Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Don't turn into a sulking baby Garden because your Staal point was idiotic. Move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by averymustgo View Post
    He's a dirtbag who has used other teams as leverage. It happens a lot. Doan could have and should have made his decision 2 weeks ago. He's acted like a clown. All the teams should take their offers off the table and make him crawl back for a lot less.
    You seriously are off base

vCash
    Don't turn into a sulking baby Garden because your Staal point was idiotic. Move on.
    I <3 you!
    Averymustgo...must go

vCash
    "ESPN's John Buccigross reports that the Buffalo Sabres are offering Shane Doan the lucrative deal he's been asking for.

Most specifically, Buccigross says the offer would be for four-years and around $30 million. It would be a 35+ contract if that rule carries over in the next CBA.

After "Pegulamania" ran wild last summer with big contracts for Christian Ehrhoff and Ville Leino, it seemed like Buffalo was keen to take a more measured approach this offseason.

Doan would fit in with the beef up Buffalo campaign, however.

GM Darcy Regier signed tough guy John Scott and traded Derek Roy for agitator Steve Ott to make the Sabres "more difficult to play against" next season. Adding Doan to the mix would continue that trend.

If Doan accepts that deal, he'd register a team-high $7.5 million cap hit, more than Thomas Vanek's hefty $7.14 million mark."

vCash
    This tool still hasn't signed. What a joke. At this point, Doan should retire and go away.

vCash
    This tool still hasn't signed. What a joke. At this point, Doan should retire and go away.

The man is a FA he can sign when he wants.

vCash
    I'll laugh if GM's at this point figure there will be a lockout and don't sign him because of that. Figuring, they won't attempt to sign him until an agreement is done. Thus, paying him this year based on the part of the season that is left.

vCash
    If he comes East at all it will be to NY, even for a lesser deal. He likes this team and knows they have the best shot to win. He won't spend 4 years living in Buffalo. I'm resigned to the fact he's either staying in Phoenix or will go to Vancouver who's offering 4 years.

vCash
    If he was doing it to get more $$$ it would bother me. But the man has said from day 1 he wants to stay where he is and not uproot his family. If he stays and they dont have a deal in place he will then be uprooted to wherever they want to move the team to. So i understand him waiting and making the decision based on where he wants to go. If it was all about $$ he would have jumped all over Buffalos offer nobody will give him more then that not even close

vCash
    The longer he takes to sign, the more I feel he is staying on Phoenix, because if these rumors are true that the Sabres have a 4 year offer, the Jets have a 4 year offer, the Rangers have a 2-3 year offer and he hasn't accepted it yet, he is waiting for Phoenix to give him the right price.

vCash
    They said today he'll definately be signing somewhere before the lockout, so if the Phoenix thing isn't cleared up he'll probably pick between Vancouver and the Rangers.

vCash
    I'd be really surprised if Doan showed up here after Buffalo giving an offer of 30 mill for him, that contract isn't gonna work here.

vCash
    That's the thing though, its about winning in his last few years so I don't think he'd go to Buffalo for an extra 1m/1y overall. If the Rangers offer something like 3y/20m it would put them right there with Vancouver.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger71 View Post
    That's the thing though, its about winning in his last few years so I don't think he'd go to Buffalo for an extra 1m/1y overall. If the Rangers offer something like 3y/20m it would put them right there with Vancouver.
    I still don't think he's worth over 6 a year and if I was guessing, and offer from our team would be in the 3/18 range. I doubt he leaves 12 million and a year on the table even if he thinks he has a better chance of a cup here. But that's just my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I still don't think he's worth over 6 a year and if I was guessing, and offer from our team would be in the 3/18 range. I doubt he leaves 12 million and a year on the table even if he thinks he has a better chance of a cup here. But that's just my opinion.

3/18 is still to much for me...He made what 4.2 last year? No need for a raise the Sabres can have him

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast