Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I would love to get JayBo, and if he comes cheap, I'll be happy.
    Last edited by pens18-71-14; 08-14-2012 at 02:13 PM.

vCash
    I am not really caring at this point who we acquire as long as its someone who will better our team.

vCash
    jaybo has stunk it up worse than martin has with us. no way to any trade for him overpaid. he cant spell defense let alone play it. him and letang would get destroyed against any team with big net crashing forwards (niether is known for size hitting and d zone coverage), I love letang and he is awesome and one of best young d in the nhl but jaybo sucks and not the type of player we need. those those to paired together would be a mess in our zone.

stewart is not going to happen he just resigned in st louis and they gave up alot to get him int the first place management wants to keep him he likes it there and just resigned so price would not be worth it.

what is everyones big want to trade tk. I mean come on he is by no means an allstar forward (he could make allstar team in his career just not season after season). what he is a player that does whatever is asked of him, he plays a good two way game, he fights if need be, blocks shots, back checks, checks, can take face offs, he is a good lockeroom pressance, and he never gets in trouble outside of game, he can score 40-50 points a season in right situation, he wants to be a pen he took less money to stay here last off season.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    jaybo has stunk it up worse than martin has with us. no way to any trade for him overpaid. he cant spell defense let alone play it. him and letang would get destroyed against any team with big net crashing forwards (niether is known for size hitting and d zone coverage), I love letang and he is awesome and one of best young d in the nhl but jaybo sucks and not the type of player we need. those those to paired together would be a mess in our zone.

stewart is not going to happen he just resigned in st louis and they gave up alot to get him int the first place management wants to keep him he likes it there and just resigned so price would not be worth it.

what is everyones big want to trade tk. I mean come on he is by no means an allstar forward (he could make allstar team in his career just not season after season). what he is a player that does whatever is asked of him, he plays a good two way game, he fights if need be, blocks shots, back checks, checks, can take face offs, he is a good lockeroom pressance, and he never gets in trouble outside of game, he can score 40-50 points a season in right situation, he wants to be a pen he took less money to stay here last off season.
    I would much rather have Phaneuf than Bouwmeester, but neither would be bad. Comparing JayBo and Martin isn't fair, because Calgary sucks. It is that simple. Stewart only resigned for 1 season, so that shows they aren't interested long-term. He isn't on the block, but he is available. TK is just a worse Dupuis. I'd much rather trade him where A. He finally gets the opportunity to be on a 2nd line and B. Where Tangradi gets a shot on the 3rd line.

vCash
    calgary sucks because minus there kiprosof and iginla there players suck. it is fair because martin was at least was a good nhl defense man in the right sytem. martin is better than average defesively where jaybo is maybe average and jaybo has 285 points in 717 games for a ppg average of .40 where maritn has 215 in 550 for a ppg average of.40. so offensivly pretty equal and on d not even close. jaybo is much worse on d in any system.

if tk deserves a shot on second line why not take it with the pens. he is a known quanity as compaired to an unknown who maybe doesnt like pitt doesnt play d or is a mess in locker room or is just plain a bad apple.

ok stewart signed a 1 year deal and by all reports is working on long term deal the only hold ups are is there a season next year and length of contract. he will resign long term
    Last edited by t2a2e9j12; 08-14-2012 at 07:39 PM.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    calgary sucks because minus there kiprosof and iginla there players suck. it is fair because martin was at least was a good nhl defense man in the right sytem. martin is better than average defesively where jaybo is maybe average and jaybo has 285 points in 717 games for a ppg average of .40 where maritn has 215 in 550 for a ppg average of.40. so offensivly pretty equal and on d not even close. jaybo is much worse on d in any system.

if tk deserves a shot on second line why not take it with the pens. he is a known quanity as compaired to an unknown who maybe doesnt like pitt doesnt play d or is a mess in locker room or is just plain a bad apple.

ok stewart signed a 1 year deal and by all reports is working on long term deal the only hold ups are is there a season next year and length of contract. he will resign long term
    TK shoots into the belly of goalies too often. If he would aim his shots, I'd be fine. Actually thinking about it, Crosby did do well along Cooke and Kennedy, and vice-versa, so I wouldn't mind TK getting on the 2nd line as long as Tangradi goes on the 3rd. Also, JayBo has not missed a game since before the lockout. He has missed 21 games total in his career. 8 of 9 seasons he has played in every game. We need a D that can play every day.
    Last edited by pens18-71-14; 08-14-2012 at 08:37 PM.

vCash
    i for sure want tangradi to get his shot this year maybe even some time on first line to see what he might be.

as for needing d that play every game we are deep at d and have a ton of d in minors that can come up and play for times so while getting players that play every game is great it is not a real need on defence. forward is where we need healthy players
    Last edited by t2a2e9j12; 08-14-2012 at 08:55 PM.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    i for sure want tangradi to get his shot this year maybe even some time on first line to see what he might be.

as for needing d that play every game we are deep at d and have a ton of d in minors that can come up and play for times so while getting players that play every game is great it is not a real need on defence. forward is where we need healthy players
    I wouldn't even mind Tangradi on Crosby's line. Idk, I just want us to do something. Oh yeah, it sounds like we are interested in Morrow on the Stars. Wouldn't be a bad option for a year or 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pens18-71-14 View Post
    We won't be getting Ryan. They want Letang back. No chance. I would like to see the Pens try to include Niskanen in a deal for Ryan, but that won't happen.

