Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 85 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Hmm that's a tougher one. As a rule I don't like Belichick RBs (same with Shanahan ones). However, he's younger and healthier than Charles, if not as talented. At some point I keep thinking Belichick is going to get more mileage out of his RBs since Brady is aging but I don't think it's this year. If it came down to it, I'd take Charles over Ridley but that's probably a personal preference.
    I use to go by the same rule and own the skins rb Morris who sits on my bench and makes me cry every time I do that lol ... I don't trust him but Ridley and him oth have been getting enough play time to say they could/should be over certain options expecially guys hurt/not preforming,ect.

vCash
    I understand your thinking. But I'm 0-2. Do not trust CJ anymore. Not high on Ridley and Crabtree doesn't crack my starting lineup. Have been trying to improve my RBs for a week now and no one will bite. Whoever is the QB in Zona Fitz always has been consistent. So I'll use him or Nicks to trade and get a top tier RB since Martin's production will probably decline later in the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyhalf10 View Post
    I understand your thinking. But I'm 0-2. Do not trust CJ anymore. Not high on Ridley and Crabtree doesn't crack my starting lineup. Have been trying to improve my RBs for a week now and no one will bite. Whoever is the QB in Zona Fitz always has been consistent. So I'll use him or Nicks to trade and get a top tier RB since Martin's production will probably decline later in the season.
    I see no reason Martin will decline unless he's hurt. With the Bucs schedule in the 2nd half (Carolina, Atlanta twice, New Orleans, and St. Louis) I think he can actually put up some big rushing numbers towards the end. Plus he's a factor in the passing game which means he'll produce whether or not the Bucs are up.

vCash
    True, the amount he's used as a rookie and how small he is we'll see how he holds up. Also since its a PPR league, Lynch is useless catching out of the backfield. My goal would be to try to trade for McCoy or Rice. Both those teams are in desperate need of receiver help. Drafting CJ in the first was a bad choice on my part. That offensive line is too bad for him to make a significant turnaround. He'll get better during the season but not an RB1 value. For me to get Fitz using CJ whose value has dropped significantly is a steal in my opinion.

vCash
    Someone in my keeper league just inquired about the availability of AJ Green. I basically told him that I wasn't going to put a price on Green, but if he blows me away I'd consider his offer. We have to keep 5 guys a year, don't lose draft picks for keeping, so you just keep your best guys moving forward and don't worry about pick losses.

So here is my team:

QB - Stafford
    WR - Green
    WR - Fitzgerald
    WR - Britt
    RB - Richardson
    RB - Jones-Drew
    TE - Finley
    FLEX - Morris
    K - Tucker
    DEF - New York Jets

Bench:
    Andrew Luck
    Ryan Williams
    Beanie Wells
    David Wilson
    Darrius Heyward-Bey
    Justin Blackmon
    Santana Moss
    Kyle Rudolph
    Jon Baldwin
    Donald Brown

Here is his team:

QB - Rivers
    WR - Harvin
    WR - Maclin
    WR - Lloyd
    RB - McFadden
    RB - Spiller
    FLEX - Ridley
    K - Crosby
    DEF - New York Giants

Bench:
    Michael Crabtree
    Pierre Thomas
    Michael Turner
    Greg Olsen
    Santonio Holmes
    Randall Cobb
    Dustin Keller
    Austin Collie
    Jake Locker

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I view Green as a franchise player for my squad along with Richardson, so I place a pretty high price tag on him. I just wanted to post in here to get a feeling of what other people would ask for if you were in my situation. So, if you had my squad and this guy wanted AJ Green from you, what would you expect to get from his roster?

vCash
    ^^ we can also trade draft picks, so I would likely seek to have a high pick included

vCash
    For keeper leagues, I think Green is the 2nd or 3rd most valuable player period. So you're right to set the price high. Conversely, I'm big on Harvin in a keeper league too (nagging injuries and all). He's just too dynamic and I love that they use him out of the backfield. If you could start a package around Harvin, a pick, and maybe something useful (Randall Cobb?) this season I would probably do it. Here's my values for keeper leagues top 5:

1. Calvin Johnson
    2. AJ Green
    3. Jimmy Graham
    4. Percy Harvin
    5. Richardson

Normally I'd put another WR (say Maclin perhaps) in there but I'm a big believer in Richardson for the next 5 years or so and I'm willing to bear the injury risk. I'm sure people will have issues with not including the Cam Newtons, RGIIIs, or Ray Rices but keeper leagues are all about consistency, youth, and health.

vCash
    Julio Jones is just as valuable

vCash
    Just got offered Hakeem Nicks and Fred Jackson(give) for Percy Harvin and Alfred Morris

My team as is (non PPR)...

Rodgers
    Spiller, Charles, Mathews, D. Brown, LeShoure, Ryan Williams, Fred Jackson
    Nicks, Maclin, LaFell, Hartline

Nicks and Maclin are out this week too haha

vCash
    Just got offered Hakeem Nicks and Fred Jackson(give) for Percy Harvin and Alfred Morris

My team as is (non PPR)...

Rodgers
    Spiller, Charles, Mathews, D. Brown, LeShoure, Ryan Williams, Fred Jackson
    Nicks, Maclin, LaFell, Hartline

Nicks and Maclin are out this week too haha

vCash
    Don't do it. You're giving up far too much. Stevie and AJ can be good, but I'm not buying the hype with AJ. Gore is still a stud, but everyone wants to trade him. Gates is always hurt, and Gronk's a stud.

Your second trade is pretty even, IMO. I'd take it because of Spiller's emergence.

vCash
    Or i just got offered Ryan Mathews and Hakeem Nicks for Andre Johnson, Stephen Jackson, Daryl Richardson(Jacksons back up)

But I kinda really wanna see what Mathews can do before anything haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Don't do it. You're giving up far too much. Stevie and AJ can be good, but I'm not buying the hype with AJ. Gore is still a stud, but everyone wants to trade him. Gates is always hurt, and Gronk's a stud.

Your second trade is pretty even, IMO. I'd take it because of Spiller's emergence.
    Just curious to know why you're not buying "the hype" with AJ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    For keeper leagues, I think Green is the 2nd or 3rd most valuable player period. So you're right to set the price high. Conversely, I'm big on Harvin in a keeper league too (nagging injuries and all). He's just too dynamic and I love that they use him out of the backfield. If you could start a package around Harvin, a pick, and maybe something useful (Randall Cobb?) this season I would probably do it. Here's my values for keeper leagues top 5:

1. Calvin Johnson
    2. AJ Green
    3. Jimmy Graham
    4. Percy Harvin
    5. Richardson

Normally I'd put another WR (say Maclin perhaps) in there but I'm a big believer in Richardson for the next 5 years or so and I'm willing to bear the injury risk. I'm sure people will have issues with not including the Cam Newtons, RGIIIs, or Ray Rices but keeper leagues are all about consistency, youth, and health.
    Thanks, glad to know I'm not the only one who would demand a king's ransom for AJ. I would probably ask something preposterous to start, like Green, Morris, Finley for Harvin, McFadden, and a pick. Just to show him how much I value Green.

vCash
    For this year. I have the same problem with the Bengals that I had with the Bucs last year, although the Bucs were to a much bigger extreme.

They were simply a team that overachieved last year, and I see them coming back down to life this year. They might still be a decent team, but I don't see Dalton having the success he did last year, and that will in turn hurt Green's value.

I don't think he'll be a top 15 receiver. And I think many are projecting him to break out.

Page 35 of 85 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast