Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 74 of 74
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    7,094
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post
    A big reason I got out of gaming a long time ago is because they stopped making impressive and epic RPGs. They became more of a commodity and FPS' took over the industry and because I always felt like if you played 1 FPS you played them all I naturally got really bored with gaming about 5 years ago.

    I also graduated and had to start working, I didn't want to invest so much time into gaming anymore. I still LOVE the sandbox games like GTA and the open ended RPGs like Skyrim but they seem to be few and far between now.

    Above all else I think I stopped gaming because they started to base all the new games around playing online and I simply never liked playing with other people, I always just wanted to play my own game and get sucked into it and I think that's why I loved games like Morrowind and Skyrim and the GTAs. Starting to buy games based around online play really turned me off- Madden is a great example of a gaming franchise that basically stopped improving itself for the sake of improving online play.

    Combine my dislike of online play with the fact all FPS' are mainly online now and you have my reason for contributing to the 30%

    At this point the industry needs a revolution to get people back... I think we got one about 12 years ago with the XBOX and Halo. We're due again for some kind of reinvention but I fear the next-gen systems will just be more of the same.

    A big issue as well is the old console gamers evolved into computer nerds that figured out how to build and update their computer for better value and graphics which is contributing to the decline in console sales.

    Its nice to know we may have lived through the golden age of gaming but I don't think the video game industry will go quietly... if it survived the 1983 crash and boomed back for the 90s and 00s I think they'll bounce back from this...
    This sounds a lot like me, except I'm still in grad school and never got into Elder Scrolls. Otherwise, I echo everything you're saying.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,136
    vCash
    1000
    I think playing with other people enhances gameplay. I'm not the type of gamer that likes to play single player RPGs anymore. Don't get me wrong, I played some OG diablo when I was younger, MU(many people don't know what MU is), and many other single players. But I never got immersed in the gameplay say like I did with MMOs(when I used to play them) or something like FIFA that I won't play unless I'm playing against (or with in online team play) someone. I've literally never played a 1v1 game against the computer in FIFA 12 and I've played over 600 games online...
    I like competing against real players whether its in an RPG(I got better **** than you), Sports(YOU SUCK AT THIS SPORT), or Shooting(GET MERCED NOOB) games. I guess it has to do with me being competitive, but I feel like I don't get too much gratification out of games like that. Unless you show me a single player game as good as Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, or FF VII, or any other of those great single player games I'm down.
    Adopt a Packers
    SAM "Less than Tim Jennings the Nickel Corner" SHIELDS
    and Davante "I'm good at catching" Adams



    Davante Adams


  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    6 minutes away from United Center
    Posts
    37,626
    vCash
    3109
    The Demon/Dark Souls is a MMORPG technically.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    7,564
    vCash
    1000
    As much as I'd like to play RPGMMO's on console, I'm not sure it could ever reach it's full potential.

    PC gaming is far better suited for this genre of video games IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post
    A big reason I got out of gaming a long time ago is because they stopped making impressive and epic RPGs. They became more of a commodity and FPS' took over the industry and because I always felt like if you played 1 FPS you played them all I naturally got really bored with gaming about 5 years ago.

    I also graduated and had to start working, I didn't want to invest so much time into gaming anymore. I still LOVE the sandbox games like GTA and the open ended RPGs like Skyrim but they seem to be few and far between now.

    Above all else I think I stopped gaming because they started to base all the new games around playing online and I simply never liked playing with other people, I always just wanted to play my own game and get sucked into it and I think that's why I loved games like Morrowind and Skyrim and the GTAs. Starting to buy games based around online play really turned me off- Madden is a great example of a gaming franchise that basically stopped improving itself for the sake of improving online play.

    Combine my dislike of online play with the fact all FPS' are mainly online now and you have my reason for contributing to the 30%

    At this point the industry needs a revolution to get people back... I think we got one about 12 years ago with the XBOX and Halo. We're due again for some kind of reinvention but I fear the next-gen systems will just be more of the same.

    A big issue as well is the old console gamers evolved into computer nerds that figured out how to build and update their computer for better value and graphics which is contributing to the decline in console sales.

    Its nice to know we may have lived through the golden age of gaming but I don't think the video game industry will go quietly... if it survived the 1983 crash and boomed back for the 90s and 00s I think they'll bounce back from this...
    I'm very similar. I have always enjoyed the ability to get lost in a game. You just can't do that when playing a FPS. Maybe you can when playing an MMO, never played one and probably never will. I just love to be able to unwind and get absorbed in a game.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,123
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaas74 View Post
    I'm very similar. I have always enjoyed the ability to get lost in a game. You just can't do that when playing a FPS. Maybe you can when playing an MMO, never played one and probably never will. I just love to be able to unwind and get absorbed in a game.
    I never could get that into MMOs. I've tried a few that I thought looked cool. I played WoW before it got any x-Pacs and had a lot of fun, but I was like 10. Once I got older, I realized it sucks. I just liked it because it was different than what I had played before (anything I could play online was awesome). You go on this epic quest to save a village from disaster, and right before I cut down my the evil lord terrorizing the land, someone else comes and wrecks my moment. Then I have to wait like 5 minutes for a respawn. Once I finally kill him, I don't feel any satisfaction. My immersion was broken the minute my quest was interrupted. If you want to play a game with all of your friends, MMOs are the way to go, but if you want to really get sucked into the game and feel like you're a part of the world, stick with single-player RPGs.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    782
    vCash
    1500
    Now every company in the gaming industry is doing the pay to play codes for online and what's worse is they are planning to get rid of all the used games/rental services like Gamefly/Redbox/Blockbuster with the new consoles coming out only being able to play new games. Pathetic. If they do this I hope a great majority of gamers leave and just stop playing cuz I'm sick of greedy companies. I don't mind the price of games today but all this **** about used games (our way of getting games within our budget) is pissing me off. I understand the developers who deserve the money are not getting any resale money. I side with the developers, who work hard and for long hours on these games, when it comes to things like torrenting and illegal downloading/ripping copies of their games off the internet (mostly a PC game problem) but I think that's pathetic to make it so used games are worthless.

    It ruins the value of the game completely - once you buy it it's basically worthless. It's like saying once you drive a car off the lot you cannot resell it and allow someone else to drive it. What kind of B.S. is that. You cannot resell the game for 1/2 price (already a rip off in itself if you take it to places like Gamestop) and allow someone else to play it. That's how some gamers, such as myself, who can't afford to buy each title they wish to play brand new are able to play all the games they want to play. We now have to choose between games more often instead of waiting a while and buying one or two used we have to buy them all new and you know damn well they won't drop the price of game accordingly to like $25.

    It's all because the publishers and company executives are greedy bastards and want all the money for themselves. You don't see any other industry doing this. Car manufacturers don't say when you sell a used car we should get 75% of the profits too because we made it. LOL that would be insane. These companies already **** us over enough as it is by pushing unfinished products out early, buggy glitchy unbalanced games that they falsely advertise often. It's sequel, sequel, sequel... one after another. Only established game franchises get new games for the most part and I'm sick of seeing the same games Halo, Halo, Halo, CoD, CoD, CoD.
    Last edited by JA22; 08-23-2012 at 08:37 PM.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,123
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JA22 View Post
    Now every company in the gaming industry is doing the pay to play codes for online and what's worse is they are planning to get rid of all the used games/rental services like Gamefly/Redbox/Blockbuster with the new consoles coming out only being able to play new games. Pathetic. If they do this I hope a great majority of gamers leave and just stop playing cuz I'm sick of greedy companies. I don't mind the price of games today but all this **** about used games (our way of getting games within our budget) is pissing me off. I understand the developers who deserve the money are not getting any resale money. I side with the developers, who work hard and for long hours on these games, when it comes to things like torrenting and illegal downloading/ripping copies of their games off the internet (mostly a PC game problem) but I think that's pathetic to make it so used games are worthless.

    It ruins the value of the game completely - once you buy it it's basically worthless. It's like saying once you drive a car off the lot you cannot resell it and allow someone else to drive it. What kind of B.S. is that. You cannot resell the game for 1/2 price (already a rip off in itself if you take it to places like Gamestop) and allow someone else to play it. That's how some gamers, such as myself, who can't afford to buy each title they wish to play brand new are able to play all the games they want to play. We now have to choose between games more often instead of waiting a while and buying one or two used we have to buy them all new and you know damn well they won't drop the price of game accordingly to like $25.

    It's all because the publishers and company executives are greedy bastards and want all the money for themselves. You don't see any other industry doing this. Car manufacturers don't say when you sell a used car we should get 75% of the profits too because we made it. LOL that would be insane. These companies already **** us over enough as it is by pushing unfinished products out early, buggy glitchy unbalanced games that they falsely advertise often. It's sequel, sequel, sequel... one after another. Only established game franchises get new games for the most part and I'm sick of seeing the same games Halo, Halo, Halo, CoD, CoD, CoD.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,972
    vCash
    1500
    the executives of the game industries must be EXTREMELY clueless if they can't figure out that people aren't buying games because no one wants to pay $60-$70 for a game... especially during the recession. and REALLY? do they really think cell phone games are taking over the market? I don't know ONE hardcore gamer who has taken to cell phone games.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

    I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,123
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    the executives of the game industries must be EXTREMELY clueless if they can't figure out that people aren't buying games because no one wants to pay $60-$70 for a game... especially during the recession. and REALLY? do they really think cell phone games are taking over the market? I don't know ONE hardcore gamer who has taken to cell phone games.
    Most gamers aren't hardcore gamers. Most of them are casual gamers who are satisfied with crappy cell-phone games. These games are cheaper to buy and more readily available than console/PC games. Someone who just wants to be entertained for a few minutes at a time would much rather only spend a couple of bucks on a cell-phone game than drop $60-$70 on a brand new console/PC game. Now, I don't think cell-phone games are the future of gaming, but don't be shocked to see a huge jump in that direction.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JA22 View Post
    Now every company in the gaming industry is doing the pay to play codes for online and what's worse is they are planning to get rid of all the used games/rental services like Gamefly/Redbox/Blockbuster with the new consoles coming out only being able to play new games. Pathetic. If they do this I hope a great majority of gamers leave and just stop playing cuz I'm sick of greedy companies. I don't mind the price of games today but all this **** about used games (our way of getting games within our budget) is pissing me off. I understand the developers who deserve the money are not getting any resale money. I side with the developers, who work hard and for long hours on these games, when it comes to things like torrenting and illegal downloading/ripping copies of their games off the internet (mostly a PC game problem) but I think that's pathetic to make it so used games are worthless.

    It ruins the value of the game completely - once you buy it it's basically worthless. It's like saying once you drive a car off the lot you cannot resell it and allow someone else to drive it. What kind of B.S. is that. You cannot resell the game for 1/2 price (already a rip off in itself if you take it to places like Gamestop) and allow someone else to play it. That's how some gamers, such as myself, who can't afford to buy each title they wish to play brand new are able to play all the games they want to play. We now have to choose between games more often instead of waiting a while and buying one or two used we have to buy them all new and you know damn well they won't drop the price of game accordingly to like $25.

    It's all because the publishers and company executives are greedy bastards and want all the money for themselves. You don't see any other industry doing this. Car manufacturers don't say when you sell a used car we should get 75% of the profits too because we made it. LOL that would be insane. These companies already **** us over enough as it is by pushing unfinished products out early, buggy glitchy unbalanced games that they falsely advertise often. It's sequel, sequel, sequel... one after another. Only established game franchises get new games for the most part and I'm sick of seeing the same games Halo, Halo, Halo, CoD, CoD, CoD.
    And what will happen if you can't play used games is an even bigger jump in sales for games like CoD, Halo, Madden, and NCAA. Those games can be played over and over with multiplayer.

    As much as it sucks, I would probably resort to buying CoD to play online. Why would I pay $60-70 on a game that I will beat in 15 hours when I can buy one that I can play endlessly.

    I don't mind paying $60 for a game if it is one that I know I will love and can get some money back after I beat it. If I can't resell the game I will not be getting it at $60. I will wait for it to go on sale or get a price drop.

    For instance, I pre-ordered Assassin's Creed 3. I love the series and think that after I beat the game I should be able to get roughly $25-30. If I wouldn't be able to get the money back from it I would probably wait for it to go on sale some time around Christmas.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Heartland of Basketball
    Posts
    2,804
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_ory_2005 View Post
    As others have said, they're just way too expensive. The only games I buy full price are the NBA2k and COD games.
    Me too, those are the only games I buy anymore. Although, GTA V will be a must...

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    27,719
    vCash
    500
    If all you buy are COD+Sports games ur doin gaming wrong

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    4,224
    vCash
    1500
    i dont know if its the due to the quality of games, but I just dont find myself enjoying games as much anymore.

    Ive tried skyrim, borderlands, dark souls, mass effect 3, etc. I liked them for a week or two then didnt play them again.

    I used to play a lot of video games too

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •