Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Division News: Rick Nash traded to the Rangers

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...w-york-rangers

I don't know much about the players NYR are giving them but reading on the NHL forum people are really surprised that's all they got for him. Rangers just wow on their attack.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    The way Howson was holding onto this guy, I'm surprised he didn't get a kings ransom for him.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by synister281 View Post
    The way Howson was holding onto this guy, I'm surprised he didn't get a kings ransom for him.
    Yea, I was really expecting him to get a young goaltender one way or another...apparently not.

By the way...does this mean Brassard is possibly on the block?

vCash
    whoa.....no kidding

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Yea, I was really expecting him to get a young goaltender one way or another...apparently not.

By the way...does this mean Brassard is possibly on the block?
    One would have to think with Dubinsky, Anisimov and Johansen all natural centers. As far as who would go the other way, I'm sure they think highly of Stalberg haha.

That return really sucks for the Jackets. The unfortunate reality is that when a player who has a NTC demands a trade you have no bargaining leverage with the few teams that he will demand to go to. Howoson did the best he could and was certainly patient about it, but I think the only teams Nash would go to would only go up to a certain point, and he was stuck with the creme of that crop.

vCash
    Besides a Blackhawks fan, i am also a big Rangers fan, so i know quite a bit about what CBJ got back... Anisimov has a lot of skill, his stats just dont show it, hes a 2nd or 3rd line centre who will put in 20-25 goals a season. Dubinsky is a player every team need, strong character guy, very physical and has the abilitiy to put in 25 goals a year when playing on the right line. If he plays great the next few seasons, i could see him wear the "C" on CBJ. Erixon is probably the best player CBJ got back, he was on of NYR's top prospects and is gonna be a top 4 defenceman no doubt. So CBJ didnt get the "best" players back for Nash, but they did get a group of good players who can really help build up that team, along with Foligno and Bobrovsky. I wish the NYR were able to keep Dubinsky.