Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PK Subban

Hybrid View

vCash

PK Subban

I dont know if this has been menioned or not, if it has i appologize, but i think it would be awesome to sign pk Subban to an offer sheet, the Habs only offered 2 years 2.5 million if we come in at 3/4 at 3/3.3 million per (i believe at 3.4 draft pick compensation would increase from a second rounder to a 1st and 3rd)? i know we are pretty deep with NHL ready defenseman, and i know for the most part we hate subban, but i feel like he is their marchand, if hes on your team you love him, bring him in tell him to reign in the diving bull ****, and you have a phyisical young puck moving blueliner. Just a thought

vCash
    Although I think it would be interesting to add him to the roster, I think Montreal will match just about anything that is thrown at them. Especially something like 3.3 mil per year. But it would be nice to piss off a whole bunch of Habs fans by just getting him to sign an offer sheet

vCash
    Hey something new to talk about!!!

I wouldn't for a simple reason Seguin

Speaking about Seguin anybody think it would be a smart idea sigining him to a long term extention now before the new CBA restricks everything?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Hey something new to talk about!!!

I wouldn't for a simple reason Seguin

Speaking about Seguin anybody think it would be a smart idea sigining him to a long term extention now before the new CBA restricks everything?
    YES! Chiarelli extended all of those guys last year during the season (Boychuk, Krejci, MccQuaid, Peverley), I'd like him to do that with Seguin and Marchand this season, maybe Lucic too.

vCash
    If Montreal was going to offer sheet one of our guys, they're going to offer sheet them. Us sending an offer sheet Subbans way wouldn't really change anything.

I wouldn't do it anyway. Offer sheets just aren't my cup of tea, I'm not willing to overpay Subban AND give up picks in the process

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    If Montreal was going to offer sheet one of our guys, they're going to offer sheet them. Us sending an offer sheet Subbans way wouldn't really change anything.

I wouldn't do it anyway. Offer sheets just aren't my cup of tea, I'm not willing to overpay Subban AND give up picks in the process
    I'm guessing you never played the game of Risk before? They may have an unwritten rule with each other. But Montreal has a lot of money and I wouldn't want to get on their bad side

vCash
    I'm guessing you never played the game of Risk before? They may have an unwritten rule with each other. But Montreal has a lot of money and I wouldn't want to get on their bad side
    We don't know how the new CBA is going to pan out salary cap wise but if it stays the same as it was last season ($64 mill), the Canadiens will only have about $8 million in cap going into the next off-season not including PK Subban's new deal.

If they re-sign Subban to a $4 million plus deal, which is expected, they will only have about $4 million in cap to re-sign both Max Pacioretty and David Desharnais. This is also not including Alex Galchenyuk's entry level deal which will likely carry a $3+ million cap hit.

The Canadiens have to make serious moves to remain their young core next season and an offer sheet to Subban could potentially force their hand organizationally.

With Bloated contracts with NTC's for players like Brian Gionta, Tomas Plekanec, Erik Cole, Scott Gomez, the often injured Andrei Markov, and so on, this is an organization in dire straights.

My point here is that that Montreal Canadiens may have money, but they don't have the cap and in this instance, that is all that matters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    We don't know how the new CBA is going to pan out salary cap wise but if it stays the same as it was last season ($64 mill), the Canadiens will only have about $8 million in cap going into the next off-season not including PK Subban's new deal.

If they re-sign Subban to a $4 million plus deal, which is expected, they will only have about $4 million in cap to re-sign both Max Pacioretty and David Desharnais. This is also not including Alex Galchenyuk's entry level deal which will likely carry a $3+ million cap hit.

The Canadiens have to make serious moves to remain their young core next season and an offer sheet to Subban could potentially force their hand organizationally.

With Bloated contracts with NTC's for players like Brian Gionta, Tomas Plekanec, Erik Cole, Scott Gomez, the often injured Andrei Markov, and so on, this is an organization in dire straights.

My point here is that that Montreal Canadiens may have money, but they don't have the cap and in this instance, that is all that matters.
    Gomez can be buried in the minors and so can Kaberle that free's up alot of money

I think for a team that needs a young forward Seguin could fit in nicely....I just don't want to piss anybody off

vCash
    Gomez can be buried in the minors and so can Kaberle that free's up alot of money

I think for a team that needs a young forward Seguin could fit in nicely....I just don't want to piss anybody off
    Do you really think the owner of the Canadiens, regardless of how wealthy he is, is going to want to eat those contracts in the minors? Some of these suggestion truly baffle.

I mean sure it seems like an easy fix, but you would be pretty hard pressed to convince any owner ever to eat that much money. Some people really need to understand the business aspect of these things.

For the hell of it I calculated what amount of space the Canadiens would have should them dump these players in the Minors. It would leave them with about $20 million before the Galchenyuk and Subban contracts are added. I expect Subban to go for $4+ million. That contract along with Galchenyuk's leaves the Canadiens with about $12 million.

That is twelve million to resign Desharnais, Pacioretty, a back-up goaltender, and a forward.

It may fit under the cap, but it just does and it is too tight for any comfort or other potential moves. Now to the biggest aspect of this situation. Under your "plan" the Owner is now paying Gomez and Kaberle in the minors and Pacioretty, Desharnais, a new forward, and a back-up goaltender. That is double the amount of money (significant losses as far as business is concerned) just by your plan alone.

Good luck convincing an owner to buy into that garbage. This is why it hasn't been done yet as far as Gomez is concerned.

Oh and another thing; what if the new CBA protects against burying players with that big of a hit it the minors? What is your plan then? The Canadiens have to do some serious wheeling and dealing to figure this situation out and it is not as simple as dumping to players in the AHL

vCash
    we already have a great D core
    i wouldn't mind having him but i don't think we need to over value him or in other words over pay him lol
    Bobby Ryan should be Very interesting to the Bruins right now and be their main focus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    i wouldn't mind having him but i don't think we need to over value him or in other words over pay him lol
    Bobby Ryan should be Very interesting to the Bruins right now and be their main focus
    So he could come here and score 20 goals? We got Horton back. With him in the line up that changes a lot offensivly. We also have nothing to trade for him

Krejci for him is basically a wash and PC seems to favor centers over wingers

vCash
    So he could come here and score 20 goals? We got Horton back. With him in the line up that changes a lot offensivly. We also have nothing to trade for him

Krejci for him is basically a wash and PC seems to favor centers over wingers
    Ryan has already scored 30+ goals every season in his career.
    He doesn't even play much on the PP. I think you will see multiple 50+ goal seasons in his career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    I they were going to simply bury Gomez it'd be done by now. Tey don't want to flush money down the toilet, its simple economics.
    Different regime, they also could be waiting for a buyout period in the new CBA. I'm just saying why chance pissing off another team?

Ryan has already scored 30+ goals every season in his career.
    He doesn't even play much on the PP. I think you will see multiple 50+ goal seasons in his career.
    In Boston??? Our system will never allow that. At least that what I think

vCash
    Different regime, they also could be waiting for a buyout period in the new CBA. I'm just saying why chance pissing off another team?
    Hahaha different Regime? Hilarious, so the new GM hired by the OWNER is going to be convinced by the new GM to bury these players in the minors when he wouldn't do it for the last GM? Do you not see how ridiculous this is as you write it?

Your second point is a very good possibility. I believe that is what they are waiting for.

P.K. is not coming to the Bruins any time soon, I believe he may some day but I doubt it. I doubt Chiarelli is afraid to "piss off" the other GM hahaha I mean that is pretty funny to read.

vCash
    absolutely... defensively.....

Our Offensive defense is pretty horrendous.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast