Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Last edited by Bob_at_york; 10-29-2012 at 12:57 PM.

vCash
    murphy is now in my top 20 as well.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    murphy is now in my top 20 as well.
    #1 with a bullet.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Thanks James Paxton for not coming to the Jays too.
    I was at the front of the lynching party for Paxton but, now I'm real sweet on him. He'll be called up this year if not starting in Apr. I hope AA pulls a deal off as SEA needs a bat. I really want him.

Was he drafted by JP or AA?
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by billyen View Post
    i was at the front of the lynching party for paxton but, now i'm real sweet on him. He'll be called up this year if not starting in apr. I hope aa pulls a deal off as sea needs a bat. I really want him.

Was he drafted by jp or aa?
    jp

vCash
    Paxton has been solid the past 2 years, but as much as I love Canadian content on Canada's team, he is nothing I would over if AA somehow acquired him this off season. He is a good prospect, and may be good down the road, but he isn't something that is going to help the Jays in 2013. He only pitched 105 Innings last year and he hasn't thrown a pitch above AA. He won't be ready to go a full season in the big leagues any time before 2014 at the earliest...and probably more like 2015.

If AA is talking trade with the Mariners for "prospects", I hope he is talking to them about Hultzen, Zunino or Capps. I wonder if AA could get:

Mike Zunino,Carter Capps and Stefan Romero

for

JPA,Escobar, Lincoln and Norris.

vCash
    I get the Paxton fascination. but the Jays have their trio already. Along with Osuna, Norris, etc, the Jays have quite a bit of pitching.

I don't see Seattle trading Paxton unless its an elite bat and unless the Jays are ready to give up on Joey Bats, it's not happening! And I don't see why the Jays would trade Bats for a prospect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Paxton has been solid the past 2 years, but as much as I love Canadian content on Canada's team, he is nothing I would over if AA somehow acquired him this off season. He is a good prospect, and may be good down the road, but he isn't something that is going to help the Jays in 2013. He only pitched 105 Innings last year and he hasn't thrown a pitch above AA. He won't be ready to go a full season in the big leagues any time before 2014 at the earliest...and probably more like 2015.

If AA is talking trade with the Mariners for "prospects", I hope he is talking to them about Hultzen, Zunino or Capps. I wonder if AA could get:

for

No AA could not get him. Because rebuilding teams do not trade high upside prospects for a pile of garbage.

vCash

for

Zunino is untouchable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Zunino is untouchable
    Also can't be dealt until the summer.

Pretty sure the 1 year untradeable clause is still in this CBA.

vCash
    I get the Paxton fascination. but the Jays have their trio already. Along with Osuna, Norris, etc, the Jays have quite a bit of pitching.

I don't see Seattle trading Paxton unless its an elite bat and unless the Jays are ready to give up on Joey Bats, it's not happening! And I don't see why the Jays would trade Bats for a prospect.
    And Paxton not signing meant there was a compensation pick in the following year - this ended up becoming Syndergaard.
    2012-2013 Offseason Shopping List

1. Starting Pitcher - Josh Johnson
    2. Second Baseman - Maicer Izturis
    3. Left Fielder - Melky Cabrera
    4. Starting Pitcher - Mark Buehrle
    5. Designated Hitter
    6. Backup Infielder - Emilio Bonifacio
    7. Replace Alvarez - R.A. Dickey (!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILDD View Post
    And Paxton not signing meant there was a compensation pick in the following year - this ended up becoming Syndergaard.
    Syndergaard > Paxton. Glad he didn't sign if it meant we lost out on Syndergaard.

vCash
    Zunino is untouchable
    I figure that is the case..but if they got catcher in return under contract for a long time I thought they may bite. I forgot he was just draft last year though and he couldn't be traded yet when I was putting that one together.

What about:

Carter Capps and Stefan Romero

for

Yunel Escobar

vCash
    I figure that is the case..but if they got catcher in return under contract for a long time I thought they may bite. I forgot he was just draft last year though and he couldn't be traded yet when I was putting that one together.

What about:

Carter Capps and Stefan Romero

for

Yunel Escobar
    No chance. Romero is a power hitting 2nd basemen. He's kinda like the Sean Nolin of the Jays this year when it comes to the M's minor league system -- a guy no one kept track of but came out of nowhere.

Plus, as much as the Jays want to get rid of him, many teams out there probably don't want to touch him.

vCash
    For anyone following the Arizona stuff....

MLB Network will broadcast three Arizona Fall League games in November: the Rising Stars Game, the Military Appreciation Game and the Championship Game.

The broadcasts will showcase some of Major League Baseball's premier young talent. Such stars as Ryan Braun, Andrew McCutchen, Buster Posey, Stephen Strasburg, Bryce Harper and Mike Trout each participated in one of the first six Rising Stars Games.

The seventh annual contest will be televised at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday from Salt River Fields at Talking Stick. Astros pitching prospect Jarred Cosart, representing the Mesa Solar Sox and East Division team, will square off against Twins right-hander Kyle Gibson of the Peoria Javelinas and West Division club.

MLB Network will air the Military Appreciation Game, a tilt between the Scottsdale Scorpions and Surprise Saguaros at Surprise Stadium at 8 p.m. ET on Nov. 10.

At 3 p.m. ET on Nov. 17, the network will broadcast the Championship Game, which pits the top two clubs from the six-team league at Scottsdale Stadium.

MLB Network's Paul Severino and Tom Verducci will call all three televised contests.

Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast