Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    vCash
    What is fantasy football?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Oh absolutely they are being run because of him. I had no doubt about it after the first pro Mormon ad, almost immediately after Romney got the nod as the Republican candidate.

And I am sure some of them live fairly normal lives, but how normal can you really be when you believe that a man received golden plates from an angel that became the foundation of your religion...yet, only one man has ever seen those plates, and when others asked to see them, he claimed the angel took them back, then when he had to make additions to the Book of Mormon, he said the angel returned the plates to him, then when people asked to see the plates, he again said the angel took them back.

You literally cant make up how crazy the religion is. A guy created the religion as an excuse to be a polygamist, he was a christian, but christianity looked down on polygamy, so he invented a religion that revolved around him. If he was a man who took joy in murdering people, then he would have made murdering people socially acceptable in his religion.
    They have been on the air for several years now. It is simply an attempt for the modern mormon church to try to work its way into the mainstream and dispel old myths (such as that they continue to allow polygamy).

While I do not buy in to the whole Joseph Smith/Book of Mormon deal, I would also caution making derogatory statements about others' faith. Some would be quick to remind you that Jesus of Nazerath was a carpenter that brought people back to life and magically turned a few fish into enough to feed thousands. Others similarly might break down Islam as a 6th century man claiming to hear angels and dictate a book of laws. It all can sound far-fetched without eyes of faith.

vCash
    yes, pro-Mormon commercials have been on the air for awhile now...in fact, I remember a couple years ago my mom telling me that the commercials were to set up a a positve image for the likely next republican candidate...and she was right.

The commercials are in full force now though...way more pro-mormon agenda out there right now.

vCash
    I actually havent seen a mormon commercial in quite some time. A little disappointed. I always loved hearing them...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    What is fantasy football?
    Something that makes you hate normal football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    Something that makes you hate normal football.
    yeah, I have debated giving up fantasy football for awhile.

In my other league, I was playing against a buddy who has the Vikings kicker, and I found myself cheering against a player of my favorite team...this situation has arose a lot of times in the past couple years. I am getting better at not letting it bother me, but sometimes it still does.

Fantasy does make other games that I usually wouldnt watch more interesting though.

vCash
    I have the motto. Put the vikings first then ff. I started Ponder this week in one of my leagues and got crushed by that but vikes won so I was ok with it.

I liked you last comment, I also find myself watching more thursday night and monday night games because of ff.

vCash
    I used to let my hatred of the Packers get in my way of fantasy football as well...until I started playing for money, now I will take a Packer if it is the right move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    Always knew, it we got a Kobe fan here. I bet you are the person when you shoot hoops yells kobe every time he shoots. And then when you make it you say watch out for the black Mamba!!
    no, when I shoot, I yell "raindrops!".

It is an auto-swish as well.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    3 of my best friends are mormon. Uh, most of them don't live that life per say.
    Besides, for me personally, anything but Obama. Anything.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Romney isn't much better! But whatever floats your boat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    3 of my best friends are mormon. Uh, most of them don't live that life per say.
    Besides, for me personally, anything but Obama. Anything.
    Romney is turrible candidate. Just turrible! And I don't say that because he's a Republican. I say that simply because he is a terrible candidate along the lines of a John Kerry. A "candidate by default" if you will.

vCash
    Romney is our man, If he can't do it no one can...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    no, when I shoot, I yell "raindrops!".

It is an auto-swish as well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enJJeOqHbqE

I think that this is more accurate..

vCash
    Turns out fantasy football is a crapshoot. Seriously, it's like flipping a coin to see who "wins." Baseball seems to be a long enough season with enough games that the best teams land on top at the end (most of the time). I've never played fantasy basketball so unfortunately I can't speak for it. I'd guess an 82 game season is less of a crap shoot than a 16 game season with a **** ton of injuries but who knows.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast