Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Agreed, Monta isn't a great fit here. He's not the shooter you want next to Rose, nor can he play within the offense. He has to have it be run through him.

Would he be the worst fit out there? Nope. But he's not a guy that I'd go all in for. The closest trade that I would do would be this:

CHI ---> Deng, Hamilton
    MIL ---> Ellis, Moute
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8yg7z39

A deal where we get back another ++ defender in Moute, along with an offensive threat (both of which aren't long-term deals, Monta has an ETO after this year and Moute has three more years left on his deal) without breaking the bank (save $3M this year alone).

Rose/Hinrich/Robinson/Teague
    Ellis/Belinelli
    Moute/Butler
    Boozer/Gibson/Radmanovic
    Noah/Mohammed

with room to add another player on the vet min

vCash
    Ellis and Rose would be fun to watch, but I would hate to see Ellis in a Bulls uniform. As shammy said he's not a good fit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shammyguy3 View Post
    Sounds like blind faith to me
    No, he has an excellent track record.

Idc about that anymore, because beyond this season they won't be able to retain all of those guys. And for the record, they were actually 11th in DRtg this year. And whoa, did you just say Chris Bosh is a Hall of Famer?
    10th/11th, whatever bref has them 10th, 11th is not a bad defense especially for a team so young.

And yes Bosh will end up in the HOF

I'm sure Harden 100% wants to stay in OKC, it's not up to him though. Unless he takes a significant pay cut to stay there, which I don't see happening.
    He doesnt need to take a paycut, they can keep all four
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    nbarumors says that the bulls are in the mix for Donte Greene. I thought we couldn't add any more players because of the cap. How would this be possible?

vCash
    supposedly the bulls signed marquis teague to 100% of the rookie scale, below the 120% so there could still be room maybe for another free agent depending on who it is.

vCash
    Agreed, Monta isn't a great fit here. He's not the shooter you want next to Rose, nor can he play within the offense. He has to have it be run through him.

Would he be the worst fit out there? Nope. But he's not a guy that I'd go all in for. The closest trade that I would do would be this:

CHI ---> Deng, Hamilton
    MIL ---> Ellis, Moute
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8yg7z39

A deal where we get back another ++ defender in Moute, along with an offensive threat (both of which aren't long-term deals, Monta has an ETO after this year and Moute has three more years left on his deal) without breaking the bank (save $3M this year alone).

Rose/Hinrich/Robinson/Teague
    Ellis/Belinelli
    Moute/Butler
    Boozer/Gibson/Radmanovic
    Noah/Mohammed

with room to add another player on the vet min
    I would cry tears of joy at this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DRose01 View Post
    supposedly the bulls signed marquis teague to 100% of the rookie scale, below the 120% so there could still be room maybe for another free agent depending on who it is.
    Even with Teague at only 100% I still don't think it's possible

vCash
    we have 100k or so less than the veteran minimum but is there another tier of salary that is below that? is the base salary 850k?

vCash
    You're right Jpro... the max that Teague could've signed for was like 87% of the rookie pay scale in order for us to add another player.

vCash
    Hoops Rumors says we can't afford any more vet min players.

What about undrafted rookies or unguaranteed deals (if we cut them at that certain date) though?

vCash
    I remember some talk about the Bulls using 10 day contracts but not really sure
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    Yeah, it would have to be 10-day contracts a la Mike James from last year. I dont' think Malcolm Thomas would accept that though, he must have other offers out there for guaranteed money.

vCash
    10 day contracts can't be signed until early February.

vCash
    Well, frack. I didn't know that.

15. 08-08-2012, 09:19 AM

vCash
    Not sure what level of credibility this user has, but:

http://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/sta...20919147286528

"ICYMI: Free-agent big man Malcolm Thomas is nearing a contract agreement with a team not named the #Bulls. http://tinyurl.com/bo9k6zp"

Looks like it's just a random person who does their own blogging on the Bulls, so take it with a grain of salt.

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast