Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ort View Post
    False. This has as much (or slightly more) to do with the defense as it does Crawford himself.

On that note...

True/False - The PK will improve and be in the upper half of the league this year (top 10, I think would be too much of a stretch to even pose the question).
    I'm going with False and it is for one reason...the Blackhawks are (currently) not a good team at the dot. After Toews, the Blackhawks seem to struggle. Mayers was good last year but Kruger and Bolland are terrible. With the faceoff in the defensive zone, if you win the faceoff you automatically kill off 20 seconds and then even more if the other team can't set up. If you lose the faceoff, the team sets up right away. Blackhawks need to be a whole lot better at the dot.

True/False - More than 1 prospect (Shaw doesn't count in my eyes) will make the team out of camp. Some possibilities include Saad, Morin, Pirri, Olsen, Hayes, etc.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Boom!;23255810]I'm going with False and it is for one reason...the Blackhawks are (currently) not a good team at the dot. After Toews, the Blackhawks seem to struggle. Mayers was good last year but Kruger and Bolland are terrible. With the faceoff in the defensive zone, if you win the faceoff you automatically kill off 20 seconds and then even more if the other team can't set up. If you lose the faceoff, the team sets up right away. Blackhawks need to be a whole lot better at the dot.

...which is also a reason why they were so bad on the power play. They often lost that first 20 seconds of the PP when they couldn't win that first face off!!!
    Btw, also a reason why I really don't prefer sharpie or Kaner at C. We need a C that wins face offs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I'm going with False and it is for one reason...the Blackhawks are (currently) not a good team at the dot. After Toews, the Blackhawks seem to struggle. Mayers was good last year but Kruger and Bolland are terrible. With the faceoff in the defensive zone, if you win the faceoff you automatically kill off 20 seconds and then even more if the other team can't set up. If you lose the faceoff, the team sets up right away. Blackhawks need to be a whole lot better at the dot.

True/False - More than 1 prospect (Shaw doesn't count in my eyes) will make the team out of camp. Some possibilities include Saad, Morin, Pirri, Olsen, Hayes, etc.
    True. I believe Saad will make it as everyone in the organization is high on him. I believe either Olsen or Hayes will make the team as well if they show they've improved on a few things over the summer. I also think that Beach is a darkhorse to make the team in a 4th line physical/agitator role.

True/False- Kane becomes our 2nd line C out of training camp and stays there the whole year (except on PP/PK).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    True. I believe Saad will make it as everyone in the organization is high on him. I believe either Olsen or Hayes will make the team as well if they show they've improved on a few things over the summer. I also think that Beach is a darkhorse to make the team in a 4th line physical/agitator role.

True/False- Kane becomes our 2nd line C out of training camp and stays there the whole year (except on PP/PK).
    False: I do think that Kane comes out of training camp as the 2C but I do think that the experiment won't last the entire year again. While I think he is our best option at 2C, he is definitely more deadly on the wall.

True/False - Brookbank will play more games this year than Montador (I have these two as the Blackhawks #6/7 currently).

vCash
    False: I do think that Kane comes out of training camp as the 2C but I do think that the experiment won't last the entire year again. While I think he is our best option at 2C, he is definitely more deadly on the wall.

True/False - Brookbank will play more games this year than Montador (I have these two as the Blackhawks #6/7 currently).
    True. Montador will become a casualty, either due to injury ( another concussion, which I don't wish upon him at all), poor play or a trade in which we take on a bad contract and he is thrown in the exchange.

True/false. We see a different coach Q this year. Dealer's choice on the reason why or why not.

vCash
    True. Montador will become a casualty, either due to injury ( another concussion, which I don't wish upon him at all), poor play or a trade in which we take on a bad contract and he is thrown in the exchange.

True/false. We see a different coach Q this year. Dealer's choice on the reason why or why not.
    False. The pressure is on Q to win this year to save his job. If he has another first round exit again, he's gone. If anything I could see him changing up the lines more to try to get the team going to save his butt.

True/false- Leddy or Hjalmarsson is traded by the deadline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    False. The pressure is on Q to win this year to save his job. If he has another first round exit again, he's gone. If anything I could see him changing up the lines more to try to get the team going to save his butt.

True/false- Leddy or Hjalmarsson is traded by the deadline.
    False. I was in the group that thought Hammer would certainly be traded this offseason, but I'm backing off that stance. As it stands, the Blackhawks have a pretty deep blueline and that is something they lacked last year. I think there is definitely a chance, but it is under 50% for me at this point. Hammer has another year left after this one and Leddy is going to be a RFA - just something to think about.

True/False - Emery plays more than 19.5 games this season.

vCash
    False. I was in the group that thought Hammer would certainly be traded this offseason, but I'm backing off that stance. As it stands, the Blackhawks have a pretty deep blueline and that is something they lacked last year. I think there is definitely a chance, but it is under 50% for me at this point. Hammer has another year left after this one and Leddy is going to be a RFA - just something to think about.

True/False - Emery plays more than 19.5 games this season.
    True - Emery played in 34 games last season and even in Crawford improves, I dont see a dramatic improvement.

True/False - Excluding Carcillo, the Hawks will have a player with 100+ PIM
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    True - Emery played in 34 games last season and even in Crawford improves, I dont see a dramatic improvement.

True/False - Excluding Carcillo, the Hawks will have a player with 100+ PIM
    True - I'm thinking Brookbank could step it up. Mayers was right there last year and Bollig could certainly get there if he continues to play on the 4th line.

Over/Under - Kane and Toews will have a combined fight total of .5 (so basically will either of them drop the mitts this year).

vCash
    Over

I see Taser dropping them once, either out of frustration or to set an example for his teammates. Kaner wouldnt do that for either of those reason, or any reason for that matter.

2 part question:

True/False Sharpie leads the team in goals this year.
    Over/under 35 goals for whoever leads the team.

vCash
    Over

I see Taser dropping them once, either out of frustration or to set an example for his teammates. Kaner wouldnt do that for either of those reason, or any reason for that matter.

2 part question:

True/False Sharpie leads the team in goals this year.
    Over/under 35 goals for whoever leads the team.
    False - I see Toews leading the team

Over - hopefully we get a 40+ goal scorer since Amonte did it (it will actually be under due to the potential lockout)

True/False - Bolland sees time as the 2 line center

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    False - I see Toews leading the team

Over - hopefully we get a 40+ goal scorer since Amonte did it (it will actually be under due to the potential lockout)

True/False - Bolland sees time as the 2 line center
    False: Maybe a spot start here and there, but I truly believe this is Qs team this year and he has control over the personal given to him. With that said, I believe that in Q's system Bolland is his guy for the 3C position.

Over/Under: Blackhawks have 5.5 twenty goal scorers.

vCash
    False: Maybe a spot start here and there, but I truly believe this is Qs team this year and he has control over the personal given to him. With that said, I believe that in Q's system Bolland is his guy for the 3C position.

Over/Under: Blackhawks have 5.5 twenty goal scorers.
    Hmmm. Let's see who we have.

Kane
    Toews
    Sharp
    Hossa
    Stalberg?
    Bolland?
    New addition, such as a #2C or someone like Saad?

Would need 2 of the 3 question marks to pot 20 this year.

Don't see Carcillo or Shaw hitting 20.

I'll say under.

True/false: 40+ assists for a dman this year.

vCash
    True/False - there will be a season this year? I miss hockey...
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Hmmm. Let's see who we have.

Kane
    Toews
    Sharp
    Hossa
    Stalberg?
    Bolland?
    New addition, such as a #2C or someone like Saad?

Would need 2 of the 3 question marks to pot 20 this year.

Don't see Carcillo or Shaw hitting 20.

I'll say under.

True/false: 40+ assists for a dman this year.
    Over - i see Keith having a big year and just passing 40 assists assuming a they dont have a lockout.

True/False - Blackhawks will finish ahead of Detroit in the division.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast