Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    vCash
    T minus X minutes before our favorite Bulls trolls show up and start the "We should have jumped on Harden by offering *insert unrealistic deal OKC wouldn't accept*. F'ing GarPax. So long Rose in 4 years."

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    cant believe they got him for nothing.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Well not for nothing but...... Bobcats should of jumped on this... Maggette + picks gets it done.

OH right, Maggatte was traded.

Anyways... K-Mart next year people?

vCash
    Glad we didn't trade for him, we have Jimmy Butler and didn't have to trade Boozer or Deng for Harden. Plus, huge asset in Belinelli.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    cant believe they got him for nothing.
    17 ppg at 55 ts last year(i get kmarts stock has fallen but he's still quality) + highly regarded prospect and picks isnt exactly nothing,especially considering harden really wanted to leave to a team that would give him max money and make him the alpha,something thunder couldnt provide

i know i'll be the nly one on this site to say it now(more will come around as the season goes on)but that really isnt a bad haul for the thunder. considering the circumstances dont think they could have gotten any better
    Last edited by abe_froman; 10-28-2012 at 03:37 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiepie80 View Post
    Glad we didn't trade for him, we have Jimmy Butler and didn't have to trade Boozer or Deng for Harden. Plus, huge asset in Belinelli.
    yes because we have a sg replacement for them thats quality of martin and lamb

vCash
    Clearly the Rockets had a better package then we could offer but cross Harden off the list of Roses Robins

vCash
    It was those picks, aren't they also getting some future consideration.

9. 10-28-2012, 12:48 PM
    Reason
    come on, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    17 ppg at 55 ts last year(i get kmarts stock has fallen but he's still quality) + highly regarded prospect and picks isnt exactly nothing,especially considering harden really wanted to leave to a team that would give him max money and make him the alpha,something thunder couldnt provide

i know i'll be the nly one on this site to say it now(more will come around as the season goes on)but that really isnt a bad haul for the thunder. considering the circumstances dont think they could have gotten any better
    you're definitely not the only one... i was half right on this. My thoughts were that the Thunder wouldn't be able to keep all 4 of their guys (Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Harden). It was due to financial reasons. However, what happened was only partially financial. The Thunder made a good push to resign him, but evidently Harden wanted out of Oklahoma City. The "max" money is hardly a matter here imo, the biggest reason is because Harden didn't want to stay there.

I'm satisfied with this though - i doubt Martin will be able to run that 2nd unit at all once he's there. He's a solid replacement, but the Thunder just got worse when the Lakers will be better. The Thunder got a good haul, but that haul as usual is never going to be exact value when the guy you're trading doesn't want to stay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shammyguy3 View Post
    you're definitely not the only one... i was half right on this. My thoughts were that the Thunder wouldn't be able to keep all 4 of their guys (Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Harden). It was due to financial reasons. However, what happened was only partially financial. The Thunder made a good push to resign him, but evidently Harden wanted out of Oklahoma City. The "max" money is hardly a matter here imo, the biggest reason is because Harden didn't want to stay there.

I'm satisfied with this though - i doubt Martin will be able to run that 2nd unit at all once he's there. He's a solid replacement, but the Thunder just got worse when the Lakers will be better. The Thunder got a good haul, but that haul as usual is never going to be exact value when the guy you're trading doesn't want to stay.
    i agree with just wanting out of okc. think as well as the max money,he doesnt want to be a career 6th man(who would?)

as for the last part.i agree that martin wont be able to run the 2nd unit,they have to get someone for that,but think he's def getting very underrated here.he'as a year removed from his own 60% ts season(and is a career 60% ts scorer),is he harden? no..but they dont need him to be,he can be the ultimate spark off the bench scoer for them,and with the talent they have thats really all thats needed.people are acting like harden was the batman of the team,he wasnt thats durant..hell he wasnt even the robin(westbrook) and as long as they have those two the thunder will be fine

harden is a fantastic player,and has potential to get better.dont get me wrong.but his role there was limited and thus the hit they take will be as well and with the more limited a role you have,that makes it easier to replace it

its very similar to the asik situation(obviously much better player involved,but dont get hung up on the name just hear my point)its a player that was too good for the role he was going assigned to.just like asik,as good as he was was limited by playing behind noah and thus could be replaced by another center and we wouldnt die for it,harden was assigned to be a 6th man and he's more suited to be a starter and even say a robin or potential alpha dog,something that as good as he is just wasnt going to happen there and is being replaced by someone who can fill 6th man of the year(yes i'm calling it kmart will be)role just fine
    Last edited by abe_froman; 10-28-2012 at 03:30 PM.

vCash
    Agreed, i just think they got slightly worse. They got a great package though.

I was just thinking - they probably could've gotten Al Horford + Jeff Teague for James Harden though.

vCash
    Agreed, i just think they got slightly worse. They got a great package though.

I was just thinking - they probably could've gotten Al Horford + Jeff Teague for James Harden though.
    no,al horford is locked up to long term deal(harden isnt),is all star(harden isnt yet) and the cornerstone of the franchise and is successful at being it(we dont know if harden can be that yet),and is a bigman(and value skyrockets the bigger you are).people on psd would do that trade,but no gm in the league would

vCash
    Horford missed the entire season though, and the Hawks are looking to rebuild. Horford at 26 isn't as nice as Harden is at 23 (just turned 23) imo. Plus, the second Harden would've landed at ATL he would've gotten his extension.

I think the consensus on Harden is this:

a) was crazy underrated
    b) was rated just fine
    c) Finals happened, became crazy overrated
    d) was just traded, remains crazy overrated
    e) is now underrated because he's been deemed overrated for such a long time.

vCash
    Horford missed the entire season though, and the Hawks are looking to rebuild. Horford at 26 isn't as nice as Harden is at 23 (just turned 23) imo. Plus, the second Harden would've landed at ATL he would've gotten his extension.

I think the consensus on Harden is this:

a) was crazy underrated
    b) was rated just fine
    c) Finals happened, became crazy overrated
    d) was just traded, remains crazy overrated
    e) is now underrated because he's been deemed overrated for such a long time.
    Yea I'm excited to see how he does as a number 1 option.

vCash
    I hope we end up with kevin love, but 2015 is a long way. It seems like everytime we want to trade for someone the other team wants to gut our team, like memphis wanted to do for oj mayo and the rockets for courtney lee.

If we gut our team i say we do it after this season for Lamarcus Aldridge offer Noah, Deng(expiring contract) and the bobcats pick for Aldridge and Wesley Matthews.

Amnesty Boozer, hopefully gibson gets his extension and use what ever cap room we have to sign kevin martin. We will have a pretty good starting 5.

Rose/Martin/Matthews/Gibson/Aldridge

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast