Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Vegas Cup Odds

vCash

Vegas Cup Odds

With revised Vegas Cup Odds in the news, I thought it'd be interesting to see where other people rank all the teams as of right now. I know that not everyone has signed, and that this should probably be in the NHL forum, but I'm interested in talking with the Bruins fans.

Here are the odds and a link: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ances-improve/

Pittsburgh Penguins 8/1
    New York Rangers 9/1
    Vancouver Canucks 11/1
    Los Angeles Kings 12/1
    Philadelphia Flyers 13/1
    Chicago Blackhawks 14/1
    Detroit Red Wings 15/1
    Boston Bruins 16/1
    St. Louis Blues 16/1
    Minnesota Wild 18/1
    San Jose Sharks 20/1
    Buffalo Sabres 22/1
    Carolina Hurricanes 22/1
    Nashville Predators 25/1
    Tampa Bay Lightning 25/1
    Washington Capitals 25/1
    New Jersey Devils 28/1
    Edmonton Oilers 30/1
    Toronto Maple Leafs 35/1
    Florida Panthers 40/1
    Anaheim Ducks 40/1
    Colorado Avalanche 40/1
    Montreal Canadiens 40/1
    Ottawa Senators 40/1
    Phoenix Coyotes 40/1
    Calgary Flames 50/1
    Dallas Stars 50/1
    Winnipeg Jets 50/1
    New York Islanders 75/1
    Columbus Blue Jackets 100/1

vCash
    Mine would look something like this:

New York Rangers
    Los Angeles Kings - I think they'll do better with this group for a full year.
    Vancouver Canucks
    Pittsburgh Penguins - Knock them down a few pegs. Sutter doesn't replace Staal...
    Philadelphia Flyers
    Boston Bruins - We're still good.
    Minnesota Wild - Obviously got better. If they are injury-free... they could be awesome.
    Carolina Hurricanes - Got WAY better (minus Corvo...)
    Chicago Blackhawks
    Detroit Red Wings - No Stuart or Lidstrom? They'll be good, but not great.
    St. Louis Blues
    Washington Capitals - It all depends on Holtby/Ribeiro
    San Jose Sharks - Burrish/Stuart addition, should make the playoffs.
    Nashville Predators - Basically only lost Suter.
    New Jersey Devils - I think they'll be fine without Parise.
    Florida Panthers - Kuba+Mueller... Should be similar to last season

Dallas Stars - Depends on Defence/Goaltending...
    Ottawa Senators
    Phoenix Coyotes
    Buffalo Sabres - They are tougher, but not more skilled...
    Tampa Bay Lightning - I don't think Lindback/Garon is the answer.
    Anaheim Ducks - Depends on Ryan trade.
    Winnipeg Jets - Addition of Jokinen, Poni, Montoya should help.
    Colorado Avalanche - I'm not sold on Parenteau.
    Toronto Maple Leafs - Depends on Goaltending... Im interested in JVR though.
    Montreal Canadiens - Meh... (See Buffalo)
    Edmonton Oilers
    Calgary Flames
    Columbus Blue Jackets - I'm hoping the Jackets do better than last year w/o Nash.
    New York Islanders - I would love to see DiPietro have a big comeback, Buuuut I doubt it.

vCash
    Bruins
    Penguins
    Rangers
    Kings
    Wild
    Panthers

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeelyforPres View Post
    Bruins
    Penguins
    Rangers
    Kings
    Wild
    Panthers
    These are your rankings for the Stanley Cup contenders?

vCash
    Bruins
    Penguins
    Rangers
    Kings
    Wild
    Panthers
    I'm fine with those first four teams in your list. All four of them are probably in the top 8 or so overall. I think it's too early to put the Wild on here. I'll give them some time to mesh together and they're not fully complete yet. I'd like to here your reasoning for the Panthers though.

vCash
    id like to hear it too

vCash
    I have no logic to picking the panthers other than i like the way they play, I think their management has them headed in the right direction, I believe they will contend and then make a huge splash at the deadline to push them into the next tier of teams who are legit playoff threats. It's more of a "sleeper" pick.

The wild? Great goal tending, team defense and now a more potent offense.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    These are your rankings for the Stanley Cup contenders?
    Yes they are. Where are yours?

vCash
    Yes they are. Where are yours?
    New York R
    Pittsburgh
    Vancouver
    Philadelphia
    St. Louis
    Boston
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Washington
    San Jose/Nashville

Is that okay? I'll give you my reasons why I called yours out.. if you'd like.

I simply cannot put Boston as the #1 right now. Rask has never had a role like this. He'll start a career high games. Seguin is improving though, but I feel roster wise right now, last year's success, injuries, New York and Pittsburgh have got to be my #1/2.

I'm then going with Vancouver and St. Louis as my #3/5. Heading into the season, they're easily #1 and #2 in the West. Vancouver is still strong, and got better with Jason Garrison. Injuries are still concerns though with Ryan Kesler. Still threats. St. Louis is the same team. They could miss the playoffs, they could win the Presidents trophy. Young team, injuries are a HUGE concern, but they're developing. Ken Hitchcock is a brlliant coach.

I've got this weird thing that Philadelphia is going to be great, even though they probably should not. They lost Jagr, JVR, and a few other big pieces (Carle, Meszaros). I love Couturier, Schenn and Read. They'll continue to develop. I think they make another move. Claude Giroux is that great. I think Breezy bounces back.

Then I've got Boston.

Chicago's looking healthy, though they've still got depth and goaltending question marks. They've however got four stars up front, and two on the backend.

Then I've got Detroit. Still a threat, depsite the critics. Dats is a top five forward, and Babcock is an elite coach. Rumors are, we're going @ J-Bo (#1 defenseman).

I've got SJ and Washington bouncing back. Great teams all over. Both teams improved. I still have Nashville as a threat. It's the system that gets it done there.

Minnesota still isn't that good. They don't have good goaltender. I don't know where you got that from. Backstrom is average. (Rask, Hiller, Miller, Lundqvist, Rinne, Luongo, Ward, Kipper, Lehtonen, Howard, Quick, Price, Breezy, Fleury are all better). They still have a below average backend. Up front they're better with a healthy Heatley, Koivu, Bouchard (how long?), Setoguchi, with the addtions of Granlund and Parise. Still a terrible offensive team, and if they switch it up to be a more offensive team, they're going to struggle defensively.

Florida was lucky enough to play in a horrible division. Winnipeg, Carolina, Washington and Winnipeg all got better. Florida's management really isn't that good. I don't have Florida in the playoffs..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    New York R
    Pittsburgh
    Vancouver
    Philadelphia
    St. Louis
    Boston
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Washington
    San Jose/Nashville

Is that okay? I'll give you my reasons why I called yours out.. if you'd like.

I simply cannot put Boston as the #1 right now. Rask has never had a role like this. He'll start a career high games. Seguin is improving though, but I feel roster wise right now, last year's success, injuries, New York and Pittsburgh have got to be my #1/2.

I'm then going with Vancouver and St. Louis as my #3/5. Heading into the season, they're easily #1 and #2 in the West. Vancouver is still strong, and got better with Jason Garrison. Injuries are still concerns though with Ryan Kesler. Still threats. St. Louis is the same team. They could miss the playoffs, they could win the Presidents trophy. Young team, injuries are a HUGE concern, but they're developing. Ken Hitchcock is a brlliant coach.

I've got this weird thing that Philadelphia is going to be great, even though they probably should not. They lost Jagr, JVR, and a few other big pieces (Carle, Meszaros). I love Couturier, Schenn and Read. They'll continue to develop. I think they make another move. Claude Giroux is that great. I think Breezy bounces back.

Then I've got Boston.

Chicago's looking healthy, though they've still got depth and goaltending question marks. They've however got four stars up front, and two on the backend.

Then I've got Detroit. Still a threat, depsite the critics. Dats is a top five forward, and Babcock is an elite coach. Rumors are, we're going @ J-Bo (#1 defenseman).

I've got SJ and Washington bouncing back. Great teams all over. Both teams improved. I still have Nashville as a threat. It's the system that gets it done there.

Minnesota still isn't that good. They don't have good goaltender. I don't know where you got that from. Backstrom is average. (Rask, Hiller, Miller, Lundqvist, Rinne, Luongo, Ward, Kipper, Lehtonen, Howard, Quick, Price, Breezy, Fleury are all better). They still have a below average backend. Up front they're better with a healthy Heatley, Koivu, Bouchard (how long?), Setoguchi, with the addtions of Granlund and Parise. Still a terrible offensive team, and if they switch it up to be a more offensive team, they're going to struggle defensively.

Florida was lucky enough to play in a horrible division. Winnipeg, Carolina, Washington and Winnipeg all got better. Florida's management really isn't that good. I don't have Florida in the playoffs..
    Very logical choices.
    Did you just forget the Kings?

vCash
    Very logical choices.
    Did you just forget the Kings?
    Yes I did. I actually don't have them in my top five though. I'd probably slot them in front of Chicago. LA and NJ won't dominate the regular season though. Their styles are built for the playoffs.