Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the biggest threat to the Giants in the NFC East?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cowboys

4 12.90%
  • Eagles

13 41.94%
  • Skins

14 45.16%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Eagles say Vick has rib contusion

Posted by Mike Florio on August 21, 2012, 6:12 PM EDT

Reuters
    When it comes to disclosing injury information about players at a time when the team has no obligation to do so, the Eagles are as candid as any NFL team.

And far more candid than most teams.

On Tuesday, they applied that candor to their starting quarterback, announcing that both an MRI and a CT scan “revealed no broken bones and no fractured cartilage” for Mike Vick, who was injured Monday night against the Patriots. The team also announced that Vick “has a contusion of his ribs and of the soft tissue area surrounding it.”

Technically, the Eagles had no obligation to say anything about Vick until the Wednesday preceding the Week One game against the Browns. Even then, all the Eagles had to say was whether and to what extent he practiced.

Today’s announcement by the Eagles essentially confirms that he’ll be able to play when the Eagles return to Cleveland for the September 9 opener.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rib-contusion/

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Vick only plays one way....and that's with reckless abandon.....that's not good. He also plays with an attitude and with his emotions instead of his brain. SELFISH!

Can't say that I feel sorry for him....or Whitten.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    I've caught a little of all the Skins preseason games. RGIII looks pretty bad ***. More importantly their D is getting more and more legit by the year. Very aggressive. ALthough hard to tell today since that Indy o-line is soooo bad.

vCash
    Calvin Watkins‏@calvinwatkins

Jason Witten has caught some passes and has moved around a lot. Status for week 1 is still uncertain.

Jason Garrett said Jay Ratliff did some walkthrough stuff and didn't have crutches.

vCash
    Both will play

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Foles looks really good, that sucks since they might have someone to justify dumping Vick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    Foles looks really good, that sucks since they might have someone to justify dumping Vick
    Eh....Kafka looked good....Kolb looked good.....we'll see. They're married to Vick with that contract right now.

vCash
    So for all the people on here who kept asking how its possible that the Eagles have so much cap room ($20 mil currently I think) with all those contracts and I said its cause they're all back-loaded contracts.......check this out!

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
    Eagles are projected to be a minimum of $12 M over the cap next year.
    Also says a lot about them investing all this time into their young QBs. If Vick goes down again they'll have to get out of that contract.

vCash

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    So for all the people on here who kept asking how its possible that the Eagles have so much cap room ($20 mil currently I think) with all those contracts and I said its cause they're all back-loaded contracts.......check this out!

Also says a lot about them investing all this time into their young QBs. If Vick goes down again they'll have to get out of that contract.
    They can dump a lot of that into this year though.

We need some young guys to step up so we can trade some contracts like Rolle/Canty

vCash
    Brandon Carr is “fed up” with Giants success

Posted by Josh Alper on September 4, 2012, 11:40 AM EDT

AP
    Everybody wants to knock off a winner.

That desire only grows when you’ve been able to win two Super Bowls in the last five years, something that the Giants will learn this season. You get everyone’s best shot, starting on Wednesday night when the Cowboys roll into Jersey to take their shot at knocking off the defending champs.

It’s something the Cowboys really want to do. Several members of the team have talked about being excited when the schedule was released and now cornerback Brandon Carr has weighed in with thoughts on how much he wants what the Giants have achieved twice in the last five years.

“[The Giants] have had great success, winning two Super Bowls in five years, and I think guys are kind of getting tired of seeing that. Now it’s to the point guys are getting fed up. It’s pretty much the attitude, ‘When is it going to be our time?’” Carr said, via Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post. “I can feel the anticipation. I’ve been hearing about [the Giants] for a long time now, and we’re all just ready to go out there and play them. We love getting the first crack at the defending Super Bowl champions.”

The first step to making it their time is beating the Giants on Wednesday night. Since they’re 2-7 in their last nine against their NFC East rivals, that’s something easier said than done for Dallas.

Hubbuch deemed this bulletin board material, which is a bit of a stretch. If the Giants were operating under the illusion that they would be playing teams with no interest in winning games, this would be something that belongs on a bulletin board. We’re guessing Tom Coughlin has enlightened them to the desires of the other team, though.

This is actually closer to the kind of respect that the Giants have been looking for all offseason. Instead of hearing about other teams beating themselves, the Cowboys are talking about how much it would mean to beat the Giants. The other 12 teams to play them this season will likely feel the same way, which means Carr isn’t likely to be the last player waxing on about how much he wants to beat the Giants.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...iants-success/

vCash
    Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏@AKinkhabwala
    The Redskins have signed former NYG, Notre Dame and Don Bosco RB Ryan Grant. Add 1 to the NFL's tally of Jersey guys.
    https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/sta...84813245374464

vCash
    Eagles coach Andy Reid fires Juan Castillo; names Todd Bowles defensive coordinator
    Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...#ixzz29TiDdwgd
    Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

Reid finds another scape goat for his problems. Ball security, pass protection, Michael Vick and offensive play-calling are the problems.....so fire your defensive coordinator haha.

And who'd a thought that it was a bad idea making your offensive line coach a defensive coordinator in the first place??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...#ixzz29TiDdwgd
    Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

Reid finds another scape goat for his problems. Ball security, pass protection, Michael Vick and offensive play-calling are the problems.....so fire your defensive coordinator haha.

And who'd a thought that it was a bad idea making your offensive line coach a defensive coordinator in the first place??
    This may be the smartest move Andy Reid makes all year. Wait, nevermind. He still has to bench Vick for Foles and give the ball to McCoy about 50 times more a game.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Andy Reid fat *** is next.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    RG3 & the Redskins are our public enemy #1, period (that means I believe the Redskins are the most threatening)
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast