Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 79 of 188 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2810
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 6deep View Post
    Calderon
    Hed be awesome here but I dont see a way for us to get him. Hes brought his value up extremely high from where it was to start the season, I've even heard that they might keep him over Lowry with the way hes been playing. Besides all of that, if they do let go of Calderon its going to be for a deal that is significantly better than ours. Right now the rumors are for Gay, hes not a superstar but hes an extremely good player and certainly better than anything we could offer. I just dont see it having a chance.

As for Barea, I think thats the perfect fit for us. Hes exactly what you want in a backup PG for this team, but I also dont know if were going to have enough to get him either. We'll see though, this trade deadline has the chance to bring us something important for us to make a title run.

New York Rangers: 37-29-4, 78PTS
    New York Knicks: 27-40
    New York Yankees, Make Jeter's Last Year Count
    New York Jets, our future is very bright
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.

Man City
    As of 3/18/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    Russ Smith could be that kind of Point guard in the NBA off the bench. Very fast, Very good defense, and a good scorer.
    I wouldn't mind him as our back up point next year. We need penetration and defense, and he's excellent at both. His defense on MCW against Syracuse was amazing. And he might be on of the best penetrating guards in the nation. Only thing is I wish he got to run point more, Pitino is in love with Siva. Not sure about Russ Smith's passing and decision making

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nytunnelvision View Post
    I wouldn't mind him as our back up point next year. We need penetration and defense, and he's excellent at both. His defense on MCW against Syracuse was amazing. And he might be on of the best penetrating guards in the nation. Only thing is I wish he got to run point more, Pitino is in love with Siva. Not sure about Russ Smith's passing and decision making
    Yeah I saw some of that game.

But it sounds like he is purely a scoring point guard if he makes it into the NBA.
    Funny read on him:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...?sct=uk_t12_a3
    He sounds like the scoring Point Guard version of JR if he went to college and learned how to play D/attack the rim.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)

6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash

vCash
    You know they want Jose because Conley has been hurt and they have no backup???

You have to have Turkeyglue as a Knick, and the only way I do that trade is if Big Baby is coming here as well.

vCash
    Last edited by Anji; 01-29-2013 at 06:02 PM.

vCash
    I had an interesting question brought to me today. It was from my friend who's a Celtics fan. If Melo had a season ending injury like Rondo.. Would you trade away some veterans and try and build a better team for next year. My answer was no because I think that we could still win with consistently without Melo. Obviously I know that Melo is our best player and gives us our best chance.

So I said the way i would consider it is if for John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, or Kevin Love. Those are players I believe are relatively available at the right price. He came up with a pretty ridiculous 4 team deal(NY,SAC,OKC,TOR)where we get Cousins, Davis, Maynor, Jones, and Lamb + bad contracts. OKC gets Kidd, Chandler +, TOR gets Amar'e+ SAC gets Baragni, Valancuinas, Calderon. My reaction was hell no. We wouldn't be title contenders. His argument was your not without Melo either. At least you would have a good young core around Melo.

What are your thoughts? It's obviously hypothetical but if Melo were to go down with a season ending injury like Rondo would you blow it up? For me its a No, but i want to see what you guys think. He thinks Knicks fans would do it in a heart beat...

vCash
    Toronto and Memphis are looking for a 3rd team to take on Calderon's contract. Can we make it work?

TOR gets Rudy Gay, MEM gets Ed Davis, Ronnie Brewer and pick(s) from the Raptors, NY gets Calderon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    Russ Smith could be that kind of Point guard in the NBA off the bench. Very fast, Very good defense, and a good scorer.
    he always reminds of jason terry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4 View Post
    Toronto and Memphis are looking for a 3rd team to take on Calderon's contract. Can we make it work?

TOR gets Rudy Gay, MEM gets Ed Davis, Ronnie Brewer and pick(s) from the Raptors, NY gets Calderon.
    Memphis wants Calderon

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    The final hurdle for the salary dump of Memphis Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay to the Toronto Raptors hinges on finding a third team to absorb the expiring contract of Raptors guard Jose Calderon, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Grizzlies have inquired with multiple teams over the past several days, searching for a willing partner to facilitate a three-team deal, sources said. Despite organizational proclamations to the contrary, new Memphis ownership and management is determined to unload Gay and the $37 million owed him as soon as possible, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. Calderon has a $10.5 million expiring contract.

“With so many quality point guards, they’re struggling to find a spot for Calderon,” one league general manager told Yahoo! Sports. Preferably, the Grizzlies want a less expensive small forward to plug into the lineup for Gay, sources said. Memphis has been relentless in shopping Gay over the past several weeks. In a proposed deal, Memphis would likely receive another young Raptors player and a future draft pick, sources said. The Grizzlies have unsuccessfully tried to pry Raptors rookie Terrence Ross as part of the deal, sources said. Toronto has deemed Ross untouchable in these talks.

Recently, the Grizzlies’ front office dumped three contracts and a first-round pick – including Mareese Speights, Wayne Ellington and Josh Shelby – onto the Cleveland Cavaliers to get under the luxury-tax threshold.

At 29-15, the Grizzlies are currently the fourth seed in the Western Conference playoff race. Beyond Gay, the Grizzlies have nearly $65 million in contracts locked into forward Zach Randolph and center Marc Gasol through the 2014-15 season. They are determined to lessen luxury-tax implications of holding onto three significant contracts.
    They are dumping contracts, not taking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4 View Post
    Wish we could acquire Barea from the Wolves, unfortunately, I don't think we make good trade partners.
    I wanted Barea on the Knicks two years ago.

A Felton/Barea tandem would just be

But unfortunately I don't think we have the pieces to make a deal even though Barea is currently on the trade block...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by meloman1592 View Post
    Memphis wants Calderon
    Good thing Memphis wanted to keep him, dealt to the Pistons after they acquired him.

vCash
    What about Hamed Haddadi, rumors are Toronto will waive him. He is 7'2, fairly athletic, can block shots and rebound, and he is only 27. Perfect backup for Chandler?

vCash
    Not that anyone checks the trade thread like that but just examining this team... something needs to be done in regards to James White, Ronnie Brewer & Kurt Thomas. I guess you could consider Thomas a player coach at this point but White/Brewer combo... it would be nice if we could turn them into more competent offensive player with same level of defense. It's really not necessary but if there is to be a trade that's the only thing I can think of on this roster.

Camby has been a non-factor all season... if he has value I would unload him for a draft pick and then sign K-Mart. K-Mart can at a minimum do everythng Camby has shown thus far if not slightly more. I would seriously talk with Milwaukee as they always have a boatload of Forwards.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles