Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Future is Bright - 2012 Jays minor league thread 4.0

Continue the talk in here guys.

Here is a link to one of the many Osuna articles: http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/201...o_osuna_debut/

vCash
    Kind of crazy that a guy who is still probably 3-4 years away is our most talked about prospect right now. We should have our minds set on higher up guys like d'Arnaud, but instead we are so enamored with Osuna.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    Kind of crazy that a guy who is still probably 3-4 years away is our most talked about prospect right now. We should have our minds set on higher up guys like d'Arnaud, but instead we are so enamored with Osuna.
    D'arnaud is hurt
    Gose is in the majors
    Marisnick isn't doing much in AA
    Deck and Mcguire suck

that pretty much summarizes our higher prospects

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    I'm mostly excited about the Lansing 3, most notably Sanchez. Wish they could get here quicker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    D'arnaud is hurt
    Gose is in the majors
    Marisnick isn't doing much in AA
    Deck and Mcguire suck

that pretty much summarizes our higher prospects
    Seriously though...

and the Lansing 3 have been discussed ad nauseum

If you want to switch pace, Matt Dean had a killer week with the bat (7/16 with 2 HR, 2B, 3 K - included a 4/4 game)

or we could talk about John Stilson, on whom I recently completed a scouting report, with full report on mechanics/stuff/poise in this link

Stilson did not pitch after signing as he was completing a 6-week rehabilitation program for a torn labrum. However, he has surged through the Blue Jays’ system in his first season of professional ball. First, he was aggressively assigned to Advanced-A Dunedin, and after he had tremendous success, was promoted to AA New Hampshire.

The results at AA, however, have been mixed. While he has enjoyed successful stretches, he has also endured a few tough outings. This inconsistency has manifested in a 4.85 ERA, despite a decent K rate, 7.38/9, and BB rate, 3.92/9. Stilson has been hit harder during his stint with New Hampshire than he was with Dunedin. He has given far more line drives and induced fewer ground balls. Much of that, I believe, can be attributed to his lacking of an individualized plan for each batter. Stilson needs to learn to pitch, rather than rely on his stuff alone to get batters out.

When I watched Stilson, he did not mix his pitches particularly well, throwing multiple breaking pitches in a row, or tossing hittable fastballs in favorable counts. In addition, his fastball command was inconsistent. Despite solid control, his fastball often ended up in the bat path of the hitter, and consequently, was hit hard.
    orrrrrrrrr we could talk about DJ Davis, who has been doing pretty well lately. Also wrote a little piece on him the other night

D.J. Davis is fast – that much we know. Whenever one’s name is mentioned in the same breath as Billy Hamilton – he of the 113 stolen bases on the year – one will be well known and highly touted for one’s speed alone. On the 20-80 scouting scale, Davis, like Hamilton, ranks out at an 80.

However, what propelled the draft status of Blue Jays’ center field prospect D.J. Davis was a developing bat. He has shown the ability to be more than just a slap hitter; rather, he has demonstrated surprising power both in his final year of high school and thus far in his professional career for the Blue Jays.
    Last edited by Dol-Fan; 07-30-2012 at 08:44 PM.

vCash
    or we can continue talking about my boy Robertooooooooooooooooooooooo Osunaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! *in my michael buffer voice*

vCash
    Anyone know when Osuna makes his next start? He pitched on Saturday so 5 games later would be Friday with the one off day, but I was thinking they might have a different rotational schedule in A ball.

I'd love to see him in person!

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Look who's back from Japan?! Randy Ruiz and he's mashing again.

14HRs in 181ABs for ARI's PCL team. Hitting .331 with a 1.019 OPS. I always liked him. At 34 he'll probably never make it to the majors again though.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Now that Thames and Snider are gone...I just relised that besides TDA, Sierra and McDade we are weak on mashers on the farm.

I know everything is about high OPS now a days but, I'd like to see some HRs hitters who could hit 30-40+ and take 70+ walks. If they hit .240-.260 and stike-out a ton...so be it.

I wouldn't mind seeing AA trading 1 of the Lansing 3 (or more) for a masher like Matt Adams, Wil Myers, Anthony Rizzo, Mike Olt, George Springer, Miles Head.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    Now that Thames and Snider are gone...I just relised that besides TDA, Sierra and McDade we are weak on mashers on the farm.

I know everything is about high OPS now a days but, I'd like to see some HRs hitters who could hit 30-40+ and take 70+ walks. If they hit .240-.260 and stike-out a ton...so be it.

I wouldn't mind seeing AA trading 1 of the Lansing 3 (or more) for a masher like Matt Adams, Wil Myers, Anthony Rizzo, Mike Olt, George Springer, Miles Head.
    Those exact qualities are what makes a high OPS player though

The first guy that came to mind was Adam Dunn. In 2010 he hit 38 HR, took 77 walks, hit 0.260 and struck out over 30% of the time. He OPS'd 0.892, good for 17th best in the entire league and therefore an elite player that year.
    2012-2013 Offseason Shopping List

1. Starting Pitcher - Josh Johnson
    2. Second Baseman - Maicer Izturis
    3. Left Fielder - Melky Cabrera
    4. Starting Pitcher - Mark Buehrle
    5. Designated Hitter
    6. Backup Infielder - Emilio Bonifacio
    7. Replace Alvarez - R.A. Dickey (!)

vCash
    Jays could have had Rizzo in the off-season for peanuts...Cubs gave up virtually nobody for him. Was pounding on the doors for the Jays to get him. Would have taken literally Deck McGuire and a utility outfield prospect like the Cubs gave up for Rizzo.

Meh, look to the future now...Lind potentially cost the Jays a young inexpensive prospect in Rizzo unfortunately

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Jays could have had Rizzo in the off-season for peanuts...Cubs gave up virtually nobody for him. Was pounding on the doors for the Jays to get him. Would have taken literally Deck McGuire and a utility outfield prospect like the Cubs gave up for Rizzo.

Meh, look to the future now...Lind potentially cost the Jays a young inexpensive prospect in Rizzo unfortunately
    Do you know that's what it would have taken to acquire Rizzo? Is there an article to support this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AA09-? View Post
    Do you know that's what it would have taken to acquire Rizzo? Is there an article to support this?
    go see what the cubs gave...and remember deck mcguire was a top 10 prospect in the off-season before his bust...cubs gave something similar in andrew cashner, a guy who was one of the top prospects in the cubs organization but a guy with injury issues though.
    Last edited by Sanyo; 07-31-2012 at 09:22 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    go see what the cubs gave...and remember deck mcguire was a top 10 prospect in the off-season before his bust...cubs gave something similar in andrew cashner, a guy with injury issues though...
    Rankings mean little to nothing to MLB FO's...they have their own opinions of minor league talent (or lack there of).

Pretty sure Deck McGuire wasn't too high on many GM's lists this past OS.

vCash
    So you guys think Marisnick or Pillar has a shot at LF next year?

Will they roll with Davis? Gose? A FA?

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast