Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    vCash
    Fantasy football isnt much of a crap shoot at all. You just have to put some thought into your lineup, and start players based on matchups. By the end of the season, the better teams/owners usually do separate from the pack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Fantasy football isnt much of a crap shoot at all. You just have to put some thought into your lineup, and start players based on matchups. By the end of the season, the better teams/owners usually do separate from the pack.
    Well it depends. I had Dennis Pitta from Baltimore facing a depleting Browns team and he caught zero passes and got me zero points. Before that game he was the second most targeted TE in the league next to Jimmy Grahm from NO, and had the most targets on the team. Needless to say I was a bit disappointed because for 3 weeks he consistently put up more points than my starting TE.

I'd say it can be a bit of a crap shoot at times.

vCash
    Point is, if you continue to make the right decisions throughout the season, your team will be fine.

vCash
    Point is, if you continue to make the right decisions throughout the season, your team will be fine.
    Are 16 chances enough to separate luck from skill?

I think 82 games are enough.

I know 162 games are enough.

The closer we get to that "1" mark the more of a crapshoot it is.

In fantasy baseball - it doesn't matter what happened earlier in the game, my batter will be seeing 3, 4, even 5 at bats a game. For football if my team has the lead, chances are my WR won't be seeing many thrown balls. If my team is down, my RB won't be seeing many touches.

Fantasy football is like relief pitchers in fantasy baseball. That's all I'm saying.

vCash
    dammit, i knew I should have kept it to one league this year. In my long running league, I need Andre Johnson to have a big game to win...but if he has a big game, I could lose in the PSD league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Romney is turrible candidate. Just turrible! And I don't say that because he's a Republican. I say that simply because he is a terrible candidate along the lines of a John Kerry. A "candidate by default" if you will.
    I have no issue with that statement, and I won't be happy voting for him, which I will be. That being said, anything but Obama. Anything.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    dammit, i knew I should have kept it to one league this year. In my long running league, I need Andre Johnson to have a big game to win...but if he has a big game, I could lose in the PSD league.
    yep, when you do multiple leagues, that happens 10 weeks a year haha.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    who did I beat tonight?

vCash
    agreed, which is why anyone who is up in the first few weeks shouldn't get cocky, and vice versa. The best GM's usually end up on top, depending on injuries of course.

vCash
    whoever is playing me this weekend, make sure to submit your roster. You currently have Cam Newton and Michael Bush starting, who are on byes this week.

vCash
    Playoffs start this week??

vCash
    Yes, playoffs start today.

4 teams made the playoffs, those teams are Hawkeye, Man Dimes, Love42 and Larson.

I am still pretty bitter that WSUTony and I tied in week one. That is keeping us both out of the playoffs. An 8-4 record gets you in, we both ended up being 7-5-1. I should have come up with a solution in that game to name a winner, like which team had more yards.

The 8 teams that did not make the playoffs are in the consolation bracket.

vCash
    bump.

vCash
    PJ, is it cumulative points for fantasy playoff?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanVictoCigar View Post
    PJ, is it cumulative points for fantasy playoff?
    yeah. Weeks 14 and 15 count cumulatively towards round one, weeks 16 and 17 are round 2.

Wish I didnt make the playoffs go into week 17 where playoff teams rest their starters. One year I was beat in a championship game because someone dropped Peyton Manning to pick up Jim Sorgi, knowing Peyton wouldnt be playing.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast