Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What division is the BEST in football?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • AFC North

18 12.68%
  • AFC South

0 0%
  • AFC East

9 6.34%
  • AFC West

1 0.70%
  • NFC North

80 56.34%
  • NFC South

7 4.93%
  • NFC East

24 16.90%
  • NFC West

3 2.11%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trailer park View Post
    you forget its only our secondary that blows nuts, and our only 2 legit starters were out for a long period of the season, delmas and houston, we added some guys in the later rounds as potential guys, but yes it does hurt, as of now, our corners are trash, our lb group will only get better, durant and tully came in during the lockout year, that defense has another year shelled with each other, everyone understands it now, and fairley will be back playing next to suh, anyone who doesnt think those 2 are two young beasts you dont have any football IQ
    i didnt say Suh and Fairley werent good they are but its a passing league and they are in the worst division for a weak secondary. Knox is injured and out for the season i believe. i would take Hester + Bennett over Young + Burleson but thats not the point. the Lions have an offense. what they dont have is a defense so they will be dependent on Stafford and Calvin to carry them and they cant. they should have done what GB and NE did and went all out on defense in the draft.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    Homer please. You will get a glimpse at home much better the bears are than the giants this pre season.
    pre season means nothing. yes i believe the Bears are elite but so are the Giants who are vastly underrated and should have a better team this yr.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    Homer please. You will get a glimpse at home much better the bears are than the giants this pre season.

A glimpse of improvement would be amazing. Afterall, the Bears gave up 10 sacks in their last regular season meeting 2010 and lost to NYG 17-3 in a bore fest.

Last preseason, wow, did the Bears even show up? The Giants defeated the Bears 41-13.

By all means, show the Giants a glimpse so they don't hibernate like the Bears do come playoff time.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    It's between the AFc north and NFC north. NFC east? Didn't have a double digit win team in the division. They aren't in the discussion. As fort pointed out, they are overrated every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    It's between the AFc north and NFC north. NFC east? Didn't have a double digit win team in the division. They aren't in the discussion. As fort pointed out, they are overrated every year.

So if an AFC West team has a better record than the NFC North they have a better team?

Last I checked, the Giants won the Superbowl and the Sporting News agrees with me. Whine to them.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    considering the Lions got worse on Defense and did nothing whatsoever to help it like they should have i dont see how they compete against the powerhouses. if the AFC East and NFC North combined to make 1 division the Lions would be 2nd from the bottom with the Vikes on bottom so i dont see how the NFC North is better
    Getting rid of Eric wright makes the defense 10x better

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Stop drinking the cool aid as Green Bay has been the only consistent team in that division for a long while. The Giants toy with Bears OL. It's not even a game. The Giants almost defeated the Pack twice last season and annihilated them in the playoffs. The Lions, congrats, you defeated Tim Tebow but lost to Atlanta, 49ers, Saints twice and Packers twice. The Lions have a lot of growing up to do. Meanwhile, Minnesota makes Washington look legit.

Green Bay, NY and Philly have been the most consitent teams. The rest follow with Dallas likely being 4th.

Best of luck with that easy schedule. A good team from another division won't make it.
    The lions limped into the playoffs last year. A healthy team will contend for the title.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    NFC East is overrated every single season. Didn't have a single 10 win team last year.
    That kinda doesn't make any sense. IF there were 2 teams with 10+ wins, there'y likely less than 8 or 9 wins for the other 2 teams. But if ALL teams in a division are strong, factoring in the 6 division games where they beat each other up, they shouldn't have a ton of wins.

There's talent all over the NFC East and they're all contenders.

Other divisions have that one weak team. With the Skins getting RGII and a group of WRs (their D was already good), they are a legit team.

What other division has 4 contenders? NFC North has the Vikes who with Ponder and an injured AP are going to be a question mark.

NFC South is the only other consideration IF CAR gets their D together and IF Freeman rebounds for TB.

vCash
    I'd say the NFC north. 3 legit playoff teams and a Vikings team that will surprise some people this year.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    So if an AFC West team has a better record than the NFC North they have a better team?

Last I checked, the Giants won the Superbowl and the Sporting News agrees with me. Whine to them.
    I don't care if "Sporting News agrees with you.". The division sucked balls last year. Ny only made the playoffs because Dallas fell apart. Sure they got hot in the playoffs, but during the regular season the division was garbage. Top to bottom, it wasn't good.

The NFC north had two playoff teams, as did the AFc north. Chicago probably would've been one if Cutler didn't go down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    The lions limped into the playoffs last year. A healthy team will contend for the title.
    Well, you have to demonstrate the ability to beat the Atlanta's and 49ers when healthy let alone win the division. It's a long way from the final 4 and even a longer way to the final two. Luckily, with the North's schedule this season, 2nd place will likely get a team to the playoffs.

The Lions were injured, as were the Giants (who got kinda healthy) and Pittsburgh. It's tough

vCash
    Getting rid of Eric wright makes the defense 10x better
    eric wright isnt that good but the Lions cant afford to let CB's go so i disagree with this.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    I don't care if "Sporting News agrees with you.". The division sucked balls last year. Ny only made the playoffs because Dallas fell apart. Sure they got hot in the playoffs, but during the regular season the division was garbage. Top to bottom, it wasn't good.

The NFC north had two playoff teams, as did the AFc north. Chicago probably would've been one if Cutler didn't go down.

For a division that "sucked balls" the Giants won the Superbowl and nobody wanted to play Philly at the end of the season. Hate to break it to you, but besides one season, the entire West (NFC and AFC) has stunk. Congrats, now you have one team yet nobody fears the home of any West team.

Whine to the Sporting News, obviously they know you're wrong too and could care less about your weak opinion. It's been the NFC East every year and all but Greenbay wouldn't finish in the basement in that division if they took Washington's place. Doubt the Giants, Eagles or Cowboys would finish last in the North any of them took the Vikings place.
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 07-29-2012 at 01:20 PM.

vCash
    Lions didnt limp in they cashed in on Bears injuries to get in. Lions injuries arent comparable to Cutler + Forte. unless Stafford and Megatron went down for the season this statement is ridiculous. Lions healthy will not contend and for anyone that says the Vikings will surprise some people lol what. they will be fighting the Jags for the top pick in the draft
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    For a division that "sucked balls" the Giants won the Superbowl and nobody wanted to play Philly at the end of the season. Hate to break it to you, but besides one season, the entire West (NFC and AFC) has stunk. Congrats, now you have one team yet nobody fears the home of any West team.

Whine to the Sporting News, obviously they know you're wrong too and could care less about your weak opinion. It's been the NFC East every year and all but Greenbay wouldn't finish in the basement in that division if they took Washington's place. Doubt the Giants, Eagles or Cowboys would finish last in the North any of them took the Vikings place.
    Philly finished the season strong bc the schedule at the end of the season for them allowed them to. Philly is an average team
    Take Notes Rook

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast