just scrap it altogether.
    I had a conversation with David Steckel and he told me some stuff about whats going on with the negotiations and I asked him if he thought there would be a season and he said he thinks there will be but just not until after the new year.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I disagree talks will resume this week they said. Also I think the season will end up being 48 games. They are to close to not get it done. It will start between January 1st, and 10th

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    I disagree talks will resume this week they said. Also I think the season will end up being 48 games. They are to close to not get it done. It will start between January 1st, and 10th
    I didn't mean to imply I didn't think there would be a season just that there won't be many more cancellation of games before the season is axed. I mean they aren't going to cancel games through Januray 15th and then January 30th and then so on before they finish the season. One or at most two more rounds of cancellations and the season is gone.

I still remain hopeful we will have some semblence of a season.

vCash
    Been too long.

Anyway, would you guys rather have a 42 (I think that's what it would be) game season with a best of 7 playoffs or a 52 (don't know what it would be lol) game season with a best of 5 playoffs? There's pros and cons to both.

7 games - nothing is better than playoff hockey but with a shorter season, you risk the best teams not making the playoffs or getting the proper seeding. Essentially, the shorter amount of time means the better teams won't have as much time to rise to the top.

5 games - longer season helps to ensure the best teams finish in a position that is a better representation of their skill. However, a bad game in the playoffs could mean an early exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    Been too long.

Anyway, would you guys rather have a 42 (I think that's what it would be) game season with a best of 7 playoffs or a 52 (don't know what it would be lol) game season with a best of 5 playoffs? There's pros and cons to both.

7 games - nothing is better than playoff hockey but with a shorter season, you risk the best teams not making the playoffs or getting the proper seeding. Essentially, the shorter amount of time means the better teams won't have as much time to rise to the top.

5 games - longer season helps to ensure the best teams finish in a position that is a better representation of their skill. However, a bad game in the playoffs could mean an early exit.
    I'd prefer 7 game playoffs we are steam that would get in 100% and we don't have a ton of new parts so the chemistry should still be there mostly plus a healthy Sid all year will help

vCash
    I'm kinda worried we may lose Malkin if they do the 5 year limit he is a UFA in14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    I'm kinda worried we may lose Malkin if they do the 5 year limit he is a UFA in14
    If it helps I think the owners proposal is 5 year deals for free agents and 7 year deals for resignings. So we would be able to go two extra years. However I also think they are talking about an even distribution of the salary so no more front loading.

vCash
    If we have a season

vCash
    Games through January 14th have been cancelled. I have a feeling that is our last round of cancellations. Either they work out an agreement or the next announcement will be the cancellation of the entire season.

vCash
    Games through January 14th have been cancelled. I have a feeling that is our last round of cancellations. Either they work out an agreement or the next announcement will be the cancellation of the entire season.
    Ya I agree it seems the PA will cave though hope I'm right

vCash
    Since the lockout will probably be ending soon, I think the opening day lines will be something like:

Neal-Malkin-Kunitz
    Tangradi-Crosby-Dupuis
    Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
    Glass-Vitale-Adams

Letang-Despres
    Martin-Orpik
    Niskanen-Engelland

Doesn't look too shabby tbh. Maybe switch Martin and Despres though.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast