Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

    6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

    9 60.00%
Page 3572 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 25723072347235223562357035713572357335743582362236724072 ... LastLast
Results 53,566 to 53,580 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

  1. #53566
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,259
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    Because we have enough wings that aren't physical and can score. He's also going to be 36 in November. The best available fit for our top-6 would be a guy like Shane Doan who can score, but is also a very physical player and works hard to create goals.
    I agree on Shane Doan.

    I feel like there is a 95% chance he goes back to Phoenix though. The longer he waits for them, the more likely he is to go back there.

  2. #53567
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,433
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I agree on Shane Doan.

    I feel like there is a 95% chance he goes back to Phoenix though. The longer he waits for them, the more likely he is to go back there.
    I'd kick the tires on Bobby Ryan and Ryan Getzlaf. Maybe we could work out something like Leddy, prospects and picks for one of them. We'd need an extension for Getzlaf but he'd be a really good 2nd line C.

  3. #53568
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,433
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ort View Post
    True. Montador will become a casualty, either due to injury ( another concussion, which I don't wish upon him at all), poor play or a trade in which we take on a bad contract and he is thrown in the exchange.

    True/false. We see a different coach Q this year. Dealer's choice on the reason why or why not.
    False. The pressure is on Q to win this year to save his job. If he has another first round exit again, he's gone. If anything I could see him changing up the lines more to try to get the team going to save his butt.

    True/false- Leddy or Hjalmarsson is traded by the deadline.

  4. #53569
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,259
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    False. The pressure is on Q to win this year to save his job. If he has another first round exit again, he's gone. If anything I could see him changing up the lines more to try to get the team going to save his butt.

    True/false- Leddy or Hjalmarsson is traded by the deadline.
    False. I was in the group that thought Hammer would certainly be traded this offseason, but I'm backing off that stance. As it stands, the Blackhawks have a pretty deep blueline and that is something they lacked last year. I think there is definitely a chance, but it is under 50% for me at this point. Hammer has another year left after this one and Leddy is going to be a RFA - just something to think about.

    True/False - Emery plays more than 19.5 games this season.

  5. #53570
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,837
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    I'd kick the tires on Bobby Ryan and Ryan Getzlaf. Maybe we could work out something like Leddy, prospects and picks for one of them. We'd need an extension for Getzlaf but he'd be a really good 2nd line C.
    Getzlaf would be a perfect fit but he wont come cheap.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23


  6. #53571
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,837
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    False. I was in the group that thought Hammer would certainly be traded this offseason, but I'm backing off that stance. As it stands, the Blackhawks have a pretty deep blueline and that is something they lacked last year. I think there is definitely a chance, but it is under 50% for me at this point. Hammer has another year left after this one and Leddy is going to be a RFA - just something to think about.

    True/False - Emery plays more than 19.5 games this season.
    True - Emery played in 34 games last season and even in Crawford improves, I dont see a dramatic improvement.

    True/False - Excluding Carcillo, the Hawks will have a player with 100+ PIM
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23


  7. #53572
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,301
    vCash
    1500
    Do we think that Bowman is holding on any transaction until this CBA situation gets resolved? I'm still shocked about our lack of off season.

  8. #53573
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,426
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I agree on Shane Doan.

    I feel like there is a 95% chance he goes back to Phoenix though. The longer he waits for them, the more likely he is to go back there.
    Agreed. Can't see Doan in a Hawks uni. Arnott on a one-year, however, seems like Bowman type move. 50.3% FO wins last season and it'd give Kruger, Danault, and McNeill another year to develop as well.

  9. #53574
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,259
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox71 View Post
    Do we think that Bowman is holding on any transaction until this CBA situation gets resolved? I'm still shocked about our lack of off season.
    It almost seems like every GM is doing that. There are a lot of players still out there that can help in some impact. A few quality RFAs that still need to be signed. A few players that could/should get traded.

    This CBA seems like it is holding up the second wave that is usually seen in the offseason.

  10. #53575
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,837
    vCash
    1500
    I dont want to sound like a hypocrite, but does anyone else think that Jaeckel is a complete phony?

    Sure he has some nice input and very solid opinions regarding all things Blackhawks but so what?

    I understand that there isnt much going on in the Blackhawks world but it seems for the past year that his "rumors" are bogus and lately he seems to be making things up and not following up on things he claims to. Some of his rumors he gets from his "sources" are all over twitter for anyone to find.

    Thoughts on his credibility?
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23


  11. #53576
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,433
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    I dont want to sound like a hypocrite, but does anyone else think that Jaeckel is a complete phony?

    Sure he has some nice input and very solid opinions regarding all things Blackhawks but so what?

    I understand that there isnt much going on in the Blackhawks world but it seems for the past year that his "rumors" are bogus and lately he seems to be making things up and not following up on things he claims to. Some of his rumors he gets from his "sources" are all over twitter for anyone to find.

    Thoughts on his credibility?
    Yeah, I've learned over this summer that him and Eklund are both really bad. They rarely are correct in their rumors and a lot of the time seem like they're throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks. Such is the case when you deal with rumor blogs.

  12. #53577
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,433
    vCash
    1500

    Jerseys You Own

    I figured this would be a nice break from the usual rumor threads. Pretty simple: what jerseys do you own? What jerseys are you thinking about buying? Who is most likely going to be the next jersey you'll buy? I'll start us off.

    I own a Kane and a Toews jersey. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking of buying a John Tavares, a Claude Giroux, a Jordan Eberle, a Dustin Brown, a Bobby Ryan (after he gets traded), a James Neal, and a Drew Doughty jersey. Jordan Eberle is probably going to be the next jersey I'll buy.

  13. #53578
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,259
    vCash
    1500
    I actually do not own a jersey for wearing. Just not for me for one reason or another. I do have a Hull jersey and Mikita jersey, both autographed, in glass hanging up.

    I like the thread...but I love the fact that you are going for an Eberle jersey more. Love watching him play!

  14. #53579
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,433
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I actually do not own a jersey for wearing. Just not for me for one reason or another. I do have a Hull jersey and Mikita jersey, both autographed, in glass hanging up.

    I like the thread...but I love the fact that you are going for an Eberle jersey more. Love watching him play!
    Eberle's a fantastic playmaker. He's got incredible vision and passing ability. He reminds me a lot of Kane, except he's bigger. Easily one of my favorite players to watch. He tore us up this year. He was pretty much an automatic powerplay assist.

    It's not a jersey, but I also have a Mike Modano Minnesota North Stars jersey shirt that I picked up when I went to Minnesota. He and Brett Hull were part of the Stars during the first Stanley Cup I ever watched in 1999. It was also the first hockey game I ever watched and the reason to this day that I love hockey.

    After Eberle, I'd probably say Bobby Ryan would be my next jersey. Watching him deke through defenders is a sight to see, like his goal against the Preds in last year's playoffs.

    Edit: Also, I'm quite envious of your jersey collection. That's really cool.

  15. #53580
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    20,561
    vCash
    1500
    I wanted to get a Blackhawks sweater for sometime now but I think I will go with Roenick..he was my favorite player growing up and an awesome Blackhawk..

    I don't really go the current player route because of how often guys get traded or leave via free agency.

Tags for this Thread

**** the wild, 2010 stanley cup, 2011-12, 2014, 2017, all-star, allstar, anaheim, anderson, appearances, arizona, artemi, autograph signing, autographs, avalanche, backes, bad goaltending, barack, benn, best in the world, bickell, biron, black ice, blackhawks, blackhawks coyotes, bluejackets, blues, blues suck, bolts, boston, bowman, brian campbell, bruins, brunette, buffalo, bulin, byfuglien, calgary, canadiens, canes, canucks, capitals, captain serious, car crash, carbomb, carcillo, carolina, central, chalupa batman, champions, chicago, chicago black hawks, chicago blackhawks, chicago blackhawks video, christian, coach q, colorado, congrats on the cup, courage, coyotes, crawford, cristobal huet, crosby, cup, current, dale, dallas, danault, dano, darling, datsyuk, defenseman, deja vu, detoilet, detroit, devils, dont murder me, draft, ducks, duncan, edmonton, ehroff, eichel, elliot, extension, finals, flames, fleischmann, florida, flyers, former, funny, get that w, go hawks, goal, goalie, goals, gustafsson, habs, hall, hartman, hawks, hawks fans are ok, hedger, hinostroza, historic, history, hockey, hossa, huet, hurricanes, hutchinson, icehogs, igt, injury, jersey, jets, jiri, kane, kaner, karlsson, keith, kero, kieth, kings, kovy, kruger, leafs, lightning, lightning suck balls, los angeles, lundqvist, luongo, luuuuuuuser, macintyre, malkin, maple leafs, marcus, marko, marleau, mcdavid, mighty, minnesota, minny, montreal, nashville, nbc, new jersey, new york, news, nhl, nhl draft, nhl playoffs, niemi, niemi sucks, obama, oduya, oilers, onegoal, ottawa, panarin, panthers, parise, pat foley, patrick, pavelski, penguins, phoenix, phoenix coyotes, pittsburgh, playoffs, predators, preds, press conference, prospects, pussywillow, rangers, rape, rasmussen, red wings, redwings, regular, rexall, rinne, rob, robertson, rockford, roy, rozsival, rumors, saadfather, sabres, san jose, schedule, scuderi, season, sedin, sedin sisters, seguin, sekac, senators, sexual assault, shanahan is a douche, sharks, sharp, shaw, signing, single game tickets, st louis, st. louis, stache, stadium series, stamkos, stanley, stanley cup finals, stanley cup playoffs, stars, streak, svedberg, tampa bay, tarasenko, tazer, tazer bros., tcf bank, teeth, teuvo, thornton, three, tickets, toews, tomas, toronto, trade rumors, trades, vancouver, vancouver sucks, varlamov'd, versteeg, waive, waived, washington, wcqf, weber, weise, white house, wild, win, wings, winnipeg, winter classic, world, world cup, wrigley field, write-in, yotes

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •