Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3570 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 25703070347035203560356835693570357135723580362036704070 ... LastLast
Results 53,536 to 53,550 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimbrH2001 View Post
    Toews can just tell him #19 will go to the player with the most Conn Smythe awards...
    Don't get me wrong, I agree. But if Doan really cared that much about wearing the #19, I think Toews would give it to him if we signed Doan.

vCash
    :haha: how did i miss this thread....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    I wonder if we got Doan, would Toews give up his number for him? I would hope Doan wouldn't make a big deal about it, considering I just got a Toews jersey, but at the same time, I haven't worn the jersey yet and could potentially return it if we were to sign Doan and Toews changed numbers for him.

Which brings up another question: What number would Toews wear then? One of my friends said he wore 16 in either high school or college, but switched to 19 because Ladd wore 16. Currently, Marcus Kruger wears 16. I doubt Toews cares that much what number he wears, but it's interesting nonetheless.
    Toews wore 9 in college and took 19 with the Hawks for obvious reasons. He wore 16 in international competition because 19 was being worn by elder statesman Joe Thornton.

Toews will not and should not give up his number for a few years of Doan. He isn't Andrew Shaw or Viktor Stalberg, and Doan isn't Joe Sakic. He's a Conn Smythe winning Stanley Cup Champion and the youngest captain in Blackhawks history. Doan has been around long enough to (hopefully) respect that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klima View Post
    over, but not by a whole lot. i say under 110 for the year.

true/false......Shaw hits 37 points on the season (Bolland's total from last season in 76 games)
    False - I think we see Shaw get to around 30 points which is fine by me. Shaw was sent down last year because he lost focus of his game and what he does best. When he came back up he got back to agitating and working his *** off, while the goals didn't come like they did with his first cup of coffee, he was definitely better for the team at that point.

True/False - Jamal Mayers will lead the team in fights this upcoming season.

vCash
    true. with carcillo not far behind.

over/under........whatever goalies we may have throughout the season have a combined GAA of 2.75

vCash
    Toews wouldnt give his number up to anyone. If steve yzerman decided to come out of retirement and play for the Hawks, he still wouldnt give it up.

Toews is a different breed. He knows who he is and what he stands for. He is one of if not the best captains in the NHL. The guy doesnt back down to anyone and for as much respect he has for a player like Doan, there is not a chance in hell Toews would give his number to him.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Under. If over, a goalie will be traded for by the deadline.

True/False - Kyle beach makes his professional debut in 2012-2013 season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman™ View Post
    Toews wore 9 in college and took 19 with the Hawks for obvious reasons. He wore 16 in international competition because 19 was being worn by elder statesman Joe Thornton.

Toews will not and should not give up his number for a few years of Doan. He isn't Andrew Shaw or Viktor Stalberg, and Doan isn't Joe Sakic. He's a Conn Smythe winning Stanley Cup Champion and the youngest captain in Blackhawks history. Doan has been around long enough to (hopefully) respect that.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    Toews wouldnt give his number up to anyone. If steve yzerman decided to come out of retirement and play for the Hawks, he still wouldnt give it up.

Toews is a different breed. He knows who he is and what he stands for. He is one of if not the best captains in the NHL. The guy doesnt back down to anyone and for as much respect he has for a player like Doan, there is not a chance in hell Toews would give his number to him.
    This is true. Sorry to put out such a dumb suggestion (my words, not yours). My friend mentioned it to me the other day and I have a tendency to throw out ideas that other people get behind and mentioned to me, such as suggesting Steve Stone as GM of the Cubs in one of my first posts on here

Having said that, I hope Doan signs here and we can find a number that's not already taken that suits him. I don't think Doan's the type of player that really cares about his number. I think if he leaves Phoenix, his main concerns are going to a team that's either near Phoenix and or/ a team that is a serious Stanley Cup contender. The teams that stick out to me are San Jose, Chicago, Detroit, Vancouver, Philadelphia, New York Rangers and Pittsburgh.

I keep hearing that San Jose is a likely destination for Doan if he chooses to leave Phoenix. I really hope he wouldn't go to Vancouver or Detroit for obvious reasons. The Rangers, Canucks, Flyers, Hawks, and Penguins stick out to me the most as teams that Doan would put over the top as Stanley Cup contenders. San Jose's solid, but I'm not sure that I see them being as big of a Cup contender as the other 5 would be (signing Doan) if they signed Doan. Detroit would have a very good offense, but their defense is still lacking with the loss of both Stuart and Lidstrom.

The team that worries me the most is the Canucks. They're closer to Phoenix than any of those teams I listed other than San Jose, and they've won the President's trophy the last 2 years.

I think the Hawks have as good of a chance as anyone outside of the Sharks. There's potentially a top-6 RW spot open if Kane is our 2nd line C. That would give us a potential top-6 of:

Stalberg-Toews-Doan
    Sharp-Kane-Hossa

That's very, very good. You could switch Stalberg and Sharp or even play Doan at LW on a line with Toews and Hossa, which would probably be the toughest top line defensively to play against. I think you have to keep Kane and Hossa together though as they had some very good chemistry together when Kane was playing C. I really liked the Sharp-Kane-Hossa line and that would be my choice for our 2nd line. I think all 3 of those guys would put up big numbers playing together for a full year (which probably wouldn't happen since Q juggles lines a ridiculous amount).

vCash
    True/False - Kyle beach makes his professional debut in 2012-2013 season.[/QUOTE]

False - unless injuries force the Hawks' hand or they bring him up for a little NHL exposure prior to trading him.

True or false - the Hawks win their division in 2012-2013.

vCash
    True - As quiet as this offseason has been, I have a feeling they will tear **** up with a chip on their shoulders this season. They will be hungry.

Over/Under - Carbomb has 5 misconducts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    True - As quiet as this offseason has been, I have a feeling they will tear **** up with a chip on their shoulders this season. They will be hungry.

Over/Under - Carbomb has 5 misconducts
    I'll go under...but just barely. I could see him getting around 4 this year (1 every 20 games).

True/False - Bryan Bickell returns to form of two years ago after a down year last year.

vCash
    can we change directors? i don't think scorsese's style fits the team at all.

how about tarantino or ridley scott?
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

vCash
    So...anyone have any rumors from some incredibly unreliable sources? Or want to make something up?

A real slow summer around the NHL lately.

vCash
    Here's something to make the board excited, or not:

NHL Rumors: Cristobal Huet talks with Kings, Canucks about NHL return

"I still belong, I'm better than some other guys, and I'd like another shot," Huet said recently from Europe, adding his agent had talked to "a few" NHL teams. "I'd love to come back, but I know once you are out of the League a little bit, guys tend to forget about you and that's the nature of the beast. But I still think I have something to show in the NHL, and to prove I still belong there. For me, it would be a great second chance to come back and play in the best League."
    http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...out-nhl-return

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I'll go under...but just barely. I could see him getting around 4 this year (1 every 20 games).

True/False - Bryan Bickell returns to form of two years ago after a down year last year.
    True. It can't get any worse than last year.

True/False: The Hawks take the season series with Detroit this year..