Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

This team needs to draft a goalie soon.

Figure, they draft an 18 year old kid, at 22 Hank will be 34 or 35. That's about right. They are stocked on defense and by adding Nash with Kreider, Hagelin, Cally, J.T. Miller and Fast, the time is right to draft a goalie in the first round if the right one is available.

Honestly, I can see the Rangers are hard as it might seem to some, trading a Girardi or Staal to move way up, top 5 in the draft if they think a franchise goalie is there. You have to figure, Girardi in 2 years will want 5 years at 6 million easy. McDonagh who was greedy just to sign with NY is going to want 5 years at 5 million at least. Somebody has to go.

vCash
    I also think because of the money the current defenseman will soon be seeking, drafting Skjei was very smart. If I had choose who I think the Rangers will deal, it will be Staal. I figure if they get a full, healthy, great year out of Staal next season they may trade him. Usually, if you have one major concussion you probably will have another. I would rather move him at the end of this season in the right deal.

vCash
    Which is why I wanted Subban, unless Talbot gets better in the AHL.

vCash
    Ehhh. To me if you are going to draft a goalie you either trade up super high to take him or try to comb the minors and Europe and steal one late in the draft.

vCash
    I think they're figuring Lundqvist will play until his late 30's so I can see them taking one next year with a 2nd or the following year in the 1st. I like Stacjer the best out of the system goalies but he's probably a career backup. The others are AHL fodder.

vCash
    I'm all for this.

vCash
    We've drafted enough goalies, they just haven't proved themselves. Plus it's not like Lundqvist is gonna quit in the next 5 years. If we needed another goalie we could get one, there's lots around these days. Hendrik will be around for another 7+ years, so I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves, there's no use drafting a goalie high so we can leave him playing in the minors or burn him out on the bench behind lundqvist. If it's me, I just leave it alone and in a few years grab a young goalie from another team in either free agency or trade, there's no use wasting high picks on a back up goalie.

vCash
    Still too early IMO.... I'm with BSI, save the draft picks and make a trade for a young goalie with some NHL experience down the road. I see no signs of Hank declining anytime soon, so if we draft one he'll just end up rotting on the bench for a while before eventually heading elsewhere

vCash
    Figure at the end of this season Hank will be 31. You draft an 18 year old kid. You let him develop in the minors until 22. Hank will be 35. I don't see how that is letting him rot. People are delusional if they think Hank will be playing 60 games at 35. It's hard for people to accept but the window of this team winning with Hank probably is only about 5 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by averymustgo View Post
    Figure at the end of this season Hank will be 31. You draft an 18 year old kid. You let him develop in the minors until 22. Hank will be 35. I don't see how that is letting him rot. People are delusional if they think Hank will be playing 60 games at 35. It's hard for people to accept but the window of this team winning with Hank probably is only about 5 years.
    35 isn't old for an elite goalie, Tim Thomas, Marty Brodeur, and Miikka Kiprusoff all played big minutes for their teams this year over 35 and as we all painfully know Brodeur played well enough to get to the finals this year and Thomas did it last year.

vCash
    Honestly, I can see the Rangers are hard as it might seem to some, trading a Girardi or Staal to move way up, top 5 in the draft if they think a franchise goalie is there.
    That will never happen. You don't need to draft a goalie in the top 5.
    BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

Charlotte Convicts MLB Re-Draft Clubhouse

Creed: So hey, I want to set you up with my daughter.
    Jim: Oh, I'm engaged to Pam.
    Creed: I thought you were gay.
    Jim: Then why would you want to set me up with your daughter?
    Creed: I don't know.

vCash
    No way will Girardi or Staal be moved

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan89 View Post
    That will never happen. You don't need to draft a goalie in the top 5.
    Agreed...most times goalies are not drafted that high because of the uncertainty with young goalies. Plus as I said before there seems to be a lot of goalies these days, for instance if we really really needed a goalie now we could look at Luongo, Bernier, either Nathan Lawson or Ben Bishop in Ottawa etc. With the way goalies turn out, some high drafts don't pan out, and some low drafts do like Lundqvist, it's easier to pick them later and if those players don't work out then trade for someone later.

vCash
    They arent going to need a goalie for another 6-7 years, Lundqvist will at least play into his late 30's, hes in great shape. Unless he chooses an early retirement which I doubt. They don't need to draft a starter type for another 2-3 years, it only takes 3 to get ready. If he was 35 now I'd say draft one next year.

vCash
    I called Glenn, he said he got this, no worries. Good enough for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast