Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    vCash
    1500

    Carlos Villanueva

    I haven't heard much about CV lately. Personally I like him and hope that the Jays are able to re-sign him. Apparently he wants a guarantee that he will have a spot in the starting rotation before he re-signs though. I like him but I'm not sure he should be guaranteed a spot in the rotation. I would like to see him and J.A. Happ compete for the #5 spot if the Jays don't acquire another starter. Your thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    30,451
    vCash
    1500
    He's likely waiting for the market to thin out before signing anywhere. I think it's pretty clear at this point, he's not coming back. He wants too much money for a guy his age who really isn't proven as a starter. Almost no chance he comes back unless no one offers him a big contract which is unlikely.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Toronto/London
    Posts
    2,837
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    He's likely waiting for the market to thin out before signing anywhere. I think it's pretty clear at this point, he's not coming back. He wants too much money for a guy his age who really isn't proven as a starter. Almost no chance he comes back unless no one offers him a big contract which is unlikely.
    Completely agree.

    Just on a side note, Its funny to see the Royals give players such as Guthrie a huge contract. I would rather give such a contract to Villanueva than him.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    vCash
    1500
    Have you heard what his asking price is?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    30,451
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by t-bone1976 View Post
    Have you heard what his asking price is?
    https://www.google.ca/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
    Completely agree.

    Just on a side note, Its funny to see the Royals give players such as Guthrie a huge contract. I would rather give such a contract to Villanueva than him.
    Yeah the Guthrie signing was a bit of a head scratcher to me, but that goes to show how desperate the Royals are for pitching.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    You posted a link to Google, but I don't see anything right off hand when I search for his contract demands.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    30,451
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by t-bone1976 View Post
    You posted a link to Google, but I don't see anything right off hand when I search for his contract demands.
    That was a joke.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,588
    vCash
    1500
    Cv is all but gone...forgotten...move on.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    688
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    That was a joke.
    not a good one...
    Kramer Champlin scared the "Devil" right out of the Tampa Bay Rays' team name.
    Kramer Champlin once struck out 27 batters in a game... using wiffle balls.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,574
    vCash
    1500
    He's not a 0-3 guy and that's what AA is looking for.

    JV contributed admirably during his 2 years here, but it's not a fit. Hope he does well elsewhere.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,046
    vCash
    1500
    I'd much rather have Oswalt for similar money but a lot less time commitment.

    Would push Happ into the bullpen and to be the 6th starter when needed.
    2012-2013 Offseason Shopping List

    1. Starting Pitcher - Josh Johnson
    2. Second Baseman - Maicer Izturis
    3. Left Fielder - Melky Cabrera
    4. Starting Pitcher - Mark Buehrle
    5. Designated Hitter
    6. Backup Infielder - Emilio Bonifacio
    7. Replace Alvarez - R.A. Dickey (!)


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    311
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ILDD View Post
    I'd much rather have Oswalt for similar money but a lot less time commitment.

    Would push Happ into the bullpen and to be the 6th starter when needed.
    Oswalt, eh?

    I haven't thought of him much.

    What would it take to sign him? He'd be a great #4 or #5 starter.

    I have my hopes on Marcum, but I don't think he would sign for 3-years/$30M.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,046
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaysGirl View Post
    Oswalt, eh?

    I haven't thought of him much.

    What would it take to sign him? He'd be a great #4 or #5 starter.

    I have my hopes on Marcum, but I don't think he would sign for 3-years/$30M.
    I guess Oswalt would sign for maybe $6,000,000 on a one year deal.

    He wants either a chance to plpay near home in Mississippi or he wants to play for a contender. He might sign in Toronto given the active off season and the large amount of talent playing here in 2013.
    2012-2013 Offseason Shopping List

    1. Starting Pitcher - Josh Johnson
    2. Second Baseman - Maicer Izturis
    3. Left Fielder - Melky Cabrera
    4. Starting Pitcher - Mark Buehrle
    5. Designated Hitter
    6. Backup Infielder - Emilio Bonifacio
    7. Replace Alvarez - R.A. Dickey (!)


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaysGirl View Post
    Oswalt, eh?

    I haven't thought of him much.

    What would it take to sign him? He'd be a great #4 or #5 starter.

    I have my hopes on Marcum, but I don't think he would sign for 3-years/$30M.
    If last year is any indication, Oswalt is only willing to sign with a couple of teams like St. Louis and other teams close to where he lives.

    As for Marcum, if we're to believe Jeff Blair, Anthopoulos didn't really want Marcum here the first time around because of off-field issues that concerned him (AA) and is unlikely to pursue him this time around.

    I personally think that the better former Blue Jay (for about an hour) to target is Edwin Jackson. It might be splashier and more expensive than a guy like Oswalt or Marcum, but he's in his prime (only 29 years old) and coming off of a very solid year in Washington.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •