Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Minor Signing - Leafs sign Keith Aucoin

Maple Leafs signs Keith Aucoin. 1 year / $650 000 NHL, 350 000$ AHL
    https://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS/sta...02565377724416

Huge pick up for the Marlies, I take it he replaces Zigomanis' role (injury call up, leader for the Marlies, etc).

vCash
    Lupul Aucoin kessel.....new number 1 line hahaha

vCash
    I like it.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Our answer to Weber.

vCash
    I hear Burke frontloaded this deal. First time ever. Aucoin gets 300,000 by the end of November. Not bad for AHL money.

vCash
    just what the Leafs need another Sh**ty American....Burke Might as well change the team name from Leafs to team USA while he's at it. No one would notice the difference since they're both synonymous with S**t.

vCash
    I don't get why Aucoin would sign in Toronto when he spent the end of last season playing pretty well in the NHL. He doesn't have a spot in the NHL with us, he doesn't, there isn't room. He'll be good to help whoever is in the AHL put up big numbers, he could play wing with Colborne and help him out. Good pickup as long as he's fine being in the AHL all year...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    I don't get why Aucoin would sign in Toronto when he spent the end of last season playing pretty well in the NHL. He doesn't have a spot in the NHL with us, he doesn't, there isn't room. He'll be good to help whoever is in the AHL put up big numbers, he could play wing with Colborne and help him out. Good pickup as long as he's fine being in the AHL all year...
    As of now, well at least according to capgeek he's the highest paid player in the AHL (on a two way contract) at 350k. Might be that no other team was willing to give him that much in the AHL.

I think they're just trying to let Eakins win the Calder and get some more playoff experience in. Marlies have a really nice team next year, though the D may be a little shaky.

I'm probably forgetting quite a few guys here, and it's not line combos just throwing down a quick roster.

Ryan Hamilton - Joe Colborne - Jerry' D'Amigo
    Carter Ashton - Keith Aucoin - Brad Ross
    Greg Scott - Greg McKegg - Nic Deschamps
    Sam Carrick - Jamie Devane - Tyler Brenner
    Spencer Abbot, Colton Orr, Andrew Cresensci, Kenny Ryan

Mike Kostska - Jesse Blacker
    Petter Granberg (?) - Simon Gysbers
    Korbinian Holzer (NHL?) -

Jussi Rynnas
    Mark Owuya
    Ben Scrivens (NHL?)

Very deep offense, but D sucks, I think Granberg is staying in Sweden for another year and those are the only guys under contract with us. Percy I don't think is eligible. If Holzer makes the team out of camp, that D is looking pretty bad. Hopefully they bring back a guy like Mark Fraser and Lashoff again, though I think Lashoff may have signed elsewhere already, or he's still injured.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    As of now, well at least according to capgeek he's the highest paid player in the AHL (on a two way contract) at 350k. Might be that no other team was willing to give him that much in the AHL.

I think they're just trying to let Eakins win the Calder and get some more playoff experience in. Marlies have a really nice team next year, though the D may be a little shaky.

I'm probably forgetting quite a few guys here, and it's not line combos just throwing down a quick roster.

Ryan Hamilton - Joe Colborne - Jerry' D'Amigo
    Carter Ashton - Keith Aucoin - Brad Ross
    Greg Scott - Greg McKegg - Nic Deschamps
    Sam Carrick - Jamie Devane - Tyler Brenner
    Spencer Abbot, Colton Orr, Andrew Cresensci, Kenny Ryan

Mike Kostska - Jesse Blacker
    Petter Granberg (?) - Simon Gysbers
    Korbinian Holzer (NHL?) -

Jussi Rynnas
    Mark Owuya
    Ben Scrivens (NHL?)

Very deep offense, but D sucks, I think Granberg is staying in Sweden for another year and those are the only guys under contract with us. Percy I don't think is eligible. If Holzer makes the team out of camp, that D is looking pretty bad. Hopefully they bring back a guy like Mark Fraser and Lashoff again, though I think Lashoff may have signed elsewhere already, or he's still injured.
    Hopefully they bring back Ziggy as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherqtip420 View Post
    Hopefully they bring back Ziggy as well
    Don't know if they will. Don't really have room for him on the Marlies. I would assume they would rather give a guy like McKegg, Andrew Cresensci, Carrick or even Devane playing time.

vCash
    I think percy could make the ahl as well....didnt he play well in the playoffs? I think hes old enough as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    I think percy could make the ahl as well....didnt he play well in the playoffs? I think hes old enough as well
    Not old enough, nor has he played 4 years in the OHL. So NHL or back to the OHL (and I doubt he gets a spot on our D, so very, very, very likely it's back to the OHL).

vCash
    Good AHL signing lol.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Actually percy could make the ahl if he is 18 by sept 15th and i believe he is 19

vCash
    Haha yeah. Our NHL team has sucked for a near decade.. but we're pulling out all the stops to win the Calder Cup! Go Marlies! In all honesty tho this Aucoin guy really produces big numbers in the AHL. It's good to see the Marlies do well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast