Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PK Subban

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    Do you really think the owner of the Canadiens, regardless of how wealthy he is, is going to want to eat those contracts in the minors? Some of these suggestion truly baffle.

I mean sure it seems like an easy fix, but you would be pretty hard pressed to convince any owner ever to eat that much money. Some people really need to understand the business aspect of these things.

For the hell of it I calculated what amount of space the Canadiens would have should them dump these players in the Minors. It would leave them with about $20 million before the Galchenyuk and Subban contracts are added. I expect Subban to go for $4+ million. That contract along with Galchenyuk's leaves the Canadiens with about $12 million.

That is twelve million to resign Desharnais, Pacioretty, a back-up goaltender, and a forward.

It may fit under the cap, but it just does and it is too tight for any comfort or other potential moves. Now to the biggest aspect of this situation. Under your "plan" the Owner is now paying Gomez and Kaberle in the minors and Pacioretty, Desharnais, a new forward, and a back-up goaltender. That is double the amount of money (significant losses as far as business is concerned) just by your plan alone.

Good luck convincing an owner to buy into that garbage. This is why it hasn't been done yet as far as Gomez is concerned.

Oh and another thing; what if the new CBA protects against burying players with that big of a hit it the minors? What is your plan then? The Canadiens have to do some serious wheeling and dealing to figure this situation out and it is not as simple as dumping to players in the AHL
    What the hell are you talking about Shelf?

Did you miss the point when you said they can't afford it and I just replied they can by burying Gomez and Kaberle.

I think Seguin can help that more than Gomez. Redden was buried by NY and he made more money why can't montreal do the same? This GM didn't even make the trade and this owner wasn't around when the trade happened also. (So they have no emotional attachment to him). nobody likes Gomez and they don't want him. If they have no choice and nobody will take him he will be buried

Lets also talk about economics for a second, how much money do you think they lose when the Bell center is not filled? Or they don't make the playoffs? It's actually very surprising none of you gentleman would think losing 5 million in the minors is a bargain compared to losing 15-20 million for not making it into the playoffs.
    Last edited by 2bleedB&G; 08-04-2012 at 10:07 PM.

vCash
    I they were going to simply bury Gomez it'd be done by now. Tey don't want to flush money down the toilet, its simple economics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    So he could come here and score 20 goals? We got Horton back. With him in the line up that changes a lot offensivly. We also have nothing to trade for him

Krejci for him is basically a wash and PC seems to favor centers over wingers
    Ryan has already scored 30+ goals every season in his career.
    He doesn't even play much on the PP. I think you will see multiple 50+ goal seasons in his career.

vCash
    Gomez is a great player. Doan is asking for that type of money & really isn't much better. They would not benefit at all by dumping him in the minors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    I they were going to simply bury Gomez it'd be done by now. Tey don't want to flush money down the toilet, its simple economics.
    Different regime, they also could be waiting for a buyout period in the new CBA. I'm just saying why chance pissing off another team?

Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Ryan has already scored 30+ goals every season in his career.
    He doesn't even play much on the PP. I think you will see multiple 50+ goal seasons in his career.
    In Boston??? Our system will never allow that. At least that what I think

vCash
    Gomez is a great player. Doan is asking for that type of money & really isn't much better. They would not benefit at all by dumping him in the minors
    Oh and you are joking right? He hadn't scored a goal in 365 days...he scored 2 goals last year??? If he's great WTF is Malkin? God?

He is supposed to be on their top line....he barely makes the third at the end he was on the 4th

vCash
    Feel free to elaborate.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    He was a great a player in the past. He's never had much a scoring touch but atleast 40+ assist for a good number of years. Way over priced but still valuable

vCash
    Different regime, they also could be waiting for a buyout period in the new CBA. I'm just saying why chance pissing off another team?
    Hahaha different Regime? Hilarious, so the new GM hired by the OWNER is going to be convinced by the new GM to bury these players in the minors when he wouldn't do it for the last GM? Do you not see how ridiculous this is as you write it?

Your second point is a very good possibility. I believe that is what they are waiting for.

P.K. is not coming to the Bruins any time soon, I believe he may some day but I doubt it. I doubt Chiarelli is afraid to "piss off" the other GM hahaha I mean that is pretty funny to read.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    Hahaha different Regime? Hilarious, so the new GM hired by the OWNER is going to be convinced by the new GM to bury these players in the minors when he wouldn't do it for the last GM? Do you not see how ridiculous this is as you write it?

Your second point is a very good possibility. I believe that is what they are waiting for.

P.K. is not coming to the Bruins any time soon, I believe he may some day but I doubt it. I doubt Chiarelli is afraid to "piss off" the other GM hahaha I mean that is pretty funny to read.
    He wasn't the owner when the Gomez trade happened. The prior GM was the one that wanted these guys, so he wouldn't bury him. This guy realize he is a cancer to the team that brings nothing and hey 8 million cap hit sucks

But hey you know more because me living in this city reading french papers day in and out about the team means absolutely nothing compared to your massive ego...I mean intelligence

I don't want to confuse you so I won't put any french papers

Here's an english giving the same indication and option...which is what it is an option. Teams like Montreal don't really care about a few million when they make a **** load of money in the playoffs. RDS pays them a lot of money because 4 million quebecers tune in to watch the Habs not hockey

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...t-scott-gomez/

But continue acting like a douche

vCash
    He wasn't the owner when the Gomez trade happened. The prior GM was the one that wanted these guys, so he wouldn't bury him. This guy realize he is a cancer to the team that brings nothing and hey 8 million cap hit sucks

But hey you know more because me living in this city reading french papers day in and out about the team means absolutely nothing compared to your massive ego...I mean intelligence

I don't want to confuse you so I won't put any french papers

Here's an english giving the same indication and option...which is what it is an option. Teams like Montreal don't really care about a few million when they make a **** load of money in the playoffs. RDS pays them a lot of money because 4 million quebecers tune in to watch the Habs not hockey

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...t-scott-gomez/

But continue acting like a douche
    Oh my, you read French newspapers? How could I have doubted you? I love how the article says they aren't going to but him out and then the guy who wrote the article suggested they bury him (oh and some commenters too). That is all the information I need right there a random sports writer making a suggestion and a few comments. I am sold, seriously I can't believe McKenzie and Dreger haven't reported this.

Oh and I am a douche with a massive ego? Take a long hard look in the mirror buddy. Trying to put me in my place because you are from the area? Give me a break.

It sounds to me from the article you presented (if you can even call it that) that Gomez will be given every opportunity to prove his mettle at training camp and they will take it from there.

If the bury him fine, no sweat off my back. The only point I was making was a simple as saying that the economics behind the move are not good enough to condone such a measure and suggesting it as loosely as you did is a perfect example of the lack of knowledge many people have when it comes to the business aspect of things.

This isn't a video game, this isn't a fantasy team, and this isn't a joke. Real money is involved here. Real people spend a significant amount of real money to manage and finance these teams.

I am also getting a kick of how you are constantly avoiding the fact that they should bury Kaberle too. This isn't just about Gomez. You suggested that the Habs bury both of these players then resign and fill the roster spots with the CAP they freed up.

Awesome that is great from a cap standpoint, now lets look at the $11+ million sitting in the AHL while we spend a $11+ million on new guys. You are now spending twice as much on moves you consider mistakes. Hey but money is no object right? I wipe my *** with $22 million.

But yeah, no, I have the ego and am being a douche

vCash
    Subban will be a bruin after his next contract when he is 26,27,28 years old around there. By then his bro will be our backup or close to becoming our backup goalie. Just my guess.

On another note:

Why are we making suggestions for the Habs to improve their cap situation? How about choke on the Kaberle contract and choke on the Gomez contract and suffer.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeelyforPres View Post
    On another note:

Why are we making suggestions for the Habs to improve their cap situation? How about choke on the Kaberle contract and choke on the Gomez contract and suffer.
    There you go.

vCash
    Just because we drafted his brother lets not forget that we hate pj fawkin Subban.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan View Post
    Just because we drafted his brother lets not forget that we hate pj fawkin Subban.
    PJ? haha

I don't hate P.K. Subban, he can be an irritating player to watch but just about everyone in the NHL hates Brad Marchand (minus Bruins fans) too.

Subban is the kind of guy you hate if he isn't on your team. He is an incredibly talented kid and would make any team better.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast