Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Except he really doesn't get much hate. He's slotted top 6 or 7 by pretty much everyone but you guys take that as "hate" for some reason.
    hate to a giants fan means not agreeing with them 100%
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    Ahahahahahahahahahaha

The world has changed, my friend. Many who were pious and loud about this man were proven dead wrong, and the world knows it now. It must suck to be one of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedBadMan View Post
    Eli up there with Brees Rodgers and Brady is a joke.

I would also say Big Ben is too close to those elite elite quarterbacks too, he's not 3 points from being a Drew Brees.

It's a shame Madden is so committed to over inflating all of its numerical rankings, I remember when they spread them out... Nice to see it lasted a whole one year.
    yup tom bradys a joke....eli mannings definitly better than tom brady.....................................you obviously dont know football

vCash
    After the year Vick had I don't think he should even be in the top 10 especially considering Cam Newton isn't in the top 10 and should be.

vCash
    Brady should be lower, Eli should be lower, Roethlisberger should be lower, Romo should be lower.

Stafford should be higher, Peyton should be higher, Rivers should be higher, Newton should be on the top 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METSandJETS94 View Post
    Aaron Rodgers - 99
    Tom Brady - 98
    Drew Brees - 98
    Eli Manning - 97
    Ben Roethlisberger - 95
    Peyton Manning - 93
    Philip Rivers - 92
    Matt Stafford 91
    Tony Romo - 90
    Mike Vick - 89

These are the top 10 QB ratings on Madden 13. Do you agree with the rating? How would you have rated them if you were in charge? Do you think the ratings will stay the same as the year goes on? Post your opinion.
    wtf?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METSandJETS94 View Post
    Aaron Rodgers - 99 - Agree, he is the best QB in the league, maybe even the best football player.
    Tom Brady - 98 - He's definitely up here, but I feel that Brees is better. Maybe give him a 97 or 96 to separate them.
    Drew Brees - 98 - Agreed. 2nd best quarterback in the league. Slightly worse than Rodgers.
    Eli Manning - 97 - He should be more like a 94-93. Not on the same level as these other QBs, but I expected a high rating after the Super Bowl win. I feel like it will drop to around this midway through the season.
    Ben Roethlisberger - 95 - Should be a 91. He's not on that level either.
    Peyton Manning - 93 - Maybe a 92-91. But he has the potential to go up to a 96+.
    Philip Rivers - 92 - Also should be a 91 after last years off season, but he can go up to around 95 if he bounces back.
    Matt Stafford 91 - Should be a 94-95. Next best after the top 3 IMO.
    Tony Romo - 90 - 91, same as Rivers.
    Mike Vick - 89 - Good rating, but he can go up to around a 94.
    You are such a Lions homer i swear. You say your a jets fan but its matthew stafford all day for you. he isnt that great. This whole list sucks. No Aaron rodgers is a 95 at best. these ratings are too high and are gonna make the game suck. And Besides Anyone good QB can have a spectacular season when they have dam megatron on there team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TEXASTITAN View Post
    After the year Vick had I don't think he should even be in the top 10 especially considering Cam Newton isn't in the top 10 and should be.
    vick is efiently not top 10
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak View Post
    I LOVE reading the hate Eli gets. LOVE it.
    I know right? I LOVE when people say Charlie Peprah isn't an elite safety, it makes me laugh every time. H8r's man, they are the best.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    what is a "Madden" QB?
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    There's little reason to counter that a 97 rating for Eli going into the 2012 season is more than accurate, if anything it's low based on Madden's previous ratings.

The final roster update in Madden 12 had Eli at a 98 overall, so really they've dropped him a point from where he was last rated. Why did they do this? What's the reasoning? Did he get worse since the Super Bowl? Madden was more than fair with that move, although coming off another SB win and another SB MVP where he outplayed Brady and the favored Pats has him more than proven by anyone but an idiot.

But why should Eli get a slight drop and not these other quarterbacks? Rodgers was upset in his first game, a game where he and his offense played incredibly sloppy. No loss points for that? Really?

Brady played well in the SB overall, but his INT to Blackburn was horrible, he started the first passing play of the game by holding onto the ball too long in his own endzone and ending up with a safety and as mentioned he missed a wide open Wes Welker on a throw that would have all but guaranteed a victory. That doesn't warrant a drop by a point or two like Eli got? Why, because his most recent SB ring was won SEVEN years ago?

Brees had an incredible season, really he did. But let's not pretend like we aren't aware of his advantages in that dome, and how much better he and his offense are there. The Saints also had an incredibly easy away schedule, @GB on 9/8 (before it gets cold too), @Jac, @Car, @TB, @STL (DOME BONUS), @ATL (DOME BONUS), @Ten and @MIN (DOME BONUS). That's quite a lot of dome games, 11, and quite a lot of god awful pass defenses for those road games. Also, great weather games all around. His season, as amazing as it was, came as a perfect storm. A ton of dome games, an incredibly easy schedule and a lockout season that saw passing numbers inflated across the board.

Personally, I would rate them going into the season (key detail),

Rodgers 98
    Brady 97
    Eli 97
    Brees 97

Rodgers will always have his leg advantage over these QBs, so he should always be a notch ahead.

Brady is still arguably the best QB in the game, I don't think he got enough overall credit for what he did with that roster. With Lloyd joining them I expect Brady to regain his best QB crown this season.

Eli coming off an incredible season with arguably the best clutch season in NFL history between tying the 4th quarter TD record and having another 4QC in the Super Bowl. Played an extremely tough schedule with a team ravaged by injury, went through as tough a playoff run as you can expect, and still came out on top.

Brees is a passing machine, regardless of dome/schedule assistance. However, he did get out dueled a bit by Alex Smith in that playoff game, although it wasn't for lack of effort on his part.

Start them out relatively the same, let their play this year separate the group.

vCash
    eli should be low 90's

vCash
    Eli !

vCash
    Eli isn't on the level of Brees, Rodgers, or Brady. Come on.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    There's little reason to counter that a 97 rating for Eli going into the 2012 season is more than accurate, if anything it's low based on Madden's previous ratings.

The final roster update in Madden 12 had Eli at a 98 overall, so really they've dropped him a point from where he was last rated. Why did they do this? What's the reasoning? Did he get worse since the Super Bowl? Madden was more than fair with that move, although coming off another SB win and another SB MVP where he outplayed Brady and the favored Pats has him more than proven by anyone but an idiot.

But why should Eli get a slight drop and not these other quarterbacks? Rodgers was upset in his first game, a game where he and his offense played incredibly sloppy. No loss points for that? Really?

Brady played well in the SB overall, but his INT to Blackburn was horrible, he started the first passing play of the game by holding onto the ball too long in his own endzone and ending up with a safety and as mentioned he missed a wide open Wes Welker on a throw that would have all but guaranteed a victory. That doesn't warrant a drop by a point or two like Eli got? Why, because his most recent SB ring was won SEVEN years ago?

Brees had an incredible season, really he did. But let's not pretend like we aren't aware of his advantages in that dome, and how much better he and his offense are there. The Saints also had an incredibly easy away schedule, @GB on 9/8 (before it gets cold too), @Jac, @Car, @TB, @STL (DOME BONUS), @ATL (DOME BONUS), @Ten and @MIN (DOME BONUS). That's quite a lot of dome games, 11, and quite a lot of god awful pass defenses for those road games. Also, great weather games all around. His season, as amazing as it was, came as a perfect storm. A ton of dome games, an incredibly easy schedule and a lockout season that saw passing numbers inflated across the board.

Personally, I would rate them going into the season (key detail),

Rodgers 98
    Brady 97
    Eli 97
    Brees 97

Rodgers will always have his leg advantage over these QBs, so he should always be a notch ahead.

Brady is still arguably the best QB in the game, I don't think he got enough overall credit for what he did with that roster. With Lloyd joining them I expect Brady to regain his best QB crown this season.

Eli coming off an incredible season with arguably the best clutch season in NFL history between tying the 4th quarter TD record and having another 4QC in the Super Bowl. Played an extremely tough schedule with a team ravaged by injury, went through as tough a playoff run as you can expect, and still came out on top.

Brees is a passing machine, regardless of dome/schedule assistance. However, he did get out dueled a bit by Alex Smith in that playoff game, although it wasn't for lack of effort on his part.

Start them out relatively the same, let their play this year separate the group.
    Excellent post, nice to see a new poster who is capable of defending his opinion in a civil manner and explain his reasoning clearly (both qualities are rare on PSD).

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast