Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Positives
    - System. Obvious one. It's rated the best in hockey by HF.
    - Drafting Matt Finn. This kid was supossed to go something like 20 picks prior.
    - Aquiring JVR. I think it's the same situation as Schenn, but you're taking a risk on a potential offensive star rather than a defensive defenseman. PF's have more value in their prime.
    -

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Cajun View Post
    Based on recent things going into the new season, my positives are:
    - Bringing in JVR and getting rid of Schenn
    - Jake Gardiner's development
    - Keeping Grabovski and Kulemin around
    - Drafting Morgan Rielly
    - Getting to watch the Leafs in the Winter Classic
    - We have some young prospects that could be interesing coming into camp
    - New season, new coach, new hope
    x2

vCash
    A positive would be if the season was lost due to collective bargaining and we don't have to watch the Leafs play this year.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred91 View Post
    A positive would be if the season was lost due to collective bargaining and we don't have to watch the Leafs play this year.
    This really wouldn't be a bad thing if...the NHL did the 2013 draft selection order by a lottery similar to the way when the Pens drafted Crosby. Imagine the Leafs won it!!! I could handle a year of no NHL hockey if this was the outcome. Wouldn't mind it at all being an OHL season ticket holder...another year of Gally and Yakki would be ok with me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo View Post
    Positives:

Drafting Morgan Rielly and Matt Finn
    Trading for JVR and not giving up a King's ransom for him
    Resigning Kulemin at a very low cost
    Jake Gardiner will have another year under his belt
    Kadri should finally get some real playing time
    Seeing what Holzer will bring to the table
    Having Reimer back healthy
    Possibly drafting top 10 next year in what appears to be a solid draft
    I agree with everything but the bolded part. Kadri will never get a fair shake in the Leafs org. but with new ownership they may make BB play him on the big team to either see if he can make it or they show case him and trade him. IMHO i think he's traded before the season starts and would'nd be surprised if he's part of a package for a G or C.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    This really wouldn't be a bad thing if...the NHL did the 2013 draft selection order by a lottery similar to the way when the Pens drafted Crosby. Imagine the Leafs won it!!! I could handle a year of no NHL hockey if this was the outcome. Wouldn't mind it at all being an OHL season ticket holder...another year of Gally and Yakki would be ok with me.
    you think both will be sent back to their junior clubs???? I think Yakki will stay up and Gally i give 60-40 to stay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherqtip420 View Post
    I agree with everything but the bolded part. Kadri will never get a fair shake in the Leafs org. but with new ownership they may make BB play him on the big team to either see if he can make it or they show case him and trade him. IMHO i think he's traded before the season starts and would'nd be surprised if he's part of a package for a G or C.
    I don't think the new ownership will care where anyone is playing. Their only concern is making the biggest profit possible every year. This is a business to them and might be the best thing to happen to the Leafs for us fans since the Gilmour trade. In order to turn a profit the team has to be competitive. Playoffs = Profit. Cup = HUGE profit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherqtip420 View Post
    you think both will be sent back to their junior clubs???? I think Yakki will stay up and Gally i give 60-40 to stay.
    The only way both Yakki and Gally are back in the OHL next year is if the NHL has a lockout. If there is an NHL season I wouldn't be shocked to see them both stick. Yakki for sure and I think Gally gets 9 games before the Habs make a decision.

vCash
    The only way both Yakki and Gally are back in the OHL next year is if the NHL has a lockout. If there is an NHL season I wouldn't be shocked to see them both stick. Yakki for sure and I think Gally gets 9 games before the Habs make a decision.
    As a Leaf fan and i hate saying this but i think Gally is going to be a stud for them in a couple of years....wish he had fallen to us

vCash
    OMG if this happened i would die.

What was that draft like? did all 30 teams have a shot or did the same bottom 14 team have their own lottery like this year?

If we could land a top-15 pick this year (hopefully top-10) we will get a very solid centre. Deep draft and plenty of centres.

Plus all our prospects will be 1 year older, and all have 1 extra year of development. Only bad thing is we lose a year of our best players prime.
    Last edited by OptiMized; 08-01-2012 at 05:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    OMG if this happened i would die.

What was that draft like? did all 30 teams have a shot or did the same bottom 14 team have their own lottery like this year?

If we could land a top-15 pick this year (hopefully top-10) we will get a very solid centre. Deep draft and plenty of centres.

Plus all our prospects will be 1 year older, and all have 1 extra year of development. Only bad thing is we lose a year of our best players prime.
    Guys like Komi, Connolly and Lombardi??? I could deal with that too

vCash
    Joe Colborne #1C
    JAYS RAPSLEAFSRAIDERS

(disclaimer:
    All opinions are just out of my head and in no way can be taken as fact until they happen
    )

vCash
    Guys like Komi, Connolly and Lombardi??? I could deal with that too
    I doubt their contracts will expire if there is a lockout, i don't remember how it was last lockout. Plus they are not our best players, i'm worried about Phanuef and Kessel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I doubt their contracts will expire if there is a lockout, i don't remember how it was last lockout. Plus they are not our best players, i'm worried about Phanuef and Kessel.
    I've been trying to figure that out too...wouldn't it be unreal if the Leafs won the draft lottery and got rid of all the dead weight contracts in the same year...and fired Burke

vCash
    If the season was canceled, they might give Burke a one-year extension

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast