Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 188 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Blatche can be a steal and at the vet min, he's a big worth the gamble considering not much will be expected of him, in Washington he started for a while but to much was required of him, I think they wanted him to be the star before they got John Wall. Remember he was one of the last to come straight out of high school. So he still has some maturing to do and him being a a veteran team with the likes of Chandler, Camby, KT40 and Jason Kidd, they would straighten him out along with coach Woodson. If he redeams himself some what here, he might can later be included in a big mid season trade for the likes of the one and only CP3 or maybe even Dwight Howard...I'm just saying...lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I have no idea why nobody is throwing decent money at Delfino. Dude is a baller.
    I think we knick fans overrate him because he always seems to kill us.

But looking at his career numbers they are really kinda bad.

40% career shooter overall, just a bit above average from 3, and doesn't really do anything else.

Meanwhile looking at Brewers career numbers... man he was putting up borderline all star numbers in UTAH. What happened to him in CHI?...lol

I mean he had a year in UTAH where he shot 56% and averaged 12ppg.

His last 3 years in UTAH on a good team about 12ppg 3.5rpg 2apg 1.7spg and an insane 53% shooting.

vCash
    If we are talking UNLV, give me Mike Moser in next year's draft.

vCash
    How can people possibly want Blatche? He's a team cancer. He's a decent player (who was bad last year) who has proven time and time again that he takes plays and games off. The Wizards amnestied him for a reason. One of the things the Knicks have going for them is a strong locker room presence, and what should be good developing team chemistry. They won't blow that by getting Blatche.

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KGJ View Post
    Blatche can be a steal and at the vet min, he's a big worth the gamble considering not much will be expected of him, in Washington he started for a while but to much was required of him, I think they wanted him to be the star before they got John Wall. Remember he was one of the last to come straight out of high school. So he still has some maturing to do and him being a a veteran team with the likes of Chandler, Camby, KT40 and Jason Kidd, they would straighten him out along with coach Woodson. If he redeams himself some what here, he might can later be included in a big mid season trade for the likes of the one and only CP3 or maybe even Dwight Howard...I'm just saying...lol
    I agree with you, however I don't think his agent is going to let him sign for that little.

Not only would it be a steal, but certainly a low risk - high reward move. He'd have the vet mentor-ship, a coach who doesn't F around and demands accountability, won't be able to talk like he's the best on the team given Melo, Amare and Chandler (not to mention HOF Kidd) and probably would hustle given that he'd actually be playing for something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    If we are talking UNLV, give me Mike Moser in next year's draft.
    I also like Moser a lot. But I really think Stanback is the perfect "fit" for this team

vCash
    Off topic..Can we get Feltonz name on tha home page with tha rest of tha squad.

vCash
    Carl Landry just signed with GS. They were the front runners to sign Kmart. Now they're out of the equation. Our chances of landing Kmart has increased

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I think we knick fans overrate him because he always seems to kill us.

But looking at his career numbers they are really kinda bad.

40% career shooter overall, just a bit above average from 3, and doesn't really do anything else.

Meanwhile looking at Brewers career numbers... man he was putting up borderline all star numbers in UTAH. What happened to him in CHI?...lol

I mean he had a year in UTAH where he shot 56% and averaged 12ppg.

His last 3 years in UTAH on a good team about 12ppg 3.5rpg 2apg 1.7spg and an insane 53% shooting.
    True words.

As for Brewer, I really think Grunwald got us Fields on steroids for vet min. I love the signing and can't believe its not getting any more hype in the media.

I wanted to keep Fields because I thought we needed a guy like Fields on our bench, another well rounded athlete. Well, instead of paying Fields 20M we got a guy who plays much better defense, MORE efficient which was a Fields strong suit, apparently a better off the ball cutter, and a better athlete. Has also played for some very good teams and understands what it takes to win. For the vet min, pretty unbelievable. Sucks we likely won't be able to keep him long term but who knows, nobody thought JR was realistic long term.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 07-30-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    God I hope we don't sign K-Mart, I seen him play 2 years ago he was slow and weak on d, he looked 40 then, I would rather stand pat with Kurt but really want Blatche all kinds of talent and only 25 our veterans will not let him get out of line and winning changes alot of peoples attitude, would you want to play for Washington and lose all the time.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    True words.

As for Brewer, I really think Grunwald got us Fields on steroids for vet min. I love the signing and can't believe its not getting any more hype in the media.

I wanted to keep Fields because I thought we needed a guy like Fields on our bench, another well rounded athlete. Well, instead of paying Fields 20M we got a guy who plays much better defense, MORE efficient which was a Fields strong suit, apparently a better off the ball cutter, and a better athlete. Has also played for some very good teams and understands what it takes to win. For the vet min, pretty unbelievable. Sucks we likely won't be able to keep him long term but who knows, nobody thought JR was realistic long term.
    Those are the best acquisitions most of the time. Steve Nash was not a huge splash back when he signed with Phoenix. The Knicks are used to making big splashes with little importance in the long term such as Stephon Marbury, Vin Baker, Penny Hardaway, Tim Thomas, Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford etc.

Only since Donnie Walsh came that we're actually doing some "addition by subtraction" because we never looked for role players before, Isiah just stacked up a bunch of scorers who played no D.

I also think landing Brewer was a great move, probably the best all summer since we really don't know how much effective playing time Kidd and Camby will give us. Felton comes to mind too but the others are question marks to a certain degree.

Brewer will bolster our versatilty and our perimeter defense, which is just great. When Shump comes back, we'll be able to play the whole game with at least one great perimeter defender in the game. Brewer will get many minutes, he loves playing defense and is used to winning. I believe he's never missed the playoffs and has played conference finals twice. Also, he's only 26-27 years old. He's entering his prime. I also hope we can keep him long term.

Now get a PF... Dom McGuire ray:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    God I hope we don't sign K-Mart, I seen him play 2 years ago he was slow and weak on d, he looked 40 then, I would rather stand pat with Kurt but really want Blatche all kinds of talent and only 25 our veterans will not let him get out of line and winning changes alot of peoples attitude, would you want to play for Washington and lose all the time.......
    your crazy kmart can still ball but our team is really in need of another shooter i'd go crazy if we could still get delfino but kmart would do plus he'd be insurance if amare goes down
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by XpLiCiTT View Post
    Yes, that's right everyone, according to me he is the "Lebran" James of Philadelphia, and will never rest. You heard it here first, exactly what I said.
    He's talking about Evan Turner
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8V_ww6ZP_k

vCash
    Brewer was a great pick up, but I highly doubt we can keep him for years if he has any kind of success

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    Brewer was a great pick up, but I highly doubt we can keep him for years if he has any kind of success
    That's what everyone thought with JR. Brewer took less to come here, he would probably take less to stay and next year he could sign for the vet min and gain an increase and in the 3rd year (if he chooses to stay that long) he would have bird rights and that will allow us to sign him to any deal regardless of the cap OR the Knicks could just use next season's mini MLE on him alone and call it a day. And Replace Kurt Thomas and Pablo with vet min contracts.

vCash
    Originally Posted by Pete H
    your crazy kmart can still ball but our team is really in need of another shooter i'd go crazy if we could still get delfino but kmart would do plus he'd be insurance if amare goes down Yes Flatbush I must be crazy, I coached High School Ball for 5 years and 2 local colleges for 12 worked for the Albany Patroons for years don't know if you heard of them they are where the great Phil Jackson started his coaching , Bill Mussleman, Dean Meminger, I know Talent and K-Mart is washed up, if you think he is better talent wise then Blatche, you are a tad bit crazy...

Page 5 of 188 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast