Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the biggest threat to the Giants in the NFC East?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cowboys

4 12.90%
  • Eagles

13 41.94%
  • Skins

14 45.16%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Wow. I don't know why either side would want that. Philly needs a defensive minded hard ***. Kelly could have coached there until he was 70. Love Oregon, don't care about Kelly, but makes no sense to me. If anything I thought they'd go Lovie Smith or maybe a coach experienced in QB training who can bring Foles along.
    I mean he is obviously trying to get out of there before their sanctions come out (which is inevitable)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGTom View Post
    I mean he is obviously trying to get out of there before their sanctions come out (which is inevitable)
    Ha interesting point actually.

vCash
    I think it's absolute BS they can just avoid sanctions and run to the NFL leaving their old college in the ****.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    I think it's absolute BS they can just avoid sanctions and run to the NFL leaving their old college in the ****.
    Eh, he's a part of the problem, but not the head of it, so doesn't matter much IMO. If head a boss that says "we're not doing this" then he wouldn't have the chance.

vCash
    Idk G I agree with him, don't get me wrong you have a valid point but the fact these guys can take off like that with no penalties is bs..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Idk G I agree with him, don't get me wrong you have a valid point but the fact these guys can take off like that with no penalties is bs..
    Well yeah, the escape route thing is bull, but I'm not sure how much blame really lands on the coach anyway. We're talking recruitment violations right?

vCash
    Well yeah, the escape route thing is bull, but I'm not sure how much blame really lands on the coach anyway. We're talking recruitment violations right?
    Yea basically, really any kind of violations where the coach just takes off.. It's funny that Kelly went back to Oregon then NCAA police show up and the next day he signs with the Eagles lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    The big question for me is, can Monte's defense be as good as it was when he was in Tampa? My guess is no for a couple of reasons. 1) He does not have Warren Sapp as his DT. Sapp was a huge part of that success. Nothing like having a guy in the middle that can not only stop the run, but collapse the pocket as well. 2) Offenses have changed very drastically from when he was in the NFL. Team like the Redskins are employing the read option and his defense at USC could not handle it. 3) Its a big change going from a 3-4 to a 4-3, let alone going to a Cover 2 type of defense. They will have a great DE in Ware and a very good MLB in Lee, but that is pretty much it up front. 4) The Cowboys don't really have much cap room to make any real impact move for a frontline defender. The also don't have the front office personnel to find the diamond in the rough that the Giants have been able to find in FA.

This is all my opinion.
    you have some strong points, very convincing, the DT spot might hurt them....but what happens when they trade up in the draft again and get another defensive "Star"? if you know what I mean, things could go right for dallas in a snap...like what NY007 said, hiring Kiffin was the best move Jerry Jones has done since trading away Hershel Walker back in the first years that Jones took over as the Owner....I'll be honest and say I don't know much on how the salary cap business works besides the basics, but I think big name players like Jenkins (who I hope the Giants can pick up) and Spencer might walk away, so they could be the beneficiary of signing a injury-prone KP at the right price, and all Osi cares about is being a true starter, so Kiffin might convince him that job can be for his taking, so at a reasonable price, he could join them, but I don't want that to happen...the funny thing is that, even though it didn't look like it happened, the Giants did a decent job of containing RG3 compared to what other teams did, and it would of looked that way if JPP or a couple defenders didn't make a bone-head move and give RG3 an alley to run through....if we could slow down RG3, I'm sure Dallas could as well if they change..
    Last edited by cowboyskilla; 01-22-2013 at 01:08 AM.
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Giants LB coach Jim Hermann is interviewing for Eagles defensive coordinator job, per league source.
    Our last LB coach to become DC was Sheridan.....so there's that.

vCash
    Don't even say that name

vCash

vCash
    REPORT: VICK WON’T BE CUT BY CONTRACT DEADLINE -

Don’t expect to see the Philadelphia Eagles cut ties with Michael Vick. At least not yet.

The Philadelphia Inquirer reported Tuesday the team won’t release Vick before a Wednesday deadline that guarantees the quarterback $3 million.

If that’s the case, the Eagles will have until March 12 (the start of free agency) to make a decision. Vick will attract interest on the open market, and the Eagles will be off the hook financially as long as Vick’s new team pays him at least $3 million. Vick won’t get another $100 million deal, but he will get that.

It remains to be seen if Vick would be willing to renegotiate his $15.5 million salary in 2013, or if the Eagles would even be interested. Vick is a hypothetical fit in Chip Kelly’s world, but injuries and back-to-back rough seasons might dictate a change in scenery for the 32-year-old quarterback.

Another name on the Eagles’ radar is Dennis Dixon, who just finished a season as a scout team quarterback for the Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens and played under Kelly at Oregon. Dixon’s agent told The Baltimore Sun that the Eagles are in talks about a potential deal.

(Source: NFL.com)
    http://nflnewsandtalk.tumblr.com/pos...tract-deadline

They gotta test the trade waters at least. I can see Chip Kelly wanting to play around with Vick at QB, but Foles has to be the guy this year.

Lots of QB needy teams and not a big QB draft. Cardinals won't be able to trade within the division for Smith or Flynn, so this might be their best option.

vCash
    http://nflnewsandtalk.tumblr.com/pos...tract-deadline

They gotta test the trade waters at least. I can see Chip Kelly wanting to play around with Vick at QB, but Foles has to be the guy this year.

Lots of QB needy teams and not a big QB draft. Cardinals won't be able to trade within the division for Smith or Flynn, so this might be their best option.
    Foles doesn't fit Kelly's offense, he's a pure pocket qb. I don't think Kelly knows how to run a offense without a running qb running the read option.

I've heard they're going after Dixon lol

vCash
    I heard the Dixon rumor too. That'd be hilarious. I know he wants mobility, but Vick will be injured and turning the ball over. Kelly needs a young guy to coach, not damaged goods.

vCash
    I heard the Dixon rumor too. That'd be hilarious. I know he wants mobility, but Vick will be injured and turning the ball over. Kelly needs a young guy to coach, not damaged goods.
    Eagle fans might blow up the vet if they don't cut Vick lol

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast