Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What version of Mason Crosby will we see this year?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll

1 16.67%

5 83.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    im still confused whenever i hear announcers say mason "is one of the best kickers" in the NFL. when has he ever proven to be one of the best? hes only had ONE season ever of making more than 80 percent of his attempts.....ONE!

In terms of field goal percentage over the last 5 years, this is where he has finished.

2011-10th
    2010-22nd
    2009-25th
    2008-26th
    2007-24th
    the packers have so much talent...

vCash
    and for those that say...."yea well he attempts more 50 plus field goals than anyone"....ummmmm....no he doesnt, not even close.

2011- 3
    2010- 4
    2009- 6
    2008- 6
    2007- 5
    the packers have so much talent...

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Yeah he's definitely not one of the better kickers in the league. That's asinine... but is there someone better? I mean is a 38 year old ryan longwell actually better (assuming Crosby comes out of his funk)

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    But I will put to you the question I put to Norm in the game thread, there is no doubt it is all mental but, what do you do? they are already showing that they aren't gonna give up on him, if he is smart he would just ignore 90% of the stuff that is on social media, what more can they do with him? What does everyone pool together their dough to get this guy a psychiatrist, or do we bring in another guy or have masthay take the kicks to give this guy a break to figure things out? what do you do honestly when it comes to games like this we can't afford him going 1-3 we can't always be lucky like today.
    You have to give this the pressure at times and they are doing that. Its becoming evident they are losing trust. The routine play they went for on 4 and 3 I think should be a slap in his face and hopefully wakes him up. The field goal would been presumably routine (assuming he didn't broke dick the kick). Give him more looks in practice. I know last year they had some practices where he couldn't go until he hit a certain in a row maybe bring that back. I am sure they are bringing it up to him this week.

Clearly they need to bring in competition for him going into next season. He will need to become consistent from here on out to prevent some questions around his future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    and for those that say...."yea well he attempts more 50 plus field goals than anyone"....ummmmm....no he doesnt, not even close.

2011- 3
    2010- 4
    2009- 6
    2008- 6
    2007- 5
    Before this point I think the argument was he is only missing from 50+. However, this season its not the case. He's clearly in a funk, but no doubt has the talent to turn this **** around too.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    im still confused whenever i hear announcers say mason "is one of the best kickers" in the NFL. when has he ever proven to be one of the best? hes only had ONE season ever of making more than 80 percent of his attempts.....ONE!

In terms of field goal percentage over the last 5 years, this is where he has finished.

2011-10th
    2010-22nd
    2009-25th
    2008-26th
    2007-24th
    On thing is he gets a big break since his playing environment. Secondly last season he had like a long steak which got him some good press. Announcers often base their judgement off of these type of things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12