Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I hate to repeat what has already been said, but Eli does not deserve that ranking, Super Bowl or not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedBadMan View Post
    I would also say Big Ben is too close to those elite elite quarterbacks too, he's not 3 points from being a Drew Brees.
    You're right; he's just been two guards and an offensive coordinator away from being a Drew Brees. On second thought, the Madden rating must have docked one point for each of those extra obstacles that he's had to deal with, so maybe the rating makes sense after all.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles710 View Post
    i know this will come off as me being a Giant Hater, which i am.... But in no way EVER should eli be a 97!!! .

Question for everyone as well..... Ever thought you would see ELI ranked higher then peyton lol?
    If thats the case Vick should be rated an 80 since he never is able to play a full season and has average throwing numbers.

vCash
    I would put Eli at 92-93

Newton at 90.

Other than that can't complain too much.

vCash
    It's funny how everyone doesn't think Eli is in the same league as Rodgers, Brees, and Brady, yet a lot of people consider him elite. Maybe I have a different definition of elite than other people do. I consider elite to be players in the top tier at their position. Eli is in the next tier. Therefore, he isn't elite.

vCash

Angry The truth shall set you free

The stat clowns are definitely all over this thread, but misleading the public doesn't get you a membership to any elite club or new followers like twitter. How can anyone justify Eli Manning not deserving his rating when you have QB's like Mathew Stafford, Tony Romo, Mike Vick, and Phillip Rivers who for all the talent they may possess in their arms haven't proven capable of winning a damn thing. Nothing!!! Not in college, and definitely not in the NFL. Then you have the Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady lovers who can do no wrong in their eyes, but guess what "Eli beats them consistently as well."

So are we talking stats? Wins? Or clutch play? Because if we're talking wins or clutch play Rivers, Vick, and especially Romo should be rated in the 80's.

For those anxious to buy New England vs. Green Bay Superbowl tickets this year, here's a hint: "Keep dreaming, because it's not going to happen." Eli will win his 3rd ring before Rodgers or Brees wins their 2nd and then maybe he can get some respect around here. Hell, if Plaxico didn't go retardo and shoot himself in the club that night Eli would probably have 3 rings right now.

STOP HATING ON SUCCESS!!!
    Last edited by kg1000; 07-31-2012 at 08:35 AM.

vCash
    peyton manning is the best qb of all time he should be 100 until he shows signs that he fell of. Eli 97 is a joke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kg1000 View Post
    The stat clowns are definitely all over this thread, but misleading the public doesn't get you a membership to any elite club or new followers like twitter. How can anyone justify Eli Manning not deserving his rating when you have QB's like Mathew Stafford, Tony Romo, Mike Vick, and Phillip Rivers who for all the talent they may possess in their arms haven't proven capable of winning a damn thing. Nothing!!! Not in college, and definitely not in the NFL. Then you have the Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady lovers who can do no wrong in their eyes, but guess what "Eli beats them consistently as well."

So are we talking stats? Wins? Or clutch play? Because if we're talking wins or clutch play Rivers, Vick, and especially Romo should be rated in the 80's.

For those anxious to buy New England vs. Green Bay Superbowl tickets this year, here's a hint: "Keep dreaming, because it's not going to happen." Eli will win his 3rd ring before Rodgers or Brees wins their 2nd and then maybe he can get some respect around here. Hell, if Plaxico didn't go retardo and shoot himself in the club that night Eli would probably have 3 rings right now.

STOP HATING ON SUCCESS!!!
    Because football is a team sport. Eli didn't win last year, the Giants did. Should every player on the Giants be rated higher than every other player because they barely made the playoffs and got hot and won 4 games in a row?

We're definitely talking stats, which is why Stafford, Romo, Rivers, and Vick are all up there. They probably all should be higher than Eli but they give Eli the benefit of the doubt because he is coming off of his 2nd Super Bowl win. He'll be back down below them midway through the season though.

vCash
    It seems like everybody keep saying Eli should be lower but have no idea how they came up with his rating. Ppl just keep saying he should be lower but what are you going to drop? His arm strength? His awareness? His play-action? His throw on the run? Its just " He shouldn't be that close to Brady,Brees,Rodgers but until you know what ALL of his attributes are how are you going to lower him. Yeah I know Eli sucks b/cuz he never has had a losing season,won two super bowls,won two super bowl Mvps,coming off a season where he basically threw for 5000 yards and knocked out 3 QBs who ppl say should be rated higher in Rodgers,Brady and Romo( eliminated them from making the playoffs)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METSandJETS94 View Post
    Because football is a team sport. Eli didn't win last year, the Giants did. Should every player on the Giants be rated higher than every other player because they barely made the playoffs and got hot and won 4 games in a row?

We're definitely talking stats, which is why Stafford, Romo, Rivers, and Vick are all up there. They probably all should be higher than Eli but they give Eli the benefit of the doubt because he is coming off of his 2nd Super Bowl win. He'll be back down below them midway through the season though.

You do know that ratings are not based on stats right? And where do you get that Romo,Vick & Rivers had "better" stats than Eli?

vCash
    The first thing that jumped out to me was that Big Ben was rated a little too high. I also think Romo should be a little higher, higher than Stafford and Rivers.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Aaron Rodgers - 99
    Tom Brady - 98
    Drew Brees - 98
    Tony Romo - 95
    Matt Stafford - 93
    Matt Schaub - 93
    Eli Manning - 92
    Peyton Manning 91
    Ben Rothlisberger - 90
    Matt Ryan - 89

besides Peyton in the 8th spot, this was the line up for the best QB rating list last year. Feel free to check out NFL.com
    Last edited by VJ18; 07-31-2012 at 09:02 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    You do know that ratings are not based on stats right? And where do you get that Romo,Vick & Rivers had "better" stats than Eli?
    Not last season, but career stats, yes they're better.

vCash
    do they give 100s in madden or is 99 the highest? cause if they give 100s and rodgers isn't, what the hell do you have to do to get one?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METSandJETS94 View Post
    Not last season, but career stats, yes they're better.
    I can't go with that. Stats can be very misleading, if you're putting up good stats but not winning or not winning specifically when it counts then those "stats" are meaningless. Rivers,Romo and Vick have not showed they can WIN anything important. The only thing they have showed is that they're all under "Offensive cordinators" masked as head coaches who are more interested in looking like an offensive genius than they are in winning. Andy Reid,Norv Turner,Jason Garrett, all offensive coaches and what have they won? Nothing, but their stats look great. Tom Coughlin, defensive coach, what has he and Eli won? You already know that answer. You have to look deeper into the numbers,its not just " who ever has more had a better yr". Its a a lot of "FAKE STATS" out here

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast