Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 1027
  1. #616
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    25,086
    vCash
    1500
    Austin Wilson in the draft or bust. That's what I am going to be saying until draft day. I have wanted that ****er for so long. Please get him!
    TAKE PRIDE

  2. #617
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    1,906
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    Austin Wilson in the draft or bust. That's what I am going to be saying until draft day. I have wanted that ****er for so long. Please get him!
    I like the added defensive value Wilson has, but Kris Bryant looks like a ****ing monster with the stick. I don't care if he's a 1B only, 14 bombs in 57 games and walking more than you strike out...as a sophomore...he could be an elite offensive player.

  3. #618
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    windsor
    Posts
    1,935
    vCash
    1500
    Hopefully we don't go on a tear and screw up a good draft position.....arg

  4. #619
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    1,906
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    Hopefully we don't go on a tear and screw up a good draft position.....arg
    Known as 'pulling a Maple Leafs'.

  5. #620
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    1,906
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    Hopefully we don't go on a tear and screw up a good draft position.....arg
    3 vs. Tampa
    4 vs. Baltimore
    5 vs. NYY
    3 vs. Minnesota

    The rest of the month is TOUGH.

  6. #621
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    10,855
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by broncosfan_101 View Post
    3 vs. Tampa
    4 vs. Baltimore
    5 vs. NYY
    3 vs. Minnesota

    The rest of the month is TOUGH.
    Yeah except for Minnesota -- the battle of tanking teams. Expect 12-10 games in those ones.

  7. #622
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    10,855
    vCash
    1500
    Agreed, drafting for need is dumb since most of the players dont pan out, especially high schoolers.

    Im not a fan of drafting college over high school most of the time but when you got a college kid tearing it up with five tool potential, you take him over a high schooler most of the time.

  8. #623
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Toronto/London
    Posts
    2,837
    vCash
    1500
    Its actually funny to see players, who by many were not seen as high ceiling players during their highschool tenure, touted as players with high potential at the end of their college tenure. The player that comes to mind is Strasburg. He was passed on by every team in the 2006 draft, only to be touted as a once in a generation type of talent by 2009

  9. #624
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    28,121
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by broncosfan_101 View Post
    I like the added defensive value Wilson has, but Kris Bryant looks like a ****ing monster with the stick. I don't care if he's a 1B only, 14 bombs in 57 games and walking more than you strike out...as a sophomore...he could be an elite offensive player.
    if only that piece of **** signed with us when we drafted him a few years ago

    props to vick27m

    "Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

  10. #625
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    1,906
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    if only that piece of **** signed with us when we drafted him a few years ago
    Well, he got 3 years of free education, and is on pace to receive a bonus at least 5x what we offered...so good for him for clearly making a great decision. Provided he plays well this year, of course. And there's a good chance we'll have a chance to pick him again anyways.

  11. #626
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    10,855
    vCash
    1500
    Jays can still get Bryant. Just at around $3 mil now. I wouldnt mind Bryant but knowing how the Jays pick they will probably look deep at high school pitching or outfielders before 1st or 3rd base. But as someone else said, go with the best available and if Bryant is available at 6th/7th, take him. He'll be a monster. So will Wilson..remember the Jays were also 11th just a few days ago and not much separates them from teams like the Mets and Marlins. If the Jays slip past 10th they have no chance on Bryant and likely wont get Wilson either who may go as high as 5th or 6th, but may slip even to 10th or 11th.

    At this point Im just praying for a 12 game losing streak lol.

    Mark Appel will also likely slip down as no one wants to touch him cause of Boras -- so the only realistic guys ahead of Bryant at this point is Austin Meadows, Ryne Stanek and Sean Manaea. Hollon has slipped cause of injury concerns. I havent checked why Martinez slipped. Obviously between now and next June you'll see more shuffling of guys, but Meadows, Stanek, Bryant and Wilson seem consistent enough that they'll be taken high.

  12. #627
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    25,086
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by broncosfan_101 View Post
    I like the added defensive value Wilson has, but Kris Bryant looks like a ****ing monster with the stick. I don't care if he's a 1B only, 14 bombs in 57 games and walking more than you strike out...as a sophomore...he could be an elite offensive player.
    You absolutely cannot go wrong with either. I have just been in love with Wilson since the first time I saw his highlight video. I really wanted him when he entered the draft. He's gigantic, with great power, and a gorgeous swing. Bryant could very well be the next Joey Votto. I genuinely would do anything to be able to get both, but if we get either I will not be upset. But I really love Wilson so I prefer him. Again, not upset regardless. I think a dream scenario, though a long shot, would be drafting and signing one, and having the other go unsigned by his drafted team, and then drafting him the following year, so we get both. Wont happen, but I can dream.
    TAKE PRIDE

  13. #628
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    596
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    if only that piece of **** signed with us when we drafted him a few years ago
    Re Bryant: I believe he wanted $1.5mm, which is what we gave to Dickie Joe Thon. It was one or the other.

  14. #629
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    29,280
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    if only that piece of **** signed with us when we drafted him a few years ago
    Bomber with another insightful post. Thought you were done posting around here in protest or something? anyways, maybe you should take a look at how many high school draftees get drafted and still go to college. If they aren't picked early they go. Do you want $80,000 now or a million a few years from now? pretty easy answer.

  15. #630
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    1,906
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Jays can still get Bryant. Just at around $3 mil now. I wouldnt mind Bryant but knowing how the Jays pick they will probably look deep at high school pitching or outfielders before 1st or 3rd base. But as someone else said, go with the best available and if Bryant is available at 6th/7th, take him. He'll be a monster. So will Wilson..remember the Jays were also 11th just a few days ago and not much separates them from teams like the Mets and Marlins. If the Jays slip past 10th they have no chance on Bryant and likely wont get Wilson either who may go as high as 5th or 6th, but may slip even to 10th or 11th.

    At this point Im just praying for a 12 game losing streak lol.

    Mark Appel will also likely slip down as no one wants to touch him cause of Boras -- so the only realistic guys ahead of Bryant at this point is Austin Meadows, Ryne Stanek and Sean Manaea. Hollon has slipped cause of injury concerns. I havent checked why Martinez slipped. Obviously between now and next June you'll see more shuffling of guys, but Meadows, Stanek, Bryant and Wilson seem consistent enough that they'll be taken high.
    Speaking of the Mets and Marlins, they've got 6 games against each other yet! So while that might be bad news for us getting all the way to 6th, it should all but guarantee us 7th, so long as we don't rip off a stupid winning streak at any point. A game back of 6th (although we don't have the tiebreaker against either I don't think), so anything's possible.

Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •