Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which game should we play?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Regular Redraft

42 62.69%
  • New proposed All time redraft minus MJ

25 37.31%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Which game should we play part 2

You big babies here ya go. This will decide the game. And i'm setting a deadline for this poll, so that we have no more complaints. Ya'll know what to do.

vCash
    Still voting regular.

Really dont have much interest in doing an all-time game.

I was told it was going to be regular, so I started planning for that

vCash
    what kind of planning do you do for the redraft 1 month prior to it?

vCash
    this. figuring out what we're doing lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by patsSOXknicks View Post
    To elaborate on what KoB was saying, these were the rules that Jamal and I came up with that we thought would be fun and challenging:

NBA All-Time Redraft Rules

1. 10 players must be drafted from the 50/60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, 00’s/10’s. Everyone (minus MJ) is available.

2. At no time can your clubhouse have more than 2 players from 1 decade.

3. You must declare what you want the player to be in at the time you draft him. For instance, if I drafted Michael Jordan for the 90’s, you must take his best years from that decade. You may not use his best 80’s, or 00’s years. We actually feel it would be beneficial and easier for the GMs to state what decade you want the player in when you draft him because its easier to keep track of this way. We feel by doing this, it'll help avoid DQs at the end of round 10.

4. Each player will be considered in his peak form in the decade which you specify.

5. There will be a 1-2 day period after round 10 to make sure rosters are in order. You may re-declare what decade you want a player to be in during this time, but you must be sure to have 2 players from the 50’s/60’s, 70’s. 80’s, 90’s, 00’s/10’s or you will be disqualified. After this waiting period, the last 2 rounds will be a Free for All for any player in any decade you wish to choose.

6. To place more value on players from the 50/60’s and 70’s, you must have 1 starter from each decade/grouping we are using. Our main reason for this rule is we don't want GMs to just pick 80s, 90s and 00/10 players as their starters/6th man and leave the rest of their bench as 60s and 70s players. That defeats one of the main purposes of this game.

7. As seen by the last few NBA PSD games, the GM talent has become very strong. This is why we have decided to make Michael Jordan ineligible for this redraft. A veteran GM with MJ has a distinct advantage over every other team and we want to eliminate that advantage.

The main point of this type of a re-draft would be a couple points: 1st) eliminate the whole NBA forum voting bias towards players in the 90s/00s. And in the process, maybe the NBA forum learns a bit about the history of the game because they have to read the write-ups since they won't know a couple starters.

2) Make GMs do a bit more research and hopefully in the process learn more about the history of the game. As a basketball junkie, I LOVE the idea of this. How can you not?

3) Make the game new and challenging and fun!

Jamal and I spent a decent amount of time coming up with these rules and we really thought it out for why we feel each rule would be beneficial.

Hopefully people are as excited as me and Jamal about doing this type of re-draft.
    Here's the explanation of the new game. I definately think it's time for a new challenge. We just did a redraft 3 months ago and would basically be re-playing the SAME game over again just with new random draft lottery.

We'd all have plenty of time to prep for this (a month) and it's give us all a chance to show our versatility and study up more about the history of the game.

Arlington, Texas - Home of the Cowboys and Rangers
    vCash
    Shocking that for the last month I have said all over the place that any game involving Michael Jordan was basically pointless and patSOXknicks put that rule in his game rules and took credit.

As for the All Time Redraft, it's not THAT much different than the 90's one we just did. Most of the legit 90's players played in the 2000's a little, the 90's, the 80's and even the 70's. We'd basically be adding the 50's and 60's to the players we just drafted in the "90's" draft.
    Last edited by BlondeBomber41; 08-01-2012 at 10:18 PM.

vCash
    It was tough but I voted regular

vCash
    Cmon people seriously.
    Lets spice this stuff up

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    I need a co Hit me up if your intrested in winning
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    good ol' BB41

Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

vCash
    To say that we'd just be adding the 50's and 60's is a comically incorrect statement. There are numerous All-NBA players and more than a few All-Time Greats that peaked in the 70s/80s/2000s that were left out of the 90s draft.

This draft and the 90s draft would be a lot more different than the redraft that we had 3 months ago.

Additionally, kudos to Jamal/PSK for creating a twist that promotes creativity and strategic drafting beyond a "get a #1 option" or "draft a center early." How do you handle having to draft a player from the 50s/60s? Do you draft them early to nab one of the few people recognize? Do you just draft the biggest names as usual and hope that compensates for plugging in older players as your 4/5th option?

We'd have so many new strategy debates and historical discussions. Conversations that we've never had in any previous game. Or... we could debate Love vs. Dirk 100 times again.

vCash
    I'm down for the new alltime but I have a feeling ppl will quit in the middle of it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    I'm down for the new alltime but I have a feeling ppl will quit in the middle of it
    This is one of the fears RR and I've discussed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Still voting regular.

Really dont have much interest in doing an all-time game.

I was told it was going to be regular, so I started planning for that
    What planning exactly? How far in advance do you possibly have to plan for a re-draft?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeBomber41 View Post
    Shocking that for the last month I have said all over the place that any game involving Michael Jordan was basically pointless and patSOXknicks put that rule in his game rules and took credit.

As for the All Time Redraft, it's not THAT much different than the 90's one we just did. Most of the legit 90's players played in the 2000's a little, the 90's, the 80's and even the 70's. We'd basically be adding the 50's and 60's to the players we just drafted in the "90's" draft.
    Yeah..... So basically we're adding like 40-50 percent of the history of the NBA? Good point. And while the 90s re-draft was fun for the first few weeks, it fell apart in the end because of the mock and a certain somebody who started **** that got us both knocked out of the playoffs. I can't remember who that was....

vCash
    I can't believe you boring mother****ers voting for the regular re-draft. I noticed that nearly everyone who voted for the all-time is a regular NBA game GM and half of the regular posters are guys I've either never heard of or have rarely seen play games before. I think quality of vote should matter.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast