Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    It will get done soon, he wont scum us like Prust did and when push comes to shove, Sather will NOT let MDZ walk like he did with Prust, MDZ is more valuable to us then Prust could have ever been IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    It will get done soon, he wont scum us like Prust did and when push comes to shove, Sather will NOT let MDZ walk like he did with Prust, MDZ is more valuable to us then Prust could have ever been IMO
    MDZ is our property, he can't walk like Prust. Worst he can do is sit out the year.

vCash
    I don't blame Prust. What he does is pretty tough for a living. He takes a beating. He should have gone for the most money. Lin on the other hand was scum. The Knicks made that loser and he showed no loyalty. I hope he rots in Houston.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by averymustgo View Post
    I don't blame Prust. What he does is pretty tough for a living. He takes a beating. He should have gone for the most money. Lin on the other hand was scum. The Knicks made that loser and he showed no loyalty. I hope he rots in Houston.
    I think Prust's longevity is in question myself. He seems to play hurt a lot, and he's given a lot of hard hours on the ice fighting bigger guys and hitting every shift. He took the money IMO because this was his last chance at a decent contract, he knows his body can't take many more years. It's become pretty clear from my point of view that Prust either has to tone it down a bit or he'll always be injured from here on in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by averymustgo View Post
    At the end of the day, these guys are going to do what's right for them and what's in the best interest of their families. Whatever the case may be, you just gotta move on and put trust in management to make the right decisions to backfill their roles.

Can't blame Prust for jumping on that contract, and you can't blame Jeremy.... he should be thankful that he had the opportunity to shine in the NY market, but he just didn't want to be here

vCash
    I think if Prust cut his fights in half, he would get back to 10 goals, 15 assists.

vCash
    Since Rupp is otherwise useless hopefully he steps up into a bigger tough guy role along with Asham who can fight if needed. I actually think Asham will be decent offensively compared to Prust whose numbers dipped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger71 View Post
    Since Rupp is otherwise useless hopefully he steps up into a bigger tough guy role along with Asham who can fight if needed. I actually think Asham will be decent offensively compared to Prust whose numbers dipped.
    Rupp played most of last year injured, I'd expect him to be better this year.
    Taken from Blueshirts united.

"Last year for me was a battle," Rupp told me the other day. "We had a great season as a team, and being a part of that was something special and I will never forget any of that. But at the same time it was a long season for me after getting injured in training camp and then never feeling good all year---knowing that I didn't quite have that edge in my game, that push, and that some days were going to be downright bad. It was a tough year for me because of that."

Rupp appeared in 60 games last season, the fewest he had played in since 2005-06.He missed 22 straight games between October 27th and December 15th following knee surgery. And even after the surgery pain lingered and he was not quite right.

"When you get hurt late in a season, you just grind it out, you can deal with it," explained Rupp. "But when you get hurt in pre-season and then have surgery, and try and get back as soon as you can, you just aren't right the entire year. I love to practice and I love to play games and there were times where it hurt so much it was not easy at all to get out there. It's like Man, how am I going to get through today? And that's no fun at all."

Despite his constant knee pain, and time missed following the surgery, Rupp played a major role inside the dressing room, quickly becoming a trusted and respected veteran voice. Not only a go-to for team beat reporters, Rupp's locker was a destination for younger teammates on a regular basis, as well. And during the playoffs, Rupp's was a calming voice even at the most tense of times with the Rangers facing early elimination against Ottawa and Washington.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234