Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxDolphan26 View Post
    I just did a fantasy draft in Madden and the Patriots got stuck with Mark Sanchez, it's hilarious.
    that sucks

vCash
    Last two slots open if anyone is interested in playing

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

Have an opening in my Head to Head Fantasy Baseball league (dynasty). Please PM me if interested or want to see available rosters

vCash
    Hey Dolphins Fans check this out and join

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=752598

vCash
    I need more resources to back up my reasoning for certain picks for fantasy projections and legit mock drafts. Its a pretty expensive league so, Where do you guys get your info from?

For the most part I know who I want at. Eachnposition and where I want to draft them, but there are a few positions and players I'm unsure of. Need more research...

vCash
    I've just been following fantasy football and the rest of the league a lot so I know a lot of players. It also doesn't hurt to go and look at the other divisions on Espn's NFL page(i know it's espn but they know how to at least copy what the coaches and players say online).

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    It's starting to be the time of year where every name people can think of gets his own thread about how we should get him.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-PHINSfan4life View Post
    Hey Dolphins Fans check this out and join

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=752598
    Come on guys, join up. Only have like 5 people so far.

vCash
    I am doing my first ever fantasy football, i joined go dolphins league and i wasnt able to draft so i did the thing where i rank my players. I have no idea if who i got is any good lmao!

I got tanehill as my QB
    ryan mathews rb
    trent richardson rb
    damiruys thomas wr
    andre johnson wr
    gronk TE
    miles austin WR

ben rothelisberger is on my bench, so could i just swap him and tannehill out on some weeks if i need to? not sure how this work between my starters and my bench. do i swap guys based on who is playing who in real life?

also, what the hell is defense team? i got the 49ers for that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    I am doing my first ever fantasy football, i joined go dolphins league and i wasnt able to draft so i did the thing where i rank my players. I have no idea if who i got is any good lmao!

I got tanehill as my QB
    ryan mathews rb
    trent richardson rb
    damiruys thomas wr
    andre johnson wr
    gronk TE
    miles austin WR

ben rothelisberger is on my bench, so could i just swap him and tannehill out on some weeks if i need to? not sure how this work between my starters and my bench. do i swap guys based on who is playing who in real life?

also, what the hell is defense team? i got the 49ers for that
    First fantasy league? You look like the Egnew of your league. Seriously though, I like some of your team...others not so much. You can't think with your heart in fantasy. Tannehill as your starter is likely ********. Rapelisberger is your starter until proven otherwise. Trust me. Matthews is made of glass and Trent is recovering from knee surgery (and a rookie). Your three most important "breadwinners" (QB/RB1/RB2) are all suspect. Now having said that, your receiving core and TE look to be quite good. Demarius should have a breakout year with Manning, Andre is still one of the top 2 receivers in the league (as long as he and his QB are healthy), and with Laurent Robinson gone, Miles Austin is a consistent stud. And as we know, Gronk was the most productive TE in the history of the league last year (if I remember correctly). Then your "team defense" is currently considered the top defense I believe. They sack a ton, take the ball away well, and score points...which will score you points. So start Rothelisberger, pray for Trent, double-pray for Matthews, and keep a close eye on the free agency list and look for potential trade options. I don't know how big your rosters are, but I have a feeling that you'll find some upgrades early in the season if you keep an eye out. Good luck out there!
    Feeling much better after that Raider beat down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    First fantasy league? You look like the Egnew of your league. Seriously though, I like some of your team...others not so much. You can't think with your heart in fantasy. Tannehill as your starter is likely ********. Rapelisberger is your starter until proven otherwise. Trust me. Matthews is made of glass and Trent is recovering from knee surgery (and a rookie). Your three most important "breadwinners" (QB/RB1/RB2) are all suspect. Now having said that, your receiving core and TE look to be quite good. Demarius should have a breakout year with Manning, Andre is still one of the top 2 receivers in the league (as long as he and his QB are healthy), and with Laurent Robinson gone, Miles Austin is a consistent stud. And as we know, Gronk was the most productive TE in the history of the league last year (if I remember correctly). Then your "team defense" is currently considered the top defense I believe. They sack a ton, take the ball away well, and score points...which will score you points. So start Rothelisberger, pray for Trent, double-pray for Matthews, and keep a close eye on the free agency list and look for potential trade options. I don't know how big your rosters are, but I have a feeling that you'll find some upgrades early in the season if you keep an eye out. Good luck out there!
    Thx, that was a lot of great info!
    Never played before and i did the auto pick based on my rankings. since i was working this morning during the draft lol. oh well.

I didnt know the both RB's were so important, is that because they get a lot of points?

i will swap big ben with tanny.

vCash
    Never played before and i did the auto pick based on my rankings. since i was working this morning during the draft lol. oh well.

I didnt know the both RB's were so important, is that because they get a lot of points?

I like to get RB's early because they not only get quite a few points, but they get consistent points. WR's are usually up and down. That's why I'm going to kick your butt up and down in our league...

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    I like to get RB's early because they not only get quite a few points, but they get consistent points. WR's are usually up and down. That's why I'm going to kick your butt up and down in our league...
    That's like saying your going to beat the ****** in the spelling bee lol

My goal is to not come in last place

vCash

Yes, RBs are important. Like Sox said below, it's because they get consistent points. A WR may get 100 yards and a TD in one game and 15 yards on no TDs the next two. Where a good RB will consistently get you 150+ yards and a TD or two...most weeks. Your QB and your RBs will give you most of your points (most of the time). Sure you will periodically get great weeks out of WRs and TEs...but it's a coin toss week by week which will perform (and how well). But a great defense can do you a lot of good as well (depending on how scoring is setup in your league)...when you grab 20+ points from your D, it's a nice feeling. I don't think your team will be "bad"...but you will need to watch out for any upgrades that you can (especially to that Matthews pick I'm afraid).

Most people go RBs early and understandably so. But as I was saying the other day, I believe that the overall value of an every down back is beginning to slip. If you (for example) had Matthews last season; he would get you 70 yards all the way down to the goal line. May even get you 4 points for yardage. Then Tolbert would get the TD virtually every single time! So are you better off with the 100+ yards per game (at 1 point per 20 yards) and no TDs...or 5 yards and 2 TDs (at 6 points per or whatever you are set to)? I know that in my league, you take the 5 and 2 all day long. Considering most teams use 2,3, or even 4 backs now...how the hell do you know who to grab? Outside of like 5 guys, it really starts to look kinda sketchy. I've done a couple of mock drafts this week, and I was absolutely blown away with the number of RBs that were still around in the last rounds of a 14 team league. I was just as surprised at the virtual no-names (or "gambles" at best) that were the only ones left on the board outside of the first round (or two). Especially when you see people like Matthews being hurt, Richardson having surgery, Peterson being a huge question mark, Jones-Drew being out of camp...seriously, pickings get slim in a hurry (at least according to past production). It's going to be an interesting fantasy season for sure.
    Last edited by Vegas_Phin1; 08-18-2012 at 08:18 PM.
    Feeling much better after that Raider beat down.

vCash
    Watching this jets gmen game, jets are easily in the running for worst offense in the NFL, this is a disaster. Sparano, SMH....

vCash
    That's like saying your going to beat the ****** in the spelling bee lol

My goal is to not come in last place
    hahaha... I have beat the ****** in the spelling bee.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    Yes, RBs are important. Like Sox said below, it's because they get consistent points. A WR may get 100 yards and a TD in one game and 15 yards on no TDs the next two. Where a good RB will consistently get you 150+ yards and a TD or two...most weeks. Your QB and your RBs will give you most of your points (most of the time). Sure you will periodically get great weeks out of WRs and TEs...but it's a coin toss week by week which will perform (and how well). But a great defense can do you a lot of good as well (depending on how scoring is setup in your league)...when you grab 20+ points from your D, it's a nice feeling. I don't think your team will be "bad"...but you will need to watch out for any upgrades that you can (especially to that Matthews pick I'm afraid).

Most people go RBs early and understandably so. But as I was saying the other day, I believe that the overall value of an every down back is beginning to slip. If you (for example) had Matthews last season; he would get you 70 yards all the way down to the goal line. May even get you 4 points for yardage. Then Tolbert would get the TD virtually every single time! So are you better off with the 100+ yards per game (at 1 point per 20 yards) and no TDs...or 5 yards and 2 TDs (at 6 points per or whatever you are set to)? I know that in my league, you take the 5 and 2 all day long. Considering most teams use 2,3, or even 4 backs now...how the hell do you know who to grab? Outside of like 5 guys, it really starts to look kinda sketchy. I've done a couple of mock drafts this week, and I was absolutely blown away with the number of RBs that were still around in the last rounds of a 14 team league. I was just as surprised at the virtual no-names (or "gambles" at best) that were the only ones left on the board outside of the first round (or two). Especially when you see people like Matthews being hurt, Richardson having surgery, Peterson being a huge question mark, Jones-Drew being out of camp...seriously, pickings get slim in a hurry (at least according to past production). It's going to be an interesting fantasy season for sure.
    That's another reason I go RB early, because there are only 4 or 5 guys who don't split carries. Gotta grab those guys who carry the whole load early.

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast