Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Penguins Offseason Discussion Part II

Pittsburgh Penguins Offseason Discussion Part II

New Faces
    ----------
    ------------------------Vokoun------------------------Sutter------------------------Glass
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    First thread was getting a little long so here is a fresh one to continue the offseason talk.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    I think the Rangers are out of the Doan race since they won’t offer more than 2 years. The Pens are offering a heavily front loaded 4 year, $24 million deal, which pays 18 million in the first 2 years. I think it is down to the Canucks and Penguins. It is hard to tell which would get him, since one would be just as good of a choice as the other.

vCash
    He needs to decide already

vCash
    Yeah, the latest I saw has it down to The Pens, The Rangers, and the Canucks. I am kind of surprised if that is true. I have kind of moved on thinking we didn't have a real shot. I won't believe anything until he officially signs though.

vCash
    Yohe said that Doan's decision is supposedly holding up other deals around the league. I wonder if that means we have a backup plan already in place.

vCash
    Any word when he will decide

vCash
    I've heard by the end of the week. Which probably means in November.

vCash
    Well we are one of the top 3 to get him. Rangers, Penguins and Canucks, which is surprising because Doan said originally he wanted to stay out West but two of the three are in the Eastern Conference. I have also read the Rangers were iffy because they might not give Doan the 4 years he wants. If it comes down to the Penguins and Canucks that should be an interesting dilemma because both have great teams but are coming off of disappointing first round exits. Hopefully he signs in Pittsburgh because I think he is the type of player we need but I won't be upset if he signs elsewhere.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I completely agree with almost every point. I think he would be a great addition. I won't be as disappointed as I was when Parise went to Minny though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Well we are one of the top 3 to get him. Rangers, Penguins and Canucks, which is surprising because Doan said originally he wanted to stay out West but two of the three are in the Eastern Conference. I have also read the Rangers were iffy because they might not give Doan the 4 years he wants. If it comes down to the Penguins and Canucks that should be an interesting dilemma because both have great teams but are coming off of disappointing first round exits. Hopefully he signs in Pittsburgh because I think he is the type of player we need but I won't be upset if he signs elsewhere.
    I am thinking that there is interest between Doan and Pittsburgh but I dont see the Pens being in the top 3 to get him. Has anyone heard if he actually came to Pittsburgh to meet with Penguins ownership group? I have heard that Doan has gone to Montreal and visited with them and according to Rotoworld.com he is visiting with Vancouver's ownership group and also according to Rotoworld Doan has been in touch with Barry Trotz for a couple months now and he says that Nashville is also on Doan's short list. I have heard nothing about Pittsburgh and Doan other than we offered him a front loaded contract. Which confuses me cause Shero doesnt like giving front loaded contracts . Also I have heard much like Ryan Suter that Doan would prefer to stay in the West. So if it were up to me I would forget about Doan and start getting some other palyers into our roster. Guys much like Doan but would be cheaper.

vCash
    Doan is resigning in Phoenix. I'm fine with that tbh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pens18-71-14 View Post
    Doan is resigning in Phoenix. I'm fine with that tbh.
    Yup it looks like the Doan saga is finally over. Hopefully now the market heats back up and the Pens can find a new winger.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Hope we make a trade now

vCash
    It sounds like that we have inquired about Stewart. Just inquired, nothing serious. It would probably take Lovejoy/Strait plus one of our top D prospects. I bet that Dumoulin won't be traded since we just got him, but idk. I think the Pens REALLY like Harrington, so I don't think the Pens will trade him. I don't want to trade either Maatta, Pouliot or Despres though. I'd be fine with trading 1 of Harrington/Dumoulin/Morrow, especially for Stewart.
    Last edited by pens18-71-14; 08-10-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast