Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Posts
    302
    vCash
    1500

    Diamondbacks off-Season plans

    I think there's a lot of things the Dbacks should do this off-season.
    They could be to good to be true, first trade ill do would be Chris Young for Bj Upton
    and I think it should be done just like last year, when the Dbacks traded For Hill
    I think both players need a change of scenery. It's the Dbacks decision because
    the rays would get a Chris Young that has some years left on his contract. I also think they
    should trade Ian Kennedy with Geraldo Parra and a spec for some one big,
    Kennedy is great and I'm sure any team would want him, but the Dbacks have to much
    pitching, next season they will have to put Tyler Skaggs and Bauer to that rotation and
    maybe Archie Bradley but I think there's no way.

    Next Season :
    Ian Kennedy
    Daniel Hudson
    Trevor Cahill
    Wade Miley
    Trevor Bauer
    Tyler Skaggs
    Patrick Corbin

    They all are starters next year no matter what and the Dbacks will have to get rid of a
    player that wants to get extended and it will be either Ian or Hudson ill rather want Hudson. Parra is the player everyone would like on there Outfield he hits good, probably
    the best Arm in the outfield and is 25. also Corbin might be part of the deal because there just isnt any room for him sadly, if they trade all those 3 they can get profar from Texas or manny from The O's those are the moves the Dbacks have the power to do.
    Last edited by Peace Walker; 08-04-2012 at 01:02 PM. Reason: sorry was in a hurry but tell me what you think

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Posts
    302
    vCash
    1500
    The Dbacks could have this lineup 2013 if they want to

    1.Bj Upton
    2. Aaron Hill
    3.Justin Upton
    4.Paul Goldschmit
    5. Jason Kubel
    6. Miguel Montero
    7.Manny Machado
    8.Chris Johnson or Ryan Wheeler
    9.Pitcher

    Rotation

    1.Daniel Hudson
    2 .Wade Miley
    3. Trevor Cahill
    4.Trevor Bauer
    5. Tyler Skaggs

    I think they would be the favorites to win the the NL.
    That's a scary roster and I haven't mention the bullpen and bench.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    18,718
    vCash
    785
    I really don't see us trading Kennedy. We don't even know what we have in Skaggs and Bauer yet. I mean Bauer has complete bust written all over him so far. I think it would be a mistake IMO. I could see us trading young though. They might even trade Upton and Drew too
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Posts
    302
    vCash
    1500
    Not at all your very mistaking, look at kershaws first season look at Timmy Lins first season. Plus Bauer was playing through a growing injury, other teams didn't hit him he just walked alot of people, because of his injury.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    18,718
    vCash
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace Walker View Post
    Not at all your very mistaking, look at kershaws first season look at Timmy Lins first season. Plus Bauer was playing through a growing injury, other teams didn't hit him he just walked alot of people, because of his injury.
    lol i doubt they would have started him those 3 or 4 games if he was injured. Dude had no command and kept shaking off Montero. Him shaking not doing what Montero wanted him to do has nothing to do with his "injury". I am not saying he IS going to be a bust BUT he hasn't shown anything to prove that he isn't either. You don't get rid of your best pitcher in hopes that Skaggs and Bauer can take over the starting spot.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    698
    vCash
    1500
    I love the trade for Uprob for young..I think bj is a free agent tho..but like I've said before Justin having his brother would do wonders for him..
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4ESkVmxCzCA/TJgFFqxdhmI/AAAAAAAAACQ/yEaxqznjzxc/s1600/anderson-silva-vs-chael-sonnen.jpg
    Diamondbacks
    Tampa Bucs
    PHX Suns
    Coyotes
    kyle MMA record 1-0

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Posts
    302
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    lol i doubt they would have started him those 3 or 4 games if he was injured. Dude had no command and kept shaking off Montero. Him shaking not doing what Montero wanted him to do has nothing to do with his "injury". I am not saying he IS going to be a bust BUT he hasn't shown anything to prove that he isn't either. You don't get rid of your best pitcher in hopes that Skaggs and Bauer can take over the starting spot.
    he has an injured groin he even said it on his twitter account, that's why he hasn't played in 2 weeks. almost no rookie starts his mlb career as a star specially pitchers. calling him a bust after 4 starts is just stupid, the only problem he had was his command and it was because his groin. Why would he be good with his command in the minors and no the BIGs, that's just stupid calling him a bust.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,654
    vCash
    1500
    yeah BJ Upton is a FA so you cant trade for him....you could sign him probably pretty affordably and still trade Young though and I could def. see him being traded, only thing that might hurt his value is that he is injury prone, but when he is on he is gets on fire. I dont think you trade Kennedy though, he is a year removed from a CY Young caliber season and you really dont know what you have in guys after Miley and Cahill. Hudson needs to prove he can bounce back from injuries and the other guys dont have any ML experience aside from Bauer's few starts and Corbin's 45 innings, so I dont think it would be wise to trade Kennedy right now....I do think you have expendable ML roster talent and surplus minor pitching talent to make a move for a big bat, but no one knows who will be available.....Then there is J-Up, me personally, I think he is essential in your lineup and I would not trade him, but there is that hinting that management will be looking to trade him this offseason. If that is the case, you would get a ton back for him, players that could fill multiple holes in your ML roster. I just think he is too vital for being able to contend though....anyway, those are my thoughts coming from the Rangers forum.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    698
    vCash
    1500
    100% agree.. I think of the dbacks do want a guy like Garza they might need to trade this like wheeler and corbin or Bauer..We would still have Archie and skaggs...Along with Para, Young, Drew being expandable
    .I think we could package some this together to make a decent move...will it be a over the top move?? Prob not our FO doesn't make those kinds of moves but we will def up grade next year
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4ESkVmxCzCA/TJgFFqxdhmI/AAAAAAAAACQ/yEaxqznjzxc/s1600/anderson-silva-vs-chael-sonnen.jpg
    Diamondbacks
    Tampa Bucs
    PHX Suns
    Coyotes
    kyle MMA record 1-0

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    18,718
    vCash
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace Walker View Post
    he has an injured groin he even said it on his twitter account, that's why he hasn't played in 2 weeks. almost no rookie starts his mlb career as a star specially pitchers. calling him a bust after 4 starts is just stupid, the only problem he had was his command and it was because his groin. Why would he be good with his command in the minors and no the BIGs, that's just stupid calling him a bust.
    OMFG dude i didn't say he IS A BUST i said he hasn't shown anything that he isn't going to be. I seriously doubt he had a groin injury when they brought him up. Maybe he injured it during his start but he was still healthy enough to pitch. Like i also said, he kept shaking off Montero and wanted to to his own thing which was down right stupid. There i put it in bold for you since you seem to like avoiding all my points. Montero is one of the best Catchers in the game and if he isn't listening to him then he is going to be in trouble. Like i also said, You don't get rid of your best pitcher in hopes that your two recently drafted pitchers will be as good or better then your current best pitcher.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,654
    vCash
    1500
    do you think you guys would trade Upton and Skaggs together for a package of Andrus, Olt, and Grimm?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Shadow Moses
    Posts
    325
    vCash
    1500
    I think it's possible the d-backs are loaded in pitching and have a great back-up outfielder in Parra that can take over right field, there going to have to get ride of a pitcher I know that hopefully not Skaggs. They need a future 3rd''Olt'' and a future shortstop''Elvis''. Now the rangers need a long-term replacement for Josh and an Ace that Skaggs could become, it wouldn't surprise me if a deal similar like that would happen this off-season.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,654
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Betsy View Post
    I think it's possible the d-backs are loaded in pitching and have a great back-up outfielder in Parra that can take over right field, there going to have to get ride of a pitcher I know that hopefully not Skaggs. They need a future 3rd''Olt'' and a future shortstop''Elvis''. Now the rangers need a long-term replacement for Josh and an Ace that Skaggs could become, it wouldn't surprise me if a deal similar like that would happen this off-season.
    it just seems like too good of a fit for that not to happen....only way I see it not happening is if by some chance the Rangers use Andrus to get either Cargo or Price, both names to which analysts have brought up the idea of either the Rangers coveting (Cargo) or they should try to trade for (Price). I think in a perfect world for the Rangers, they could use Andrus as a centerpiece for Price and Olt as a centerpiece for Upton....although with you guys trading for Chris Johnson, is 3B even a priority anymore?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Shadow Moses
    Posts
    325
    vCash
    1500
    Anything really helped at 3rd we had the worst 3rd base production in the majors, I see it as a season rental with Johnson but who knows.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,654
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Betsy View Post
    Anything really helped at 3rd we had the worst 3rd base production in the majors, I see it as a season rental with Johnson but who knows.
    well his past production doesnt really show him as an everyday player at 3B, i see hit as more of a super utility guy cause he really doesnt have the power for a corner position....Olt would def be the guy over him

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •