Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3571 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 25713071347135213561356935703571357235733581362136714071 ... LastLast
Results 53,551 to 53,565 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

Quote Originally Posted by proCHIsox View Post
    True. It can't get any worse than last year.

True/False: The Hawks take the season series with Detroit this year..
    True. The Blackhawks match up well against the type of game that Detroit plays and I have some pretty big concerns about how good Detroit is going to be this year.

True/False - Saad makes the team out of camp

NHL Rumors: Would Flyers Have Interest In Niklas Hjalmarsson?

When we came into the summer, it was assumed that the Chicago Blackhawks would be unloading Niklas Hjalmarsson at some point in the offseason. That still hasn’t happened. We don’t know if it is going to, but an opportunity may have just presented itself in the form of the Philadelphia Flyers.

The Flyers lost defenseman Andrej Meszaros to an Achilles injury. He’s out indefinitely, and with an injury there, it’s probably going to be of the season ending variety before training camp even starts.

Already in need of a blue line upgrade, the Flyers just lost some depth with Meszaros. It takes a physical guy and a strong shot blocker out of the lineup. Either it will force the Flyers to move quickly on a guy like Keith Yandle or P.K. Subban, or they’ll have to roll with some younger guys out of training camp.

But Niklas Hjalmarsson may be an option for the Flyers, if they want to go a route that won’t cost them huge money or young talent, like the other two might.

Hjalmarsson isn’t going to bring the physical game like Meszaros, but he’s as good a shot blocker as anyone in the league. He’s not going to be the no. 1 d-man that the Flyers really need, but neither was Meszaros. And his $3.5 million salary for the next two years is actually cheaper than Meszaros.

On the Blackhawks side of things, Hjalmarsson is going to be a third pairing defenseman. You don’t want to pay that salary for a guy who will be on the third pairing, especially when you need a more physical presence in your blue line. The Hawks could force the Flyers to overpay, given the situation that they’re in.

There’s certainly a match for a potential trade here. Whether or not the Flyers would want to part with some young talent remains to be seen, but it’s looking more and more like they’re going to have to. The real question is, will Stan Bowman actually act?
    http://www.rantsports.com/chicago-bl...s-hjalmarsson/

Voracek, Couturier, or Brayden Schenn for Hammer. Get it done, Stan! Doubt they'd do either of those 3 so I'd probably just keep him unless they really overpay.

Edit: No way they'd trade any of those 3 for Hammer. I do wonder what they would be willing to give up if they are indeed interested in him.
    Last edited by CubbieKid17; 08-08-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    True. The Blackhawks match up well against the type of game that Detroit plays and I have some pretty big concerns about how good Detroit is going to be this year.

True/False - Saad makes the team out of camp
    True. Everyone in the organization is high on him. He'll get a serious chance to make the opening night roster and I believe he'll take it and run with it.

True/False: The Blackhawks finish the year with a top 10 powerplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman™ View Post
    True. Everyone in the organization is high on him. He'll get a serious chance to make the opening night roster and I believe he'll take it and run with it.

True/False: The Blackhawks finish the year with a top 10 powerplay.
    False - a lack of a true PP QB and someone to create havoc infront of the goalie will hurt the Blackhawks. I'm one who believes in getting the puck to the net on the power play. The Blackhawks simply don't have a Dman who is smart enough to get that low hard shot on goal (that either goes in or most likely creates a rebound) and then have someone there to finish. The fancy play is great but that isn't the best way to score goals on the power play. Play the percentages, the more hard low screened shots that you get on net...the more likely you are to score.

True/False - Corey Crawford will have a save percentage above .910%

False. This has as much (or slightly more) to do with the defense as it does Crawford himself.

On that note...

True/False - The PK will improve and be in the upper half of the league this year (top 10, I think would be too much of a stretch to even pose the question).

Quote Originally Posted by Ort View Post
    False. This has as much (or slightly more) to do with the defense as it does Crawford himself.

On that note...

True/False - The PK will improve and be in the upper half of the league this year (top 10, I think would be too much of a stretch to even pose the question).
    I'm going with False and it is for one reason...the Blackhawks are (currently) not a good team at the dot. After Toews, the Blackhawks seem to struggle. Mayers was good last year but Kruger and Bolland are terrible. With the faceoff in the defensive zone, if you win the faceoff you automatically kill off 20 seconds and then even more if the other team can't set up. If you lose the faceoff, the team sets up right away. Blackhawks need to be a whole lot better at the dot.

True/False - More than 1 prospect (Shaw doesn't count in my eyes) will make the team out of camp. Some possibilities include Saad, Morin, Pirri, Olsen, Hayes, etc.

[QUOTE=Boom!;23255810]I'm going with False and it is for one reason...the Blackhawks are (currently) not a good team at the dot. After Toews, the Blackhawks seem to struggle. Mayers was good last year but Kruger and Bolland are terrible. With the faceoff in the defensive zone, if you win the faceoff you automatically kill off 20 seconds and then even more if the other team can't set up. If you lose the faceoff, the team sets up right away. Blackhawks need to be a whole lot better at the dot.

...which is also a reason why they were so bad on the power play. They often lost that first 20 seconds of the PP when they couldn't win that first face off!!!
    Btw, also a reason why I really don't prefer sharpie or Kaner at C. We need a C that wins face offs!

I'm going with False and it is for one reason...the Blackhawks are (currently) not a good team at the dot. After Toews, the Blackhawks seem to struggle. Mayers was good last year but Kruger and Bolland are terrible. With the faceoff in the defensive zone, if you win the faceoff you automatically kill off 20 seconds and then even more if the other team can't set up. If you lose the faceoff, the team sets up right away. Blackhawks need to be a whole lot better at the dot.

True/False - More than 1 prospect (Shaw doesn't count in my eyes) will make the team out of camp. Some possibilities include Saad, Morin, Pirri, Olsen, Hayes, etc.
    True. I believe Saad will make it as everyone in the organization is high on him. I believe either Olsen or Hayes will make the team as well if they show they've improved on a few things over the summer. I also think that Beach is a darkhorse to make the team in a 4th line physical/agitator role.

True/False- Kane becomes our 2nd line C out of training camp and stays there the whole year (except on PP/PK).

couturier would be sex, but id assume wed get laughed at

Quote Originally Posted by disgruntledbull View Post
    couturier would be sex, but id assume wed get laughed at
    They'd probably laugh at us for about a minute and then hang up. I don't know if they'd even give us Matt Read for him, who I'm not overly enamored with, due to him having played only one year, albeit a very solid year. I'm not convinced that he's going to continue to put up numbers like that consistently. I also don't think we need another small winger.

Maybe Wayne Simmonds is an option. Doubt it though.

Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    True. I believe Saad will make it as everyone in the organization is high on him. I believe either Olsen or Hayes will make the team as well if they show they've improved on a few things over the summer. I also think that Beach is a darkhorse to make the team in a 4th line physical/agitator role.

True/False- Kane becomes our 2nd line C out of training camp and stays there the whole year (except on PP/PK).
    False: I do think that Kane comes out of training camp as the 2C but I do think that the experiment won't last the entire year again. While I think he is our best option at 2C, he is definitely more deadly on the wall.

True/False - Brookbank will play more games this year than Montador (I have these two as the Blackhawks #6/7 currently).

False: I do think that Kane comes out of training camp as the 2C but I do think that the experiment won't last the entire year again. While I think he is our best option at 2C, he is definitely more deadly on the wall.

True/False - Brookbank will play more games this year than Montador (I have these two as the Blackhawks #6/7 currently).
    True. Montador will become a casualty, either due to injury ( another concussion, which I don't wish upon him at all), poor play or a trade in which we take on a bad contract and he is thrown in the exchange.

True/false. We see a different coach Q this year. Dealer's choice on the reason why or why not.

Why not move Kane or Sharp to 2nd line Centre and sign Petr Sykora and stick him on one of the wings?

Quote Originally Posted by tschreiner24 View Post
    Why not move Kane or Sharp to 2nd line Centre and sign Petr Sykora and stick him on one of the wings?
    Because we have enough wings that aren't physical and can score. He's also going to be 36 in November. The best available fit for our top-6 would be a guy like Shane Doan who can score, but is also a very physical player and works hard to create goals.