Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 98 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 NFL Draft/2013 CFB Season Thread

The 2013 season kicks off tomorrow night. That means I can start watching draft prospects. Use this thread to talk draft, draft prospects, college football, etc. I'll kick it off with my first mock of the season.

Rd 1. CB Loucheiz Purifoy, Florida- Emery has gone for athletes and upside over technically sound players. Purifoy fits the bill as a 6-1 CB with potentially sub 4.4 speed. He could even see some snaps on offense for the Gators this season.

Rd 2. QB David Fales, San Jose St- Fales is a pure WCO passer. He has only a decent arm by NFL standards but that is ok if Trestman sticks to his WCO. I think the Bears should look to invest and early pick in a QB to develop behind Jay over the next few seasons.

Rd 3. DE Dominique Easley, Florida- Easley is another in a long line of premium athletes. He finished the season strong but needs to show improved technique to move in to Round 2 or higher.

Rd 4. TE Jon Davis, Illinois- Jon Davis is an elite talent at the TE position. He would be an excellent compliment to Bennett and weapon as a "move" TE.

Rd 5. WR Odell Beckham Jr, LSU- A speedster to stretch the field.

Rd 6. OC Russell Bodine, UNC- Bodine played very well with Cooper next him. If he plays well without Cooper he could go higher.

Rd 7. CB Darqueze Dennard, Michigan St- A talented DB who is dropped by speed concerns.

vCash
    sticky icky icky icky

thanks, bcb.

vCash

2014 NFL Draft/2013 CFB Season Thread

There's nothing about that draft I dislike. Very nicely done BCB.

vCash
    Should be a good CFB season.

First Mock:

RD 1. Bradley Roby CB OSU

4.31 40 time. Plays a lot of zone cover 2 so he would pick up our scheme quickly. Led the nation in PBUs per game. Also an above average tackler.

RD 2. Colt Lyerla TE ORE

Very good "move TE" that would be the perfect complement to Marty.

RD 3. Dominique Easley DE

^ agree with everything BCB says. He is the exact prospect that Emery looks for. He's a very dynamic athlete, but similar to Cornwash his technique will hold him back from being a 1st rounder.

RD 4. Bryn Renner QB NC

Has played in both the spread and a pro style offense and last year had almost 3,400 yards and a 66% completion percentage with 28 TDS and 7 INTs.

RD 5. Hroniss Grasu C ORE

Kyle Long's old teammate is a very good ZBS center that has a good bit of nasty to him. Paired with Long they could be a great interior combination for the next 5-8 years.

RD 6. Venric Mark WR NU

Similar prospect to Ace Sanders with more speed. Lacks height, but is extremely dynamic and complements our other WRs. Is also a good PR/KR prospect. He is one of my favorite players in this class. Tresty would have a lot of fun with him moving him around.

RD 7. Beau Allen NT/DT

Strong at the point of attack and will add depth to the Dline.
    Last edited by GeorgiaBear; 08-29-2013 at 02:10 AM.

vCash
    I'm on the colt train

Also in easlyville, but I think you have to get him the the 2nd round unless he plays like **** this year

our future

vCash
    I don't like the corners in this draft at the tip of the board if we could get a purifoy or Toby later than the first I'm intersted but I don't think they are starting rookie caliber. I would rather go at CBS in the mid rounds and work them up under pros for a year or two.

But I would take Roby over purifoy in our system at least. He has translating to multiple systems defenses with his athletism, but playing hard man coverage at Florida his career there is going to be a bit of a translation
    Last edited by mikebrez bears/; 08-29-2013 at 02:25 AM.

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    I'm on the colt train

Also in easlyville, but I think you have to get him the the 2nd round unless he plays like **** this year
    Yeah I like Lyerla a lot. I think he'll test pretty well too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    I don't like the corners in this draft at the tip of the board if we could get a purifoy or Toby later than the first I'm intersted but I don't think they are starting rookie caliber. I would rather go at CBS in the mid rounds and work them up under pros for a year or two.

But I would take Roby over purifoy in our system at least. He has translating to multiple systems defenses with his athletism, but playing hard man coverage at Florida his career there is going to be a bit of a translation
    Bias aside I think Roby has star potential. He has really good instincts. Needs to improve his hands a bit doe.

vCash
    1st- Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE, Washington
    2nd Aaron lynch DE South Florida
    3rd gabe ikhard C/G Oklahoma
    4th Bennett Jackson CB ND
    5th T.J Jones WR SLOT ND
    6th- Cornelius Lucas OT Kstate
    7th- Eric Gordon CB Tenn

our future

vCash
    Mocks in August...Gotta love it.

Take me back to the Forest

vCash
    As of right now CB or DT is looking like the smart choice for the first pick, I wouldn't mind Emery taking a look at another WR or TE either.

Take me back to the Forest

vCash
    This is Oregon's most talented team ever this year, too bad Chip isn't around to play with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Bcb is a cfb nut and will map out his top 10 at positions all year but my favorite is hell give you match ups to watch ot vs de cb vs wr etc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. It's pretty interesting to not only hear some names and look for guys to watch for, but it's fun projecting which positions you think the Bears should be drafting right now in August, compared to what positions you think we need at the end of the season. I definitely see Emery picking a QB within in the first 3 rounds next year. He's never drafted a QB with the Bears (I think) and he stated that he'd like to draft a QB in every draft if he could. That it gives you a better chance in the long run. Emery saying that to me, means that next season, he'll finally draft a QB specifically for Tresty's system, with or without Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Bcb is a cfb nut and will map out his top 10 at positions all year but my favorite is hell give you match ups to watch ot vs de cb vs wr etc
    I don't watch any college football but read up on prospects\watch videos before the draft. Without a doubt, when BCB talks (types) I listen (read).

vCash
    UNCs TE is a pretty good looking prospect.

Page 1 of 98 1231151 ... LastLast