And I just had an amazing highdea. Why don't we go after Dion Phaneuf on the Leafs? He would be the perfect number 2 D along Letang, and he has a cannon on the point. Let him QB the power play? I would be willing to trade Despres to get him, he is better than what Despres will become.

And one final idea, why don't we just make a trade TK+other for Stewart? Let Tangradi play full-time on the 3rd line, and put Stewart along Crosby.

Stewart-Crosby-Dupuis
    Neal-Malkin-Kunitz
    Cooke-Sutter-Tangradi
    Glass-Vitale-Adams

Martin-Letang
    Despres-Orpik
    Niskanen-Engelland

Seems pretty solid. Despres and Martin are switchable. Either with Orpik would be solid.
    I'd trade Letang for Bobby Ryan.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Penguins get Bobby Ryan and Luca Sbisa. Ducks get Kris Letang.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Penguins get Bobby Ryan and Luca Sbisa. Ducks get Kris Letang.
    Right now? Not a chance. In 2 years? Hell yeah. I would want more than that back for Letang right now, I'd be fine with that return in 2 years. Now, I'd want Fowler instead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pens18-71-14 View Post
    Right now? Not a chance. In 2 years? Hell yeah. I would want more than that back for Letang right now, I'd be fine with that return in 2 years. Now, I'd want Fowler instead.
    I can't see the Ducks giving up Fowler but I'd take Ryan and Fowler for Letang in a heart beat. I'm not a huge fan of Letang.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I can't see the Ducks giving up Fowler but I'd take Ryan and Fowler for Letang in a heart beat. I'm not a huge fan of Letang.
    If we would have another D to replace him, I'd do it. But that is it. We don't. Do you want Martin to be our top D? The only way that I would be willing to trade Letang would be for a scoring winger and a top-pair D (a number 2 D). Something like Kessel and Phaneuf for Letang and another. Something along those lines, but not exactly that. I think we would have to throw in someone else good to make that happen, because Kessel is really good. Or maybe Erikkson/Benn and Dailey for Letang.

vCash
    Lets just settle things down right now about trading Letang. We are not trading Letang. Not at least while he is under contract for the next 2 years. Over the last 2 years Letang has developed into a top 5 defenseman in the league. He has gotten great in the defensive zone and he was always great offensively but now he doesnt take nearly as many chances as he did before. a couple of years ago most might have considered a winger. I am not trading Letang period right now.
    Also Pens 18-71-14 what made you change your mind about giving Tangradi a chance with Crosby. I believe it was you who was beating me down for the thought about giving Tangradi a chance with crosby? Like I have said when we got him as a throw in with Kunitz he is going to be the gritty winger that can play with Crosby. I was hoping by this time we would have a scoring winger to play with crosby and for Tangradi to develop a little quicker than he has but he will when he gets top 2 line minutes
    I cant believe people want Jaybo. He is so soft and players around the league know it. There was one player who was interviewed and he said he couldnt wait to play against Jaybo cause he is so soft and all the player had to do was make one move and he would be completely by Jaybo and he would be out of position. Jaybo would get killed in the East. I know he played in Florida early in his career but who heard about him in Florida back then? no one.
    If the rumors are true about us being interested in B.Morrow from Dallas that would be such an amazing pick up. Screw Doan. I would way rather take Morrow.

vCash
    Wow I just stood up for TK. I suggested a TK and a pick trade for Stewart, and someone replied:

"Oilers should get Malkin for Sam Gagner, Linus Omark, Josh Green, Corey Potter, and a 2nd. And then St. Louis should get James Neil for Vladimir Sobotka and a pick. Simple as can be.

Funny how those lopsided trades don’t look quite so good when your team is on the crappy end of them, huh?"

So I tore him a new one. I said:

"Wow, you must really hate TK. Kennedy plus a pick, I didn’t specify which, would be enough to get Stewart. Stewart had 30 points last year. Kennedy had 36. In 18 less games. How is TK that much worse than Stewart? I know Stewart has had a more successful career, but Kennedy isn’t there to score. He is there to grind it out. I’m not saying straight up. I’m saying him plus a pick would get us Stewart. So TK, who outscored him last year in less games, scored at a PPG pace in the playoffs, and has done that while being on the 3rd line plus a pick, any pick, isn’t worth a winger that struggled last year and scored back to back 28 goal seasons while playing on a top line? I don’t know if you just hate TK, or are just stupid. And before I wrote this, I hated TK. I loathed the idea of him on the top-2 lines. I’m starting to like that idea now."

Yes, I just convinced myself that TK on the top line with Crosby would be okay.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast