Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 107
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,159
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kg1000 View Post
    The stat clowns are definitely all over this thread, but misleading the public doesn't get you a membership to any elite club or new followers like twitter. How can anyone justify Eli Manning not deserving his rating when you have QB's like Mathew Stafford, Tony Romo, Mike Vick, and Phillip Rivers who for all the talent they may possess in their arms haven't proven capable of winning a damn thing. Nothing!!! Not in college, and definitely not in the NFL. Then you have the Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady lovers who can do no wrong in their eyes, but guess what "Eli beats them consistently as well."

    So are we talking stats? Wins? Or clutch play? Because if we're talking wins or clutch play Rivers, Vick, and especially Romo should be rated in the 80's.

    For those anxious to buy New England vs. Green Bay Superbowl tickets this year, here's a hint: "Keep dreaming, because it's not going to happen." Eli will win his 3rd ring before Rodgers or Brees wins their 2nd and then maybe he can get some respect around here. Hell, if Plaxico didn't go retardo and shoot himself in the club that night Eli would probably have 3 rings right now.

    STOP HATING ON SUCCESS!!!
    Winning is the most important thing in football, but it can't really be used as a measure of whether or not a player is better than somebody else. If it could, there would be absolutely no debate that Trent Dilfer had a better career than Dan Marino, which I'm quite sure isn't the case. Eli has two rings because he played well when it mattered AND he plays on a very, very talented team. I think that Eli is better than the QBs you listed in this post, but you can't really say that just because he won more because the other QBs play on lesser teams.

    Eli's rating might be just a little bit too high, but he is in the correct general area that he should be, which is behind Rodgers/Brady/Brees and ahead of pretty much everybody else. I have more issues with Vick's rating than Eli's.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    981
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    do they give 100s in madden or is 99 the highest? cause if they give 100s and rodgers isn't, what the hell do you have to do to get one?
    Prolly not lose to NYG in his home by 2 TDs in their 1st playoff game would have helped

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    981
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by X12Celtics3 View Post
    Winning is the most important thing in football, but it can't really be used as a measure of whether or not a player is better than somebody else. If it could, there would be absolutely no debate that Trent Dilfer had a better career than Dan Marino, which I'm quite sure isn't the case. Eli has two rings because he played well when it mattered AND he plays on a very, very talented team. I think that Eli is better than the QBs you listed in this post, but you can't really say that just because he won more because the other QBs play on lesser teams.

    Eli's rating might be just a little bit too high, but he is in the correct general area that he should be, which is behind Rodgers/Brady/Brees and ahead of pretty much everybody else. I have more issues with Vick's rating than Eli's.
    Very well said

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    13,150
    vCash
    1500
    seems about right to me and Eli does deserve to be that high. i think they have everyone where they should be
    Take Notes Rook

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Flatbush, NY
    Posts
    646
    vCash
    1500
    I'm more interested in the lowest ranking 10.
    I wonder if we're gonna see a player with like a 34 rating.
    ENGLISH MOTHERF*****! DO YOU SPEAK IT?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    404
    vCash
    1500
    Usually comes out in early august...wonder why the 28th this year?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,901
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by METSandJETS94 View Post
    Not last season, but career stats, yes they're better.
    TDs and passing yards means CRAP, its all about the QB rating!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    11,378
    vCash
    1500
    I think no QB should have a 99 rating(Unless you CAP)...no particular reason, just seems unrealistic. Probably have Rodgers as a 97, and bump everyone else down 2 or 3 points.


    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    R.D
    Posts
    16,402
    vCash
    1500
    Tony Homo sucks.


    Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

    "Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hampton
    Posts
    6
    vCash
    1500
    Elle you stated it perfectly. What the hell good are stats when your team doesn't win a damn thing. Hell, Kyle Orton was putting up ridiculous offensive numbers years ago and anyone with any real football knowledge would have told you that he was a fraud. Anyone putting Rivers, Stafford, Vick, or Schaub ahead of Eli needs to get there head checked.

    On another note once again, I'm not taking much away from the likes of what Brady, Brees, and Rodgers can do, but why in the hell are people making them out to be the Michael Jordan of football.
    - Rodgers looked horrible while the Giants "D" was carving up the Packers in the playoffs, not to mention Green Bay got blown out even though the Refs seemed to give them every silly imaginable call.
    - Isn't Brees the same guy that lost to the Seahawks a year after winning the SuperBowl in horrible fashion and couldn't do what Eli did last year which is go into San Fran and get a win when it counted.
    - Tom Brady the guy with three rings, two compliments of the tuck rule and spy gate. The guy who under threw a ball to a wide open Gronk in the Superbowl causing it to get picked off and then couldn't throw a straight pass to a wide open Wes Walker with the Superbowl riding on it.

    All of these guys are very good, but overated. Please stop making these three out to be fooball gods because of fantasy football numbers...
    Last edited by kg1000; 07-31-2012 at 11:13 AM.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,495
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kg1000 View Post
    Elle you stated it perfectly. What the hell good are stats when your team doesn't win a damn thing. Hell, Kyle Orton was putting up ridiculous offensive numbers years ago and anyone with any real football knowledge would have told you that he was a fraud. Anyone putting Rivers, Stafford, Vick, or Schaub ahead of Eli needs to get there head checked.

    On another note once again, I'm not taking much away from the likes of what Brady, Brees, and Rodgers can do, but why in the hell are people making them out to be the Michael Jordan of football.
    - Rodgers looked horrible while the Giants "D" was carving up the Packers in the playoffs, not to mention Green Bay got blown out even though the Refs seemed to give them every silly imaginable call.
    - Isn't Brees the same guy that lost to the Seahawks a year after winning the SuperBowl in horrible fashion and couldn't do what Eli did last year which is go into San Fran and get a win when it counted.
    - Tom Brady the guy with three rings, two compliments of the tuck rule and spy gate. The guy who under threw a ball to a wide open Gronk in the Superbowl causing it to get picked off and then couldn't throw a straight pass to a wide open Wes Walker with the Superbowl riding on it.

    All of these guys are very good, but overated. Please stop making these three out to be fooball gods because of fantasy football numbers...
    Drew Bree's threw 39-60 404 2 touchdowns no ints vs the Seahawks last I checked he didn't play defense. Also you have a lot of excuse of why other teams won like your sad excuses of why Brady has one 3 rings yet it's been well known that the seattle stadium was designed to be the loudest stadium of all stadiums and any team travel to there usually has a tough time playing them.

    To think the Brady brees and Rodgers isn't light years better is foolish. Last I checked Eli hasn't came close to putting up the number any of these 3 have!! Last I checked it took an entire team to win a game but if you break down individual performances win or lose those three game in game out play at a higher level more yards more tds higher completion percentage.

    What I'm trying to say is your argument is weak at best. Matter of fact it makes no logical sense. This is about madden rating players based off individual accomplishments not team accomplishments. I get you like Eli and dont get me wrong he is a second tier qb. But there is a good amount of difference between a second tier qb and the elite qbs.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,901
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    Tony Homo sucks.
    lets stick to facts rather then opinions

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    22,195
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by METSandJETS94 View Post
    Aaron Rodgers - 99
    Tom Brady - 98
    Drew Brees - 98
    Eli Manning - 97 89
    Ben Roethlisberger - 95
    Peyton Manning - 93
    Philip Rivers - 92
    Matt Stafford 91 88
    Tony Romo - 90
    Mike Vick - 89 87
    Bolded the changes I would make. Eli being so high is really the only thing they got laughably wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

    Trill Team

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    22,195
    vCash
    1500
    Imagine how good the Giants would be if Eli was actually as good as Giants fans think... scary.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

    Trill Team

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hampton
    Posts
    6
    vCash
    1500
    The only thing laughably wrong like I stated is making Rodgers, Brees, and Brady into football Gods. To make an excuse about Seattle's stadium being the loudest in the league is a foolish reason why someone you consider great couldn't win a game for his team. Brees throwing for 404 yds and 2 touchdowns is like Mark Sanchez throwing for 180yds with 1 TD. All the Saints do is throw. Yeah, he doesn't play defense, but he does lead the offense and had they kept scoring they would have won, but they didn't and they lost. As to Brady, Eli is the Brady killer. Enough said! Like I stated stop hyping these guys up because of fantasy football numbers and judge them off of what they do when it counts. By the way, you look at Brees numbers outside in cold weather stadiums compared to inside a dome and you tell me if Eli and other 2nd tier QB's in your mind don't compare. Any idiot can figure out that the only way Brees and New Orleans will win anything is with home field advantage. Without it their toast.

    Oh yeah, and one more thing: All three of those QB's if you look at the last 5-10yrs are playing in the weakest divisions in the NFL especially Brees and Brady. You can pick two sorry *ss teams if not three out of all of their divisions.
    Last edited by kg1000; 07-31-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •