Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3569 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 25693069346935193559356735683569357035713579361936694069 ... LastLast
Results 53,521 to 53,535 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by proCHIsox View Post
    False. I'm gonna say we end with Luongo/Emery.

T/F: Will Hossa be ready for the start of the season?
    True -mainly because of the labor relations situation...

Which leads me to ask:

T/F: There will be a long lockout.

vCash
    You know me a bit, Boom! - the conversations are what I consider to be important - and for the record, you also know that disagreeing in conversations isn't really the problem... it is just the way it is carried out (and I appreciate good ones that don't devolve into flame wars).

Ok- forget about that ... I am not new to hockey or hockey boards - just new to here (about in 1998 I used to post on the old Trib boards as Exiled in KC (and I was back then for the record...). But they moved their page and I stopped posting and the team just started stinking...

No goalie? Well tip the cage over, or someone find the screen with the 5 holes cut into it ... as long as there are a couple of spare skaters to keep from having the entire drop in time as a single shift- I am good to go. (Been there done that ... once... it is a killer... especially for an old fart with no wheels like myself).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by southerncross11 View Post
    True -mainly because of the labor relations situation...

Which leads me to ask:

T/F: There will be a long lockout.
    I'm going to say there will be a lockout but I think the season is played. I hope I am wrong but it is hard to know what is the mindset of the two parties involved. I ran into an ex NHL player on the golf course the other day and his opinion was that there would be a lockout. Didn't go into details but figured it was worth sharing.

True/False - Stalberg puts up 20+ goals this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    True/False - Stalberg puts up 20+ goals this year.
    I'm going to say true, but not necessarily all of them in a Blackhawks sweater...

True/False

On that note, the Hawks make a major player move, for one reason or another, during the season.

vCash
    I wonder if we got Doan, would Toews give up his number for him? I would hope Doan wouldn't make a big deal about it, considering I just got a Toews jersey, but at the same time, I haven't worn the jersey yet and could potentially return it if we were to sign Doan and Toews changed numbers for him.

Which brings up another question: What number would Toews wear then? One of my friends said he wore 16 in either high school or college, but switched to 19 because Ladd wore 16. Currently, Marcus Kruger wears 16. I doubt Toews cares that much what number he wears, but it's interesting nonetheless.

vCash
    Besides a Blackhawks fan, i am also a big Rangers fan, so i know quite a bit about what CBJ got back... Anisimov has a lot of skill, his stats just dont show it, hes a 2nd or 3rd line centre who will put in 20-25 goals a season. Dubinsky is a player every team need, strong character guy, very physical and has the abilitiy to put in 25 goals a year when playing on the right line. If he plays great the next few seasons, i could see him wear the "C" on CBJ. Erixon is probably the best player CBJ got back, he was on of NYR's top prospects and is gonna be a top 4 defenceman no doubt. So CBJ didnt get the "best" players back for Nash, but they did get a group of good players who can really help build up that team, along with Foligno and Bobrovsky. I wish the NYR were able to keep Dubinsky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    I wonder if we got Doan, would Toews give up his number for him? I would hope Doan wouldn't make a big deal about it, considering I just got a Toews jersey, but at the same time, I haven't worn the jersey yet and could potentially return it if we were to sign Doan and Toews changed numbers for him.

Which brings up another question: What number would Toews wear then? One of my friends said he wore 16 in either high school or college, but switched to 19 because Ladd wore 16. Currently, Marcus Kruger wears 16. I doubt Toews cares that much what number he wears, but it's interesting nonetheless.
    No one is ever wearing 19 besides Toews for the Hawks. He wears it his entire career and then it goes into the rafters. That's what I envision and hope at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ort View Post
    I'm going to say true, but not necessarily all of them in a Blackhawks sweater...

True/False

On that note, the Hawks make a major player move, for one reason or another, during the season.
    I like your answer...and it actually plays into my answer as well.

True - I think the Blackhawks center a trade around Stalberg, I think it is the perfect move mid-way through the season for an expiring contract of a better player. Stalberg's contract is also up at the end of this offseason and he is likely going to be asking too much for what the Blackhawks can give. Stalberg is the perfect player for a "re-building" team. He is young, still growing as a player, fast, and has size...he is the type of player that you center a trade around for a Jerome Iginla, Shane Doan (if he were to be a UFA), etc.

True/False - the top 4 on defense will look like this...(basically who fills out the last two spots - will Leddy/Brookbank/Montador be there or the other guys I have slotted in?)

Keith/Seabrook
    Oduya/Hjalmarsson

vCash
    [QUOTE=Boom!;23196023]I like your answer...and it actually plays into my answer as well.

True - I think the Blackhawks center a trade around Stalberg, I think it is the perfect move mid-way through the season for an expiring contract of a better player. Stalberg's contract is also up at the end of this offseason and he is likely going to be asking too much for what the Blackhawks can give. Stalberg is the perfect player for a "re-building" team. He is young, still growing as a player, fast, and has size...he is the type of player that you center a trade around for a Jerome Iginla, Shane Doan (if he were to be a UFA), etc.

vCash
    ^^^My thoughts exactly! The thing is, if he even had average hands, he could be a 30+ goal scorer with that speed.

vCash
    ^^^roger that. Doan can take 91 or something like that. (Not that I think doan will actually end up here.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post

Toews can just tell him #19 will go to the player with the most Conn Smythe awards...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    True/False - the top 4 on defense will look like this...(basically who fills out the last two spots - will Leddy/Brookbank/Montador be there or the other guys I have slotted in?)

Keith/Seabrook
    Oduya/Hjalmarsson
    True, only one name has a possibility of moving and at this point his $3.5million cap hit is looking like a bargain.

Over/Under: 15 goals for Marcus Kruger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman™ View Post
    True, only one name has a possibility of moving and at this point his $3.5million cap hit is looking like a bargain.

Over/Under: 15 goals for Marcus Kruger.
    Under. If Kruger gets to 10 I'll be pleasantly surprised. I just don't see the offensive game out of him.

Over/Under: 101 points (last year's total) for the Blackhawks this season

vCash
    over, but not by a whole lot. i say under 110 for the year.

true/false......Shaw hits 37 points on the season (Bolland's total from last season in 76 games)