Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1001
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    25,454
    vCash
    54192
    Agreed, Monta isn't a great fit here. He's not the shooter you want next to Rose, nor can he play within the offense. He has to have it be run through him.

    Would he be the worst fit out there? Nope. But he's not a guy that I'd go all in for. The closest trade that I would do would be this:

    CHI ---> Deng, Hamilton
    MIL ---> Ellis, Moute
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8yg7z39

    A deal where we get back another ++ defender in Moute, along with an offensive threat (both of which aren't long-term deals, Monta has an ETO after this year and Moute has three more years left on his deal) without breaking the bank (save $3M this year alone).

    Rose/Hinrich/Robinson/Teague
    Ellis/Belinelli
    Moute/Butler
    Boozer/Gibson/Radmanovic
    Noah/Mohammed

    with room to add another player on the vet min

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,554
    vCash
    1500
    Ellis and Rose would be fun to watch, but I would hate to see Ellis in a Bulls uniform. As shammy said he's not a good fit.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,542
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by shammyguy3 View Post
    Sounds like blind faith to me
    No, he has an excellent track record.


    Quote Originally Posted by shammyguy3 View Post
    Idc about that anymore, because beyond this season they won't be able to retain all of those guys. And for the record, they were actually 11th in DRtg this year. And whoa, did you just say Chris Bosh is a Hall of Famer?
    10th/11th, whatever bref has them 10th, 11th is not a bad defense especially for a team so young.

    And yes Bosh will end up in the HOF

    Quote Originally Posted by shammyguy3 View Post
    I'm sure Harden 100% wants to stay in OKC, it's not up to him though. Unless he takes a significant pay cut to stay there, which I don't see happening.
    He doesnt need to take a paycut, they can keep all four
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    154
    vCash
    1500
    nbarumors says that the bulls are in the mix for Donte Greene. I thought we couldn't add any more players because of the cap. How would this be possible?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    459
    vCash
    1500
    supposedly the bulls signed marquis teague to 100% of the rookie scale, below the 120% so there could still be room maybe for another free agent depending on who it is.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,686
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by shammyguy3 View Post
    Agreed, Monta isn't a great fit here. He's not the shooter you want next to Rose, nor can he play within the offense. He has to have it be run through him.

    Would he be the worst fit out there? Nope. But he's not a guy that I'd go all in for. The closest trade that I would do would be this:

    CHI ---> Deng, Hamilton
    MIL ---> Ellis, Moute
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8yg7z39


    A deal where we get back another ++ defender in Moute, along with an offensive threat (both of which aren't long-term deals, Monta has an ETO after this year and Moute has three more years left on his deal) without breaking the bank (save $3M this year alone).

    Rose/Hinrich/Robinson/Teague
    Ellis/Belinelli
    Moute/Butler
    Boozer/Gibson/Radmanovic
    Noah/Mohammed

    with room to add another player on the vet min
    I would cry tears of joy at this.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    57,741
    vCash
    1700
    Quote Originally Posted by DRose01 View Post
    supposedly the bulls signed marquis teague to 100% of the rookie scale, below the 120% so there could still be room maybe for another free agent depending on who it is.
    Even with Teague at only 100% I still don't think it's possible

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    154
    vCash
    1500
    we have 100k or so less than the veteran minimum but is there another tier of salary that is below that? is the base salary 850k?

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    25,454
    vCash
    54192
    You're right Jpro... the max that Teague could've signed for was like 87% of the rookie pay scale in order for us to add another player.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    56,228
    vCash
    500
    Hoops Rumors says we can't afford any more vet min players.

    What about undrafted rookies or unguaranteed deals (if we cut them at that certain date) though?

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,542
    vCash
    1500
    I remember some talk about the Bulls using 10 day contracts but not really sure
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    25,454
    vCash
    54192
    Yeah, it would have to be 10-day contracts a la Mike James from last year. I dont' think Malcolm Thomas would accept that though, he must have other offers out there for guaranteed money.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    56,228
    vCash
    500
    10 day contracts can't be signed until early February.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    25,454
    vCash
    54192
    Well, frack. I didn't know that.

  15. 08-08-2012, 09:19 AM

  16. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,686
    vCash
    1500
    Not sure what level of credibility this user has, but:

    http://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/sta...20919147286528

    "ICYMI: Free-agent big man Malcolm Thomas is nearing a contract agreement with a team not named the #Bulls. http://tinyurl.com/bo9k6zp"


    Looks like it's just a random person who does their own blogging on the Bulls, so take it with a grain of salt.

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •