Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I would take arnott in a heartbeat. I believe bleacherreport has a stat line for him for the past few seasons. I believe last year he had like 15 goals and 16 assists. Is descent on Faceoffs and he blocks shots and plays physical . He could Center our second pp line.

It said he would take his salary from last year. 1 year at around 2.35. I would do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocowear21 View Post
    I would take arnott in a heartbeat. I believe bleacherreport has a stat line for him for the past few seasons. I believe last year he had like 15 goals and 16 assists. Is descent on Faceoffs and he blocks shots and plays physical . He could Center our second pp line.

It said he would take his salary from last year. 1 year at around 2.35. I would do that.
    I'd do that contract for sure. We definately could use a guy like him on our #2 pp. Our first PP to start the year should be Kreider, Stepan Nash with DelZotto and Richards on the point...doesn't leave much for the second unit. Likely leaves Hagelin, Boyle, Callahan, Girardi and Staal, that doesn't instil much confidence in me.

vCash
    Agree I dont like that second unit. But to be honest isnt nash the kind of player that can play the entire pp, kinda like a kovi.

vCash
    I also wouldn't mind halpern on the pp as well as I have read that he has a descent one timer and his faceoffs should help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocowear21 View Post
    Agree I dont like that second unit. But to be honest isnt nash the kind of player that can play the entire pp, kinda like a kovi.
    I don't think that's a real good game plan night in and night out though, especially if the first unit is not being effective. There's a very good reason why NJ gave up a lot of short handed goals last year.

vCash
    Doan is down to 3 teams and Rangers appear to be on the short list. I didn't think this could get done with the contract numbers being thrown around, but maybe Doan is still a possiblity. I'm hoping if he does sign, it's not for more than a 2-year contract, with possilby a team option for the 3rd year.

I think Doan is a perfect fit in the Rangers system, but it would likely translate to Callahan moving down to the 3rd line once Gaborik returns. Regardless, if the price is right, I'm all for his signing!

He's certainly a better addition than the players mentioned above.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I'd do that contract for sure. We definately could use a guy like him on our #2 pp. Our first PP to start the year should be Kreider, Stepan Nash with DelZotto and Richards on the point...doesn't leave much for the second unit. Likely leaves Hagelin, Boyle, Callahan, Girardi and Staal, that doesn't instil much confidence in me.
    Maybe signed Tomas Holmstrom, he's one tough guy to move from in front of the net on the PP!

BTW, I think Nash is much more versatile than people are giving him credit. I bet he's even out there on the penalty killing unit, I know he was with Columbus!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apdamico View Post
    Doan is down to 3 teams and Rangers appear to be on the short list. I didn't think this could get done with the contract numbers being thrown around, but maybe Doan is still a possiblity. I'm hoping if he does sign, it's not for more than a 2-year contract, with possilby a team option for the 3rd year.

I think Doan is a perfect fit in the Rangers system, but it would likely translate to Callahan moving down to the 3rd line once Gaborik returns. Regardless, if the price is right, I'm all for his signing!

He's certainly a better addition than the players mentioned above.
    Doan is a perfect fit in every way but in what he expects for term and $ on a contract...I'm out of Doan if he's 4 yrs and 30 mill.

vCash
    If Doan goes elsewhere, or wants too much in money or term, then Jason Arnott would be a really nice consolation prize. Still can play12-15 mins a night, still physical and has great size, still has good hands around the net and can pot 15-20 as he had 17 last year playing 14 mins a night on not the best of offensive teams.

Brings experience, leadership, grit, physicality, and quite a bit of versatility as he can play anywhere up front, as well as on either of your special teams.

Still a nice player at a reasonable price as long as he's not asked to do too much, which he wouldn't be were he to become a Ranger.

Huselius is an absolute no however.

He's missed 120+ games to injury over the last 2 seasons, and is the type of player tailor made to find his way into the Chateau Bow Wow as JD used to say with Torts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12