Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    At the beginning of the whole multiplayer thing (when it became somewhat popular), the top games would be played for multiple years and the developer would most of the time support the games for a long time. But that doesn't bring as much profit as releasing an update every 12 months for 60$ and then maybe you can even recycle old maps from the previous games and sell a pack for another 10+$.
    At least CoD maintains this; there's still a good amount of people on BlOps and MW2. Now sports games? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they pretty much cut the servers for the old game? They also took out roster updates for the incoming year (when people would put out the upcoming year's rosters) from the download sections.

The advancements in sporting games haven't been enough to warrant a full new game; it's almost always graphic enhancement. They should restart the Madden and 2K series and just start from Madden 1 and NBA 2K I and update at a rate more similar to, say, Virtua Tennis so they're not required to "update" every year. This has led to rushed games anyway.

vCash
    A big reason I got out of gaming a long time ago is because they stopped making impressive and epic RPGs. They became more of a commodity and FPS' took over the industry and because I always felt like if you played 1 FPS you played them all I naturally got really bored with gaming about 5 years ago.

I also graduated and had to start working, I didn't want to invest so much time into gaming anymore. I still LOVE the sandbox games like GTA and the open ended RPGs like Skyrim but they seem to be few and far between now.

Above all else I think I stopped gaming because they started to base all the new games around playing online and I simply never liked playing with other people, I always just wanted to play my own game and get sucked into it and I think that's why I loved games like Morrowind and Skyrim and the GTAs. Starting to buy games based around online play really turned me off- Madden is a great example of a gaming franchise that basically stopped improving itself for the sake of improving online play.

Combine my dislike of online play with the fact all FPS' are mainly online now and you have my reason for contributing to the 30%

At this point the industry needs a revolution to get people back... I think we got one about 12 years ago with the XBOX and Halo. We're due again for some kind of reinvention but I fear the next-gen systems will just be more of the same.

A big issue as well is the old console gamers evolved into computer nerds that figured out how to build and update their computer for better value and graphics which is contributing to the decline in console sales.

Its nice to know we may have lived through the golden age of gaming but I don't think the video game industry will go quietly... if it survived the 1983 crash and boomed back for the 90s and 00s I think they'll bounce back from this...
    Last edited by whitesoxfan83; 08-15-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

vCash
    The problem is the DLCs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaswaggin View Post
    What's steam sale?

Is that a website that has huge sales on games?
    just go back to playing consoles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by He115ing View Post
    just go back to playing consoles
    O-M-G he doesn't know what Steam is? Lawl, loser!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    Games HAVE to be this expensive due to the dev costs of modern technology.

I'm fine with the prices, it's the stagnant content that has me annoyed
    MW2 for instance, cost $40-$50 Million to develop, and grossed about $550 Million.

MW3 grossed $775 Million in the first 5 days. Even if you are talking about double the cost to develop (nearly impossible)......then the markup on some of these games is ridiculous. It obviously got much higher for gross profit after the first 5 days, and DLC.
    Last edited by IBleedPurple; 08-16-2012 at 08:05 PM.

vCash
    Last game(s) I bought full price were RE 5 and Dead Space.Like everyone said games are too expensive. Why buy when you can Gamefly?
    Broncos be like:

vCash
    Last full game I brought was NHL 12. Before that? NHL 11. I will never buy another CoD game, BF or anything alike for full price. If you're buying that game for 60 dollars than you're wasting money. Same game, new weapons and maps. All for 60 dollars?

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    I never buy new games unless they are under 30. The only one I almost bought was mass effect 3 but I canceled my preorder cause I didnt have enough money in the checking to buy it and pay bills.
    GIFSoup

My wonderful wife showing her skills

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Ninja View Post
    Last full game I brought was NHL 12. Before that? NHL 11. I will never buy another CoD game, BF or anything alike for full price. If you're buying that game for 60 dollars than you're wasting money. Same game, new weapons and maps. All for 60 dollars?
    Isn't that basically the same as NHL and other sports games? I've bought quite a few NHL games in the past and I really don't see much of a difference from year to year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post
    A big reason I got out of gaming a long time ago is because they stopped making impressive and epic RPGs. They became more of a commodity and FPS' took over the industry and because I always felt like if you played 1 FPS you played them all I naturally got really bored with gaming about 5 years ago.

I also graduated and had to start working, I didn't want to invest so much time into gaming anymore. I still LOVE the sandbox games like GTA and the open ended RPGs like Skyrim but they seem to be few and far between now.

Above all else I think I stopped gaming because they started to base all the new games around playing online and I simply never liked playing with other people, I always just wanted to play my own game and get sucked into it and I think that's why I loved games like Morrowind and Skyrim and the GTAs. Starting to buy games based around online play really turned me off- Madden is a great example of a gaming franchise that basically stopped improving itself for the sake of improving online play.

Combine my dislike of online play with the fact all FPS' are mainly online now and you have my reason for contributing to the 30%

At this point the industry needs a revolution to get people back... I think we got one about 12 years ago with the XBOX and Halo. We're due again for some kind of reinvention but I fear the next-gen systems will just be more of the same.

A big issue as well is the old console gamers evolved into computer nerds that figured out how to build and update their computer for better value and graphics which is contributing to the decline in console sales.

Its nice to know we may have lived through the golden age of gaming but I don't think the video game industry will go quietly... if it survived the 1983 crash and boomed back for the 90s and 00s I think they'll bounce back from this...
    I hope so. I want my games to be as fun as they were back in the 90's. Back then, I had Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Sonic, Mario, Starfox, Final Fantasy IV-VII, Chrono Trigger, Resident Evil, etc. It seemed like there was a couple of great new games that could entertain for months every year. Now, we only get 1 (2 if we're lucky), and it takes twice as long...
    Last edited by TylerSL; 08-19-2012 at 11:22 PM.

vCash
    They need to start making MMORPG for PS3 and Xbox360.

I know I'd be buying all those games if all those games came out for PS3/Xbox360.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple View Post
    MW2 for instance, cost $40-$50 Million to develop, and grossed about $550 Million.

MW3 grossed $775 Million in the first 5 days. Even if you are talking about double the cost to develop (nearly impossible)......then the markup on some of these games is ridiculous. It obviously got much higher for gross profit after the first 5 days, and DLC.
    Those games are the exception to the rule. No other game sales really touch those two games.

Especially considering MW3 recycled so much, of course their costs will be lower

vCash
    I wonder how much is going into making Halo 4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    They need to start making MMORPG for PS3 and Xbox360.

I know I'd be buying all those games if all those games came out for PS3/Xbox360.
    I agree, i mean you can plug a keyboard into systems for chat/hotkeys. But that's probably the reason. Lack of buttons for hotkeys... You'd have to probably do a macro system.
    I was thinking(for 360 at least) though if they made a thing to plug into the headphone jack(much like the controller keyboard) with 15-20 buttons for hotkeys it could be extremely effective for casting/abilities while still having the ability to move for what the encounters throw at you. Just a thought.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